IGNORED

League 2 thread

neoELITE

Fleetwood beat us today at home 0-2. If you were a neutral, you'd say our centre half Curtis Nelson took a brown enevelope of cash from the Fleetwood chairman prior to kick off. Both goals were his fault. Fleetwood won't get an easier three points anywhere this season. They could have scored a lot more but seemed to go two up early in the first half and just stopped going forward. Fleetwood brought 37 away fans. I counted them. It might have been 36 as I'm sure I counted a fat bloke twice.

So far. 0 points, 0 goals.

Yay :(

Not another relegation scrap.

The official atendance for Fleetwood was 90 but it wasn't as I counted them about five times as there was little else to do. Plymouth look like they're facing a fifth season of relegation worry. Not good enough. We had 7,200 home fans (including me). We must be mental.

Relieved to see that Pompey got their first win on Saturday against Morecambe. Seems like it was fairly comfortable and Agyemang scored a cracker by all accounts.

Even though it's early days, I can see us going on a decent run as the team is starting to gel. I think we'll be around the playoffs at least for most of the season if Connolly and Agyemang can keep scoring and the injuries are kept to a minimum.

We should have been 4-0 up at half time today but Rochdale brought down a half man half leopard with them to play in goal. In the end, we hung on and on and on and on and on for a 1-0 win. Two wins on the bounce - amazing for us. Rochdale were a good footballing side but had nobody to score. Keith Hill's a superb manager. He always makes his teams play football. Watching us in the second half was like watching a baby playing with a bag of pins - according to my Dad.

Back to back wins for Plymouth. We completely dominated the first half and should have been two or three goals up at half time. The second half was completely the opposite though and we were lucky to get a result. Rochdale were very slick but had little up front. It was a dubious penalty but I'll take a win at home -if only to get people through the doors. £21 for this just doesn't seem worth it.

The referee was abysmal and the linos were just as bad - this league suffers from some very bad referees.

We're away next week but have three at home in September - it's not looking like a sixth successive relegation scrap.

One to watch from us this season is Marvin Morgan - a great signing.

We went one up away at Morecombe and immediately conceded to make it 1-1 at half time. The second half sounded dire on the radio until Morecombe scored in the 84th minute. Attendance was 1,800.

Hartlepool still haven't scored.

Good win for Exeter :(

Next up for us is Bristol Rovers. Hopefully, the Gas will come down in numbers for that one - I'm fed up with being able to count the away fans. We've got three home games in September so I'm hoping for at least seven point from those games.

We're away at the City (in JPT) tomorrow first! C'mon you blues!! :P

Hooligans throwing pink seats.

We've got you on Saturday down here. I have two friends coming up from Cornwall. One's a Gashead and he's sitting with us as I expect a 20 minute curfew on your away fans and we're going for pints after. He text me earlier asking if it was ok to wear his replica shirt. I am sure our stewards will let him in :facepalm:

His thick bumpkin accent might give him away ;)

Looking forward to it but it looks like rain here on Saturday.

Poor old Fudgie was in a right state yesterday. He had to sit with us and watch one of the worst games we've ever seen. 1-0 home win for the greens - just under 9000 was a good crowd but the game was poor. The police were out in force for some reason. Horses, helicopter, barriers and riot gear - for a League 2 game.

A win is a win though and we've lost enough of these types of games. Looking forward to next week - at home to Wycombe.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to go to St James' with my Dad but he had a heart attack last week so can't go to football for a good month - he'll miss the Portsmouth home game too. He's OK (for someone who had a heart attack).

I missed Saturday's game as we were all at a party in Brixham. A 0-0 against Accrington. We had to go to Exeter and turn back due to road closures so heard Exeter take the lead on the radio and then my youngest daughter was sick in the car - cheered me right up that did :(

Had a shit week that ended in shit.

I was going to go to St James' with my Dad but he had a heart attack last week so can't go to football for a good month - he'll miss the Portsmouth home game too. He's OK (for someone who had a heart attack).

I missed Saturday's game as we were all at a party in Brixham. A 0-0 against Accrington. We had to go to Exeter and turn back due to road closures so heard Exeter take the lead on the radio and then my youngest daughter was sick in the car - cheered me right up that did :(

Had a shit week that ended in shit.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad he's okay.

Terrible first half today but a much better second. Great free-kick from Luke Young to level things at 1-1 but Alan Gow then scored a fantastic 2nd fr us by dinking it over McCormick and the 3rd was the icing on the cake.

An okay atmosphere with, predictably, quite a lot of stick for Luke McCormick that saw two plonkers get booted out.

It didn't sound very good on the radio. Plymouth look in disarray again. We've not lost to Exeter in a while and although it's just another game, it's always nice to beat your local rivals. The atmosphere sounded dreadful, it was so quiet. As it's all ticket, the season ticket holders tend to get the away tickets and they don't sing - plus there's no roof in the away end at St James' so it always ends up being quiet. From the reports on the forums etc., Gow was man of the match.

Our fans aren't happy - even the most supportive/deluded fans who believe we're a Championship club (not me) are calling for a managerial change.

I wasn't that unhappy yesterday as it feels like it isn't my club at the moment.

1-1 yesterday in front of the tv cameras. Decent-ish crowd of just under 9,000. We played well in the first half but faded in the second. It was weird being back at home at 2.30pm on a Saturday. Portsmouth brought down over 1,000 and there was no trouble, hardly any police about and it was a great atmosphere. The fact it was on Sky proabably took 1500-2000 off the gate.

A point isn't good enough though - for either side. Pompey have a few very good players.

Hartlepool scoring three - amazeballs zomg omg etc. - one of the longest and most awful away trips I ever did but we won 8-0 or something ridiculous. That was a long time ago.

Bristol Rovers did that last season and almost made the play offs. It isn't always a bad sign. Who've you got on Saturday? Put £20 on a 3-0 win as it almost always happens.

Portsmouth away so not especially likely. They've got our 'keeper on loan though and he's no allowed to play. I hope this means their other keeper is dodgy.

And whenever I bet on Bury they always let me down, much to my wife's annoyance