IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

I don't think they offered any real threat. It was the most comfortable 1-0 I have seen. Newcastle being safe and I'm mid table limbo really helped.

Despite knowing the tie should be more or less over, nerves have kicked in :wub:

May. A European semi-final. Dreaming of what might be… doesn’t get much better than this.

Yep, can’t help thinking if they get a spawny goal first half they will believe big time and the crowd will be going mental. But even if that happens I back this team to go through. But good chance it won’t be comfortable.

Can’t see us getting beat by a 2 goal margin by any team in world football right now though. Just can’t imagine it (famous last words).

To be honest the only team I can see beating us heavily in a one-off game is Man City, and even then that works both ways.

Assuming Thiago will start for the control he brings. Naby lad has been decent in recent weeks but wonder if Henderson will get the nod because of his experience and industry (he offers more than that but semi-finals no doubt bring unique pressures)

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

I thought the Carvalho deal had been sorted, but he's talking about not knowing what will happen at the end of the season?

Their owner has apparently confirmed the transfer. Maybe he wasn’t sure if he’d be loaned back for a season? Which to be honest might not be the worst idea in the world.

Loaning him back was part of the original failed bid in January I think, so it would make sense for that still to be the case, given that he isn't going to supplant any of our current front 5 (and Elliott would likely be above him in the pecking order too.) 

This ref needs to get a grip. And we need to calm it down a touch. Play keep-ball until half-time, make them get frustrated. We are constantly giving it away at the moment.

Just need to sure up the passing. Villarreal haven't had much of a threat considering how we've been. 

However we need to stop being so sloppy 

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread