DC Mick (Dante)

DMC Charlie (Javi Martinez)

ML Wallbob (Ribery)

MR Gerry (Muller)

AMC Scott (Schwinstiger)

SC Pete UK (Robben)

SC Hannay (Gomes)

Gustavo & Mandzukic out this week.

I'm taking Gomes purely because I got 2 goals with him in the cup!

It's gonna be 2 tough games tonight guys, lets hope we can improve vastly on past performances. Simple short passing, no Hollywood through balls if can be helped.

Charlie, be a rock. Cover Gus on throws.

Gus, shout at everyone.

New Pete / Andy - stop the crosses and try not to leave it exposed at the back, we will be punished. If you do roam, let Charlie know for covering. You two will be vital tonight.

I'll take the any, in case anyone drops.

Gus, over to you for one of your awesome team talks!

Unlucky last night City, thought you were excellent in game two but the moment we scored (against the run of play) you seemed to collapse. How you didn't score last night jeezy chreezy only knows.

Fucking Gus,

It's all that cunts fault ;)

After united scored we just lost all shape. My ANY Midfielders were covering wing back positions as they were to far forward so when I switched to them and pushed up there were just massive holes everywhere. The CDM kept pushing way up and we got pumped on the break every, single, time.

You'll notice that for the most part united always had at least 4 + CDM back (until there were about 10 up) which meant our counters were mostly neutered. Whereas we always had everyone out of position, either CB too deep or wing backs to far up and CDM not pressing the attackers.

The difference in attack in the second one was I kept the ball moving quickly and my AI players moved into better space than the human controlled versions in game 1 so we stretched them and doubled up on their wingbacks which never happened at all in the first game.

OK..

United had 5 shots on target, got 5 goals. we had 6 shots on target and got 0. (second game)

I'll shuffle it around next week a bit, we have scored 3 goals in 8 games. Conceding 28 at the same time. Gerry No-one is to blame, we just don't look very organised or confident at the moment.

Assuming we get all on:

DR - Andy
DC - Gus
DC - Pete UK
DL - New Pete
DMC - Mick
ML - Wallbob
MR - Charlie
AMC - Scott
SC - Gerry
SC - Hannay
Pete UK, I'm told that you are a rock at the back - gonna test that theory out, putting the "more disciplined than Charlie" Mick in front of the back 4. New Pete, you defend well, so gonna use you at left back, but fight between yourselves "Petes" if you want to swap it around.
Gonna give Charlie a blast on the wing (out of the way ;)) and I think Scott & Wallbob are in their strongest positions. Gerry or Myself will scoop the ANY, assuming someone won't be here.
Gus / Andy - if you want a run out of defence, just say so. Will accommodate that.
Gerry, great ANY play in that second game, seemed to work well. Taking nothing away from Gus taking the defenders, but I think we just don't give Gus enough cover which is why it doesn't work. If we play an ANY at the back, we'll have to do it in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with 2 DMCs sticking to position.
I'm always open to suggestions, if you have any shout. Lets try and put up a fight this season, we showed in that second game how good we can be!
Next game is against Athletic, happy to arrange a practice session if anyone can make it and we can find an opponent.
Oh and if anyone won't be here next week, let me know sooner rather than later so I can work on a masterplan before the game rather than while I'm squad selecting! :lol:

Edit, just to also say, even thought we are getting totally fucking hammered every game, turnout if still good, and we have a laugh, so fuck the results.,

I wasn't blaming anyone in particular, maybe wallbob, but that's it :P

We were all shit in the first game, and again in the 2nd half of the 2nd game. I would focus less on who's playing where and start telling people what you expect them to-do in these positions.

How should the wingbacks play? support attacks or act as additional fullbacks?

Who stays up at the corners vs who stays back ?(hand drawn picture please)

Which area should the CDM operate?

LM/RM when should they attack, when should they hang back? Stick to the wings?

CAM stay central, support wing play, drop deep, stay quite high all the time?

Strikers obviously have to score goals but, play off the last man, drop deep to collect ball, cut backs or crosses

And most importantly don't lose the ball at kick-off or, if it's some Baldrick inspired cunning plan lose the ball.

If we all understand what's we're meant to do it's easier to link up play as we can anticipate what our team mates are going to-do.

I wasn't blaming anyone in particular, maybe wallbob, but that's it :P

We were all shit in the first game, and again in the 2nd half of the 2nd game. I would focus less on who's playing where and start telling people what you expect them to-do in these positions.

How should the wingbacks play? support attacks or act as additional fullbacks?

Who stays up at the corners vs who stays back ?(hand drawn picture please)

Which area should the CDM operate?

LM/RM when should they attack, when should they hang back? Stick to the wings?

CAM stay central, support wing play, drop deep, stay quite high all the time?

Strikers obviously have to score goals but, play off the last man, drop deep to collect ball, cut backs or crosses

And most importantly don't lose the ball at kick-off or, if it's some Baldrick inspired cunning plan lose the ball.

If we all understand what's we're meant to do it's easier to link up play as we can anticipate what our team mates are going to-do.

Back 4 should operate a defensive unit - I know it is boring for the full backs, but my successful season at United proved it works. Stay in line and don't cross the halfway line. Mardigan was very vocal about the line, and kept us in check. We have Gus for that :)

DMC should close down attacking play as it comes towards the back 4, making almost a back 5.

Corners as long as we have cover then the taller guys, including the centre backs, should be up there.

Wingers ML/MR - ideally a bit of cover but they are so fucking weak it may not be worth it. This is why I think the 4-3-3 may work better with the front three staying up top. The three more central mids can cover better than in the 4-1-2-1-2

In the 4-1-2-1-2 the CAM should stay further forward, controlling the play with nice simple passes, and focus to mix it up. In a 4-3-3 then the "CAM" would be one of two MCs that would track back more.

If we went 4-3-3 it would look something like:

DR - Andy - Lahm
DC - Gus - Boatang
DC - Pete UK - Dante
DL - New Pete - Alaba
DMC - Mick - Gustavo
MC - Scott - Schwinstiger
MC - Charlie - Muller
SL - Wallbob - Ribery
SC - Gerry - Mandzukic (Gomes injured this coming week)
SR - Hannay - Robben
4-1-2-1-2
DR - Andy - Lahm
DC - Gus - Boatang
DC - Pete UK - Dante
DL - New Pete - Alaba
DMC - Mick - Gustavo
ML - Wallbob - ribery
MR - Charlie - Muller
AMC - Scott - Schwinstiger
SC - Gerry - Mandzukic (Gomes injured this coming week)
SR - Hannay - Robben

Sounds good,

May I make one suggestion?

Corners

4 players in the box

2 CB

Whoever is the tall ST

Whoever has Muller or the CDM (if he's better in the air)

CAM at edge of 18 yard box

if you're not taking the corner and aren't one of the above go back. Likely LB/RB RS & CDM or RM (depending on best heading/jumping ability.

If you want I'll do a Gladiator esque countdown

Defenders Rrrrrready?

Attackers Rrrrrready?

3.....2.....1 Air horn