IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

5 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I think the red card is harsh there, but I can't help but feel this is a result of referees letting everything go. That it's a lad at the start of his career that's paying for it is sickening. 

Precisely. And Pawson didn't even give a foul, ignore that bullshit from Martin Tyler saying he was always going to show a red card. He is as much to blame as Struijk was. Struijk was in mid-air when he made contact.

The red card was NOT harsh. How Firpo hasn't even been booked yet is beyond me, but that's the reason Struijk felt he could go in the way he did.

1 minute ago, p b said:

I missed the foul and don't really want to search for replays, as it seems nasty from everything you hear? What happened? (just the basics, please)

His foot wasn’t where it should be. Horrible for him. Some very classy Leeds fans singing “always the victim” at an 18yr old

whos just broken his leg, doesn’t get much lower than that.

5 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Precisely. And Pawson didn't even give a foul, ignore that bullshit from Martin Tyler saying he was always going to show a red card. He is as much to blame as Struijk was. Struijk was in mid-air when he made contact.

The red card was NOT harsh. How Firpo hasn't even been booked yet is beyond me, but that's the reason Struijk felt he could go in the way he did.

As if to further the point, a carbon copy on Mane goes unpunished. If this standard of refereeing goes much further, Elliott won't be the last.

4 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

As if to further the point, a carbon copy on Mane goes unpunished. If this standard of refereeing goes much further, Elliott won't be the last.

But on the bright side, Ronaldo could be next…

Joking obv, before the moralists pile on. 

Of course it won't change. He's already faced several challenges like that in his short time in the PL. Klopp complained about it after the Burnley game and the melts in the media just whipped the 'MiNd gAmEs' narrative out. Just like it was 'unlucky' last season when Pickford exploded VvD's ACL. 

1 minute ago, Stigweard said:

Fuck me, I'm gonna staying out the main football thread, it's pathetic. Lad has his leg broken but people are more bothered about the red card 🙄.

More like instantly proving you wrong only to have you flounce off. 

4 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Fuck me, I'm gonna staying out the main football thread, it's pathetic. Lad has his leg broken but people are more bothered about the red card 🙄.

Dizogg was right, very distasteful going on about the red card decision. Unfortunately that thread might aswell be called 'We hate Liverpool football thread'. Bunch of haters (no, not all of them).

4 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

More like instantly proving you wrong only to have you flounce off. 

I wasn't even on about you, but seeing as though you've come in here looking for a reply, no you didn't prove me wrong, he was still given a red card in the moment wasn't he. Just like today. 

38 minutes ago, p b said:

I missed the foul and don't really want to search for replays, as it seems nasty from everything you hear? What happened? (just the basics, please)

It was horrible.

Its actually not easy to tell where the actual break occurs, because after the tackle, Elliott kind of rolls over, then his leg flops in mid-air, in several places.

The worst part was watching him trying to get up afterwards, obviously in complete shock, and Salah holding him to stop him getting up, as Salah could see how awful it was.

1 minute ago, Chewylegs said:

Dizogg was right, very distasteful going on about the red card decision. Unfortunately that thread might aswell be called 'We hate Liverpool football thread'. Bunch of haters (no, not all of them).

Honestly. Even us trying to justify why someone might have been given a red for being involved in a leg break gets a load of shit slung back. Cant be arsed.

Honestly. Even us trying to justify why someone might have been given a red for being involved in a leg break gets a load of shit slung back. Cant be arsed.

No - you said every time a tackle breaks a leg it is a red card. It's just not true. I presented clear evidence of this and you somehow still dispute it. 

Bizarre. 

1 minute ago, Stoppy2000 said:

No - you said every time a tackle breaks a leg it is a red card. It's just not true. I presented clear evidence of this and you somehow still dispute it. 

Bizarre. 

What are you talking about? Son was given a red :lol: You presented me with a situation where a player was given a red card and I'm bizarre? Yes it was rescinded but a few days later, but what the fuck does that have to do with the ref on the pitch after the leg break? Was he or was he not given a red by the referee? 

Fucking hell 🙈

What are you talking about? Son was given a red :lol: You presented me with a situation where a player was given a red card and I'm bizarre? Yes it was rescinded but a few days later, but what the fuck does that have to do with the ref on the pitch after the leg break? Was he or was he not given a red by the referee? 

Fucking hell 🙈

He was incorrectly given a red card. The ref made a mistake. 

I'm not saying that this particular one was necessarily not a red. But to say a leg break is a default red is wrong. And provably so. 

Just now, Stoppy2000 said:

He was incorrectly given a red card. The ref made a mistake. 

I'm not saying that this particular one was necessarily not a red. But to say a leg break is a default red is wrong. And provably so. 

Who gives a fuck about the red card, the kid has a broken lwg and is probably going to be out for the season!.