Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

Not sure about tonight, Villarreal are in the semi finals for a reason so victory isn't straightforward.

The afternoon kick off for the Newcastle game is another concern too.

Maybe Everton’s approach will be an unexpected blessing in that our players have had a bit of a warm-up to the low-blocks they’ll face albeit they’ll be of a much higher quality tonight.

As always at this stage midfield will be crucial. Expect Thiago to drop deeper and try to dictate the tempo. Would favour Henderson alongside him just on experience.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Who is ready for a European Cup Semi at Anfield?

Goodness me, the radio commentary is on a different planet to what most TV coverage produces. Ian Dennis, take a bow son.

27 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Not sure about tonight, Villarreal are in the semi finals for a reason so victory isn't straightforward.

The afternoon kick off for the Newcastle game is another concern too.

We won't go into this thinking it is straighforward. Which is why I think we'll win. 

Also, stacking the deck for the Newcastle game... BRING IT ON! We dealt with them between Barca games that year too. 

I'm really looking forward to this.  Villarreal are obviously in the semis for a reason but I do think tonight we'll have too much for them and predict a 3-0 win.  Diaz, Mane and Mo upfront will be electric!

Villareal's Etienne Capoué on Fortress Anfield:

“Anfield is hell, you have to say it how it is. It's hell,” he told AFP.

“It's the worst stadium I've been to in England. Whether it's the atmosphere, the way they play... For 90 minutes, you live in hell.

“They never stop, they rush you all the time, they only want to score goals, and even when they score, they carry on. They want to knock you out.

“They don't care what or who is in front of them. They just want to kill everyone and that's it.”

😍

1 hour ago, glb said:

Goodness me, the radio commentary is on a different planet to what most TV coverage produces. Ian Dennis, take a bow son.

That’s certainly true after the bollocks the BT Sport commentator spouted about it being amazing Villereal are this far into the CL when the town’s population is so small. It’s not the national side of a tiny province, it’s a multi-nationality club side !

3 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Eeerrrrm so grabbing someone by the throat isn't a pen then? wtf.

To be fair Salah sold it like HBK selling an Undertaker choke slam that he forgot to actually make.

4 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Good win that, very comfortable in general after finally getting the breakthrough.

I don't see how we don't go through now tbh. If they play like that in the return leg, they risk going another game having zero shots, but if they open up and go for it, we'll rip them apart.

Good result but the tie isn’t over and Moreno should be back for the second leg,  I expect us to go through but I’m not expecting a comfortable game in the second leg,

3 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

I don't see how we don't go through now tbh. If they play like that in the return leg, they risk going another game having zero shots, but if they open up and go for it, we'll rip them apart.

I'm with you.  Never say never because it's the semi finals but we'll have to be woeful to lose this tie now.

I love how we can now take players off for a rest and put on players like Jota.

Another little stat - will have now set the benchmark of the deepest quadruple attempt (beating 1st May set Chelsea.) 

Whilst on the face of it its pretty meaningless if we go on to win nothing else, it does show the quality and depth of this team to go so far for so long, which nobody else has matched. It is an incredible achievement.