Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

This game had everything:

- Salah hat-trick

- Huge home defeat for United

- Ronaldo being a whiney little bitch

- Sending off

- Disallowed goal

Also the first time we’ve played in that gorgeous new away kit.

Hope Naby is OK :(

Yeah, me too!  Watched the goals again and that Hendo pass for the 5th is unbelievable.  That man does not get the plaudits he deserves.

Only downer is we have only Jones, Henderson and Oxlade-Chamberlain as fit midfielders.  Milner has a hamstring problem and Keita's issue is still unknown.

I posted in the Man Utd thread, but I was actually at Anfield yesterday morning doing the stadium tour (which was great, sitting in Klopp's seat on the bench and stuff), but unfortunately was making a long drive home rather than settling down in a pub to watch the game, so had to settle for the radio.

I have to be honest, after they described Fernandes' chance - and he really should've scored - I felt a bit nervous. Hell, even at 2-0 I was thinking 'If they pull one back before half-time...' Obviously I needn't have worried, though I was really hoping the MotD highlights were going to show Konate dumping Ronaldo on his arse (which is pretty much how Five Live described it.) What a day though and who knows how many they could've racked-up had they kept going for it, though after already seeing Milner and Keita getting injured I can understand why the tempo dropped for the last half-hour.

54 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Yeah, me too!  Watched the goals again and that Hendo pass for the 5th is unbelievable.  That man does not get the plaudits he deserves.

His was the first shirt I got a photo with in Anfield's changing room because he just represents exactly the type of player you want as a captain - on the radio they were describing how he was still telling the team to get back in the 90th minute to protect that clean sheet. Such an inspirational guy.

39 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Awesome! Hope you had a good time, shame you couldn't stay for the game as well, Liverpool city centre would have been buzzing!

Yeah, was gutted but the tour was great, loved coming out of the tunnel (did a little jig when touching the 'This is Anfield' sign). There was also the Liverpool marathon yesterday, so getting back into the centre would've been tricky - plus I had to do a long drive home. Didn't stop me fake-moaning to my girlfriend about it though :P

Poor Solskjaer has only had *checks notes* £440m+ to spend during his tenure with four of the five highest-paid players in the league in his squad to scrape by with.

Just think if they had someone in who knew what they were doing, they might have only lost 4-0 on Sunday.

1 hour ago, glb said:

Poor Solskjaer has only had *checks notes* £440m+ to spend during his tenure with four of the five highest-paid players in the league in his squad to scrape by with.

If he ever joins this forum, he should have plenty to contribute to this thread.

https://rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/324173-buying-crap-you-dont-need-for-the-sake-of-it/

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

I’d rather they did that than address any of the other issues. 

This is true.  It's ultimately highly amusing to see so much chat about it and fans just aghast at what their club has become.

I'll find individual Man Utd losses - ones against us in particular, obviously - absolutely hilarious but it's hard to take much pleasure from the wider situation, to be honest, given how much it echoes our miserable years under H&G.

13 hours ago, hmm said:

I'll find individual Man Utd losses - ones against us in particular, obviously - absolutely hilarious but it's hard to take much pleasure from the wider situation, to be honest, given how much it echoes our miserable years under H&G.

I'm not convinced it does though.  They nearly bankrupt us. The Glazers used Man U's own wealth to buy them, now pay it off through the club.  I don't know tons about it but it seems they aren't liked because they make money out of the club, like a business.  It's not like Man U don't spend 100s of millions each summer now is it?  That team they have, with a decent manager would be doing much better, then the moaning would stop.

14 hours ago, hmm said:

Anything bad happening to Man United is brilliant.

15 hours ago, Hamus said:

If that finish from Origi happens in Pro Evo or FIFA you are absolutely sure its utter bullshit and would never happen.

Just seen!  Oh my days, that man is still after his statue outside the ground!😂