Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

18 minutes ago, sith said:

I can easily go on YouTube and find an Alonso highlight reel. Different class of midfielder. 

yes, a lower class

32 minutes ago, sith said:

Tiago has had 2 or 3 good games in a Liverpool shirt. Calm down lol!

Stop making daft assertions! While you’re here who on earth was that David Luiz looking oddball running around like he’d never played football before? Made me laugh, i like him 😀

Kelly Dalglish: “Gary Neville only gave Man Utd a 1% chance of winning this evening...”

Roy Keane (totally deadpan): “I think Gary was being overly generous there”

Id like the team to stop getting so casual at the start of second halves and Alisson was probably busier than he expected but a great performance overall. If this United side end up finishing fourth Spurs and Arsenal should be ashamed of themselves.

Fernades said in his interview that they are fighting for nothing. I think a slip of the tongue but also a glimpse into the inner attitudes inside the club right now.

Second goal, 25 passes and every single player but Van Dijk got a touch. Amazing team.

I don't care about what they win this season, it's an absolute joy to watch the team.

That really was such a simple victory last night, from kick off I felt like it was never in doubt.  Man U are so average it's not even a contest anymore.  No fight, no ability, no soul, lacking in so many areas, I fear Newcastle surprising us more than them.

Having said that, Liverpool are just quality and a joy to watch.  Luis Diaz is fast becoming my favourite player, he has everything we want to come in and take over from the older crew and with Jota as well the future is bright.

We have no excuse to let standards slip in any of our remaining games. We must treat every have like we are playing the best team every and the effort required to best them 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

We have no excuse to let standards slip in any of our remaining games. We must treat every have like we are playing the best team every and the effort required to best them 

We can only try our best, it doesn't mean we will win all games we play in though.  It's a massive ask.

19 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

We can only try our best, it doesn't mean we will win all games we play in though.  It's a massive ask.

Never said we will win it all. Just there are no excuses not to go all out. 

Still buzzing. Wrecked my shoulder celebrating the third, totally worth it. Waited since the 90s for that. 5-0 in their backyard, and an absolute trouncing in ours. Seven or eight wouldn’t have flattered us.

Seeing them rattled, frustrated, forlorn… glorious. Neville trying to get excited because Sideshow Knob kicked one of ours, lovely stuff. That’s where they are, reduced to also rans, and even better Ferguson has got to see it all unfold too.

Now for a lie down and a bit of rest before a quiet little game on Sunday :wub:

20 hours ago, SMD said:

yes, a lower class

I don't know why I'm arguing with a Liverpool fan over 2 of their players, but you don't have a clue what you're talking about. 

Alonso is in that rare class of a player who could dictate an entire game from the base of midfield. He had every type of pass in his locker and he was excellent defensively because of his physicality. Basically the same class as the likes of Busquets, Modric and Pirlo. 

Tiago as good as he is, as never played that role to a high level on a consistent basis. Only once in his career has he managed 30 league appearances in a season.

I assume you watched plenty of Molby, Alonso and Thiago to make such a comparison? 

All three are amazing but if I was forced to rank them (a cigarette paper between each) 

1. Molby 

2. Thiago

3. Alonso 

They each played in completely different eras and are perfectly suited to the team they are/were in. 

1 hour ago, sith said:

I don't know why I'm arguing with a Liverpool fan over 2 of their players, but you don't have a clue what you're talking about. 

Alonso is in that rare class of a player who could dictate an entire game from the base of midfield. He had every type of pass in his locker and he was excellent defensively because of his physicality. Basically the same class as the likes of Busquets, Modric and Pirlo. 

Tiago as good as he is, as never played that role to a high level on a consistent basis. Only once in his career has he managed 30 league appearances in a season.

I've seen more average performances from Alonso than good and even when he played for Real and Bayern he was still limited in how he influenced a game compared to Thiago.

No one is saying Thiago's not got fitness problems but his impact has been ridiculous, don't forget he's come to the Premier League as a 29 year old and adjusted to a high pressing style again. Alonso would die trying to play in Klopp's side.