rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hannay

RPL City - Season 22

Can we stop using the cunt word chaps, it's a bit too aggressive for the early afternoon YOU FUCKING COCKMUNCHERS!

• Upvote 1

my fav formation is 4-2-3-1, with the 2 DMCs. BUT it didn;t work at all last season with Wanderers. Happy to give it a shot this week.

Scott, I cannot see a formation on your post :)

my fav formation is 4-2-3-1, with the 2 DMCs. BUT it didn;t work at all last season with Wanderers. Happy to give it a shot this week.

Scott, I cannot see a formation on your post :)

Haha sorry tried to use some emoji symbol should look like this

Lb Cb. Cb. Rb

CDM. .......... CDM.

............. CAM

LW ....................... RW

.............. ST

Might not work at all but just think if the CDMs stay diciplined it will bridge the defence to attack gap and cover the wingers from tracking back.

For what it's worth I thought the "any" 5 at the back looked really effective in short spells - we were well covered and it suited the more defense/attack style of our play so if we are short of players again it's a decent tactic I'd say.

Isn't there a rule about having at least two people in defence to stop teams from going all-AI at the back?

I possibly imagined that, but just giving you a heads up just in case...

Nope. Only rule like that is if there are 5 or less players, at least 2 of them must be 'any' players.

so Town this week, Robben & Schwinstiger injured.

I'll be working off a 4-2-3-1 Formation this week, everyone here this week??

I won't be on tonight for any practice, but can be earlier this week on Thursday.

Quite a few said last week they couldn't make it this week did they not?

Wallace and maybe Pete?

Anyway I should be on, the joys!

I have a work night out but should be back for 10. I'll try and post using my phone if I get delayed for any reason.

Sounds like this work thing is more involved than I thought so unlikely to be on unfortunately. Good luck and I'll be back next week.

Andy

Cheers for the games, City. Shame Pompey dropping interrupted what was becoming a very tense second match!

Would be nice to get a fair few of us and have a praccy before next weeks match as we're really struggling with players just showing for and passing the ball.

I'm not a fan of the 4-2-3-1 formation either as the front man can get isolated but if it's to make us more defensively sound it's not worked although I spose it's just been Gussy holding his own at the back solo for the last couple of weeks.

I had visions last night of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. When we get the ball every other player in our team is like "run away! RUN AWAY!"

In all seriousness if I'm playing in a team where "no one wants to play in defense" and we're in the lobby last night with, what, 7 people on and Hannay asked if anyone wanted to play up front to fucking silence then something is going far wrong.

I had visions last night of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. When we get the ball every other player in our team is like "run away! RUN AWAY!"

In all seriousness if I'm playing in a team where "no one wants to play in defense" and we're in the lobby last night with, what, 7 people on and Hannay asked if anyone wanted to play up front to fucking silence then something is going far wrong.

I thought we were doing okay earlier in the season when we had two strikers and played a diamond, certainly in the preseason cup we looked pretty good but we seem to have regressed a wee bit.

I didn't want to play the lone striker last week as we've been finding it hard to get any decent balls to the front men so thought I could try and help but we didn't get much going at all.