IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

55 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Another little stat - will have now set the benchmark of the deepest quadruple attempt (beating 1st May set Chelsea.) 

Whilst on the face of it its pretty meaningless if we go on to win nothing else, it does show the quality and depth of this team to go so far for so long, which nobody else has matched. It is an incredible achievement. 

Even if we end up with ‘just’ the League Cup, this season has provided so many moments of joy. Anything on top of that, after all we’ve enjoyed so far, will be a glorious bonus.

We’re going to lose at Newcastle, aren’t we? :lol:

So this is the remaining fixtures, in all honesty the only potential slip ups I can see for Man City is this weekend and West Ham away.

Man City - remaining fixtures

Saturday, April 30 - Leeds United (A)

Sunday, May 8 - Newcastle United (H)

Wednesday, May 11 Wolves (A)

Sunday, May 15 - West Ham (A)

Sunday, May 22 - Aston Villa (H)

Liverpool's is a little tougher and this weekend and the game against Tottenham are the stumbling blocks.

Liverpool - remaining fixtures

Saturday, April 30 -Newcastle United(A)

Saturday, May 7 - Tottenham (H)

Tuesday, May 10 - Aston Villa (A)

Tuesday, May 17 Southampton (A)

Sunday, May 22 - Wolves (H)

I'm going for City dropping 2 points this weekend, 2 against West Ham with Liverpool dropping 2 points against Spurs, winning the title with 1 point to spare 😎

If Gerrard wasn’t already one of Liverpool’s favourite sons, can you imagine how tall his statue will be if Villa get anything on the last day of the season to open the door for us?

Statue Watch

Klopp - Statue of Liberty sized, atop the Kop

Gerrard - potentially Angel of the North sized, Stanley Park

Big Divock - Christ the Redeemer sized, Sandon Half Tide Dock in full view of Everton’s new mega bowl.

15 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Klopp has extended his contract to 2026 according to The Arhletic.

I wonder if Pep will extend his too, he must love having such a good challenger around, it clearly pushes them both to new heights. 

I wonder if the Klopp extension was a consideration for Salah? Will Ljinders hang around after he was briefed in the press as being a viable replacement to Klopp?

Excellent news anyway regardless of the questions above. Some media was also briefing Darwin Nunez was close to agreeing terms with the club, Klopp's extension can only be a positive for transfer and contract dealings.

There’s an interview with Klopp on the website. There’s snippets on the club’s Twitter, with mention of Pep and the other coaches extending being a big factor in him staying :)

Also, Ulla Klopp confirmed for player of the season.

Ljinders will continue Klopp's legacy in much the same way the old boot room did. 

He just strikes me as a future manager at the club. 

A front 3 of Jota, Mane and Diaz is literally as good as any in world football anyway. Giving Trent a rest will probably pay off, but I'd like to see 1 of Thiago or Fabinho starting. Just need a win, because that puts pressure on City. If we lose or draw then Pep will rest the entire first team to focus on Real midweek, so let's at least deny them that option.

For me the biggest losses are Thiago and Fabinho, big concern about today. Milner doesn't have any legs left, Keita is the most schizophrenic footballer I've seen. Hopefully his world beating self turns up.

Newcastle started out with an attempted high press, but are already being pushed back into the usual low block we end up facing. 

Also, how is anyone offside from their own goal kick? That shows how they're changing their style for us, which will unquestionably favour us over the 90.

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread