RPL Wanderers - Season 22

no mate i like the odd game upfront, but im not really any good.

I was only trying new things out last night, i never slide in BAP thought id give it ago.... doesnt work

I dont like Puyol either, his legs seem to move at 100mph but he moves at 2, and he seems very small i dunno if you (keiths dad) fancies a swap, or just give me Pique for a game

We need to establish an out and out striker, someone whos only job is to stand on the last line of defence and score goals. At the moment me and Shawayne like to come deep to get involved more, which usually ends up with neither of us in a position to score!

It was also getting way to crowded, every midfielder was in or around the edge of the box, it got too busy and didn't give us any room to move or pass, because every pass option was stood right next to you!

Thanks mike. I think that will help. We can swap in about for the last couple of games of te season once we have secured the title with 8 games to play.

Sean & Ricky, if you both like to come deep and get involved, we could also mix it up a bit with one of you taking the CAM allowing you to get involved with the buildup.

And the other would still be able to drop off when needed as we would have a dedicated striker on the last man.

I'm more then happy to take on the dedicatied striker role ;)

Me and Ricky just need to establish who will be sticking up top. We just seem very impatient when the ball is in their half.. We are really panicky as we get closer to their goal and we need to just get the ball to feet instead of launching it up and 'praying' Messi can run on to it.

I'm sure once we are more comfortable with the ball up top we'll be able to cut our way through defences this season. We showed glimpses of what we can do.

p.s - Defenders needs to drop deeper. Stupidly easy how many times one ball over the top got them through last night.

I'm easy will play left or right midfield with intentions of working both up and down,everyone was all over in the first game once we all know we're we are playing if we are disciplined to stay in our areas there should be plenty of space to keep the ball as we panicked and lost it in silly areas lastnight,the second game we were a bit more organised,a solid back four who can get used to the way each other play is essential if we are going to have a crack at winning this! And I think we could as long as tommy stops smoking crack or whatever !

Ok bitches, the line up for tonight is 442 diamond I posted on the first page.

But with me and mike swapping positions.

Sean my comment about swapping the attackers round was more aimed at if you both want to drop off to collect the ball, then by playing one a cam, makes more sense as this is exactly what the cam should be doing.

What options do I have for CDM?

Is there a fast guy with great ball control, a fierce long shot and masses of energy who is also 6'10"?

Oh, and where the hell is the badly drawn corner positions diagram?

What are these corner diagrams? ;)

You can have masch or piqué at a guess at the moment. Possible abidal as well unless tommy 'the lunge' mat wants him.

Also who do the wide players want? We can go with the pace or Pedro and Sanchez or the craft of iniesta and xavi?

Pace on the wings,

We some how need to get some height and strength in the team further forward, is that possible?

I would like to try Masa at the back tonight if thats ok, mike can try Pique, abida, busquetes or song

well played much better these games, annoying the way we conceded the last two goals. but could have been worse.

I'm now tempted for how much Ricky and Sean drop of to pick up the ball and get involved, to go back to a 4-3-3 and put you on the wings.

I didn;t want to go 4-3-3 as i thought we would get bullied in the middle of the park. but I think we need to change something around,.

Puyol felt incredible, so can I keep him week in week out please?

sure

Yeh I'm happy with Sanchez, it was couldn't get the best out of Messi at all!

Still a lot to improve on though, we need to pass the ball so much quicker, at times it was like the old days where people just run into a player and lose the ball.