rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hannay

RPL City - Season 22

I'm up for Tuesday praccys.

Also wouldn't mind taking the any if noone else wants to.

Reckon it may also be worth having a go with Robben upfront and playing two up top?

Yeah I think we need to have a good play around with players and formations before next week.

If Robben plays up top, Muller is quick enough to play on the wing to replace him.

Yeah Muller is MR anyway.

I would play 2 up top in a 442 Diamond. Who is you preferred striker Pete?

I prefer the smaller agile players rather than the bigger powerful ones. The big guys strangely never seem to do what I want :)

Totally the opposite to what Charlie said then.. i should stop listening to him really...

OK, you go for Robben?

We showed some promise last night chaps. Can't decide on formation yet.

If nothing else, this season will be a damn good laugh.

Can you let me know if you are about for the cup or not?

I agree, apart from your abysmal passing and Gerry's shooting ;), at times we looked pretty decent last night. Once we get the whole team together, I am sure we are not going to be as bad as most of the league think we will be,

Overall I thought that was pretty reasonable considering.

I thought the last formation worked quite well in getting in behind the wingbacks consistently comparatively to the first game. Town kept getting in behind our wing backs who were far to advanced but that should be remedied with more folk on. We missed Vinnie's composure on the ball when he got kicked and I think we all need to remember that we're mostly terrible at skills, mostly.

I'm not sure there is much point mentioning that we should be doing more A passing or less holding onto the ball when under pressure in our own half......

I think we need to adopt the shoot button policy when the ball is at our back 4.

I prefer the first formation and like Gerry think we will be better with a full team online. Personally I think shaqiri's pace was a little wasted in the second formation and although hannay defended more and I pushed up abit the stamina was struggling with the back and forth to play CM.

Aye, much improved last night lads.

The diamond just needs the CDM and two wingers to be mega disciplined as in both 442 games there was not a lot in front of our back four, particularly in the second.

I dont tend to take practice too seriously, hence why I was bombing forward all the time, it will be a different story in proper games, trust me.

Problem with the 442 diamond is that ribery will be on a wing, but die by half time if he tracks back...

I'll be on for the cup tonight. I think our first game is at 10pm but will people be on before for practice?

Andy

I'm at the behest of Sky broadband today, shouldn't be a problem but you never know.

In a 4-4-2 we could always try Ribery upfront and try the Steiger at CAM. If Vinnie isn't getting use of the pace then ultra passing/distance shooting combined with stamina is a good mix for CAM.

Right, thoughts on this guys:

DR - Andy - Lahm
DC - Gus - Boatang
DC - Mick - Dante
DL - ANY - Alaba
DMC - New Pete - Gustavo
ML - Wallbob - Shakiri
MR - Gerry - Muller
AMC - Scott - Ribery
SC - Pete - Robben
SC - Hannay - Gomes

4-4-2 Diamond.

Gerry and Wallace providing the wing play, new Pete covering for Charlie in DMC.

Scott, fancy ribery this week? No problems if you want Shakiri though.

New Pete - you'll need to be disciplined.

Big Gus, shout at and organise the defence, if the DL any fails badly, then we'll swap it.

Good luck for tonight guys, if you get beat badly, you can partly blame me for giving the boss some line up advice.

If I do make it back for the second game, I will play a LB if you want?

Right, thoughts on this guys:

DR - Andy - Lahm

DC - Gus - Boatang

DC - Mick - Dante

DL - ANY - Alaba

DMC - New Pete - Gustavo

ML - Wallbob - Shakiri

MR - Gerry - Muller

AMC - Scott - Ribery

SC - Pete - Robben

SC - Hannay - Gomes

4-4-2 Diamond.

Gerry and Wallace providing the wing play, new Pete covering for Charlie in DMC.

Scott, fancy ribery this week? No problems if you want Shakiri though.

New Pete - you'll need to be disciplined.

Big Gus, shout at and organise the defence, if the DL any fails badly, then we'll swap it.

Wouldn't mind ribery but concerned about the stamina, happy to stick with shaqiri as I know how much I can push his sprinting now and should be able to keep him off the injury list. At cam if I track back to around the half way line it should be enough to save stamina and be in position to connect the midfield and strikers