Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

If this happened in a game of FIFA you’d have entire forums complaining about the scripted AI and how it was far too arcadey and unrealistic. 

“Look at my first half stats and I go in 2-1 down!? Pathetic! Programmers have never watched a game of football!”

31 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Starts for Konate, Tsimikas, and Thiago. Palace starting with Benteke over that new guy who might actually score has to be good for us. COME ON YOU REDS!

Appears to be a side that may not create, Pool in trouble!

Jota somehow missed from a yard out, but Mane scoring from the same distance makes the 1st half score more like what it should be, regardless of what the commentary on my stream keeps on saying. Palace have definitely had chances, but we’ve been much better while still looking a bit profligate. 

1 hour ago, Timbuktu said:

Just realised that all three of Liverpool’s scorers yesterday would be away at AFCON when they play Palace again.

Palace are probably the best team to play in January then, they will miss quite a few to AFCON aswell

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

League cup time vs Norwich this evening. Expecting lots of changes to the starting 11.

I'm contemplating popping to the pub to watch it as some of the younger boys might play and it'll be good to see what we've got coming through like Kaide Gordon.  

42 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

I'm contemplating popping to the pub to watch it as some of the younger boys might play and it'll be good to see what we've got coming through like Kaide Gordon. 

Will also be a good chance to have some of the fringe bench players play a game like Kelleher, Nat Phillips, Jones & hopefully Minamino

18 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Will also be a good chance to have some of the fringe bench players play a game like Kelleher, Nat Phillips, Jones & hopefully Minamino

Yeah, Jones has obviously lost a little something in pre season as he's not been getting a start.  He's always impressed me when I've seen him play though.  Minamino needs to put in a big show for me.

21 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Yeah, Jones has obviously lost a little something in pre season as he's not been getting a start.  He's always impressed me when I've seen him play though.  Minamino needs to put in a big show for me.

I thought Jones was decent last season but has not had many games so far & agree about Minamino especially now that we do not have Shaq he needs to step up.