Well played last night lads; thought we were a bit unlucky to lose the second given that goalmouth scramble at the start only for Athletic then to go up the other end of the pitch and score.

We made a mistake in switching the strikers around in that second match as it meant both the right striker and right winger were an Any. Although I suppose in the first game it was the left winger and left back together so wouldn't have made a difference I guess.

Sorry about the no show last, got home and spent 3 hours trying to sort out my new broadband connection......

Went from 14Mb download to 3Mb

From 1Mb upload to 0.3Mb

And lastly an average ping of 26.65ms to 60.45ms

Needless to say I would have ruined the games and probably caused more lag for others, by the time I was finished tinkering it was already past 10. The line should settle in the next few days and hopefully should be sorted by next week.

Here's a live view of ping tests, it's actually getting worse....

74db703e6319bb74cfe40f5e4669d047.png

I was having issues with my Sky connection last night as well. It's been playing up since Wednesday. Had terrible lag during the first game and dropped around 60 minutes. Second game wasn't much better.

My router seems to be resetting itself quite a bit.

Yeah sorry about that Pete, should have let it the same really for the second game.

Really encouraging stuff though, in both games we showed we'd be no pushovers.

OK against United we were trounced in practice, but they'll walk the league this season.

No worries Hannay, didn't think about it myself until the game finished!

Finding it a bit of a struggle having a striker and two or more other players tbh, always seemed Robben was a bit far back, behind even the CAM. Not sure whether someone else wants to give the any a go tomorrow or we reckon we'll have a good turnout most weeks?

See what numbers we have before I'll make the call on the any. I may take it.

Everyone here for the first game of the season on Thursday?

Charlie / Gerry can you guys grab game stats incase I totally fluff it, or forget!

I'm in. With practise we could maybe use the CB with the long throw as an asset but, dunno, defensive head says no!

Could we not just slot a CDM into the back line when ever the cb takes a throw? Make sure we have a solid back four the tell the thrower we are ready?

Yes but we'd still be light with midfield cover then; reckon we should just scrap throws and get Gussy to throw it as far behind the goal as possible :lol:

You can press the two bumpers and it'll change the throw in taker but it only works one way I think - it'll only put in a player with the long throw stat not take them away. Are there no other decent CB's?

Normally it's the fullbacks/wide midfielders on the throw ins.

First team I've played in where the CB does it. No need to get shirty about me lobbing it out of the park, I was just learning! :)

The one I did launch into the box looked dangerous likes. I'll just need to "find my radar".

I'm certainly game to give it a go, give me some excitement in my pitch positioning instead of "stay back".