IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

I'm a little concerned about the number of one on ones we're giving the opposition that so far haven't cost us due to a combination of poor finishing and some last ditch defending but a win's a win and West Ham are never an easy side to play against.

I think we get away with it because there is a pressure to score with the chances you get as an opposition player. 

Liverpool / City know our believe they will get more chances so they are more relaxed when having attempts, but teams that face them likely believe that any chance they get could be the last and tense up a little and that makes all the difference.

Yep, reached that point of the season where only results matter from here on in.

Far too lax in places, and couldn’t really have been too disappointed if West Ham had equalised. However, three more points and it’s still in our hands. Will be plenty happy if we’re still able to say that in a month or so.

3 hours ago, glb said:

Yep, reached that point of the season where only results matter from here on in.

Far too lax in places, and couldn’t really have been too disappointed if West Ham had equalised. However, three more points and it’s still in our hands. Will be plenty happy if we’re still able to say that in a month or so.

It's not in our hands yet (assuming Man City win tomorrow). Even if we beat them, we'd only be top on goal difference (and there's not much in it.) We still need them to drop some more points (about 15-20 would be great, thanks :lol:)

13 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

A win's a win. I'll take games exactly that for the entire rest of the season, to be honest.

My heart can stress levels can't take games like that though 

They’re shockingly bad. And having been through the Ferguson years, it’s absolutely glorious seeing how shite they are.

Backed them to lose 4-1 today too, so thank you Man United for the new Lego I’m going to buy :)

1 minute ago, Adrock said:

Are we all praying Frank gets Everton sent down? I know I am. Can't stand Frank and it being Everton would be an extra bonus.

It would be a lovely present after teasing us with Geordie Arabia.

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

Are we all praying Frank gets Everton sent down? I know I am. Can't stand Frank and it being Everton would be an extra bonus.

Praying? What's the point? It already looks to be a certainty.

24 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Fuck me. This ref

He looks like the villainous coach in an 80s movie about a rabble of street kids taking on a posh tennis academy.

That first half was Inter huffing and puffing, Liverpool mis passing most things and I think we are managing the game but it's hard to tell! Add in the ref that can't see a foul even if one happened on him and I'm a bit bored.🤣

0-0 at HT means we are managing it perfectly. They didn’t have any big chances either. Use the bench and accelerate past them in the 2nd half with Diaz, Keita and Henderson coming on at 65 mins ish.

17 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I’m mostly baffled as to why Abby from Coronation Street is co-commentating.

Lucy Ward... Knows her stuff was at leads for a couple of decades and I believe worked as part of the academy too.

5 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Thiago chatting to his mates before and coming out at half time is a bit unprofessional for my liking. 

No fun allowed? :P 

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread