IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

1 minute ago, Chewylegs said:

I really hope that doesn't happen.  If we want to challenge, we can't be putting all the pressure on the new boys coming in.  Bobby is much needed, especially with Jota injured.

Yeah, we'd miss Bobby a lot. If he is going and there is any truth to it, then I imagine we have a replacement lined up. Hopefully all just bollocks though. 

With 3 upfront and Mane gone, we have Jota (injured), Nunez, Diaz and Salah.  I'm still not convinced Elliott is ready to fully be relied on just yet.  We need Bobby too as he offers a different skill base. 

The legend that is Divock has gone also.

25 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Its at the King Power

wait they're doing the community shield the same weekend as the women's euros final?

still a bit shitty, unless it's a terrible game there's still gonna be a load of media attention on the shield. who even cares about it, it's a terrible 'trophy' and it doesn't even go to charity any more.

I think you're making it something it isn't. Nobody really takes much notice of the community shield apart from the teams that are involved anyway.

People may tune in to watch it but the media around it isn't all encompassing and considering the Women's tournament has captured the countries attention I don't think the community shield will detract from it one bit.

Yeah I completely forgot we are playing in it until now. 

I just hope we don't play Nunez in thew game, so it doesn't get hyped as Nunez vs Haaland: WHO IS BETTER!!! Before micro analysis of ever slightly bad touch, or not perfect pass. 

In other news: :omg: 

We'll be going!

It would've taken a complete turnaround in fortunes for this not to have been AOC's last season with us but still gutted for the lad:

Can't see him getting back into the side at all now, he was so good when he first joined and that ACL against Roma plus the shift in emphasis away from the midfield has really done it for him.

I hope the board find some extra motivation for Dortmund to part with Bellingham this summer rather than next now.

The Daniel Sturridge career trajectory with the massive highs. A real shame because he was great up until that injury against Roma and by the time he recovered the team had moved on. With the break for the World Cup he might make some appearances in the new year if he's fit but this is probably it for Liverpool career and then he's probably headed to the MLS. 

if we had most of our midfield going, I could see your point but you're looking at Jones, Elliott, Milner, Carvalho and Keita all having a midseason break, not to mention any youngsters looking to take any opportunity that comes their way from now till December. There's a chance Thiago might not go either depending on form or fitness, it's just hard to see AOC having any kind of pathway to a first team role without being fully fit in preseason.

Defending there against Walker sums up the new team. Slow him down, Diaz back to harass and then win the ball and earn a free kick