RPL Wanderers - Season 22

I think you should pick a formation you want us to play with Mattie and then we'll work towards that.

Realistically, we're gonna concede goals this season. Probably lots of them. Our defence is generally going to be chewed up by the big, strong Ronalbrovic's of the other teams and we're gonna have to stop it at source (ie don't let them get crosses in).

What we need to do is make sure we score goals ourselves. We're not exactly looking too dangerous at the moment, mainly because we're not getting the ball to the guys who can put it in the net. The 'OMG I've crossed the half-way line so I need to play a long through ball NOW!' moves are not really helping that too much.

We played well at times last night, mainly when we did the basic stuff that everyone knows we should do. Simple passing to people in space, coveting possession and not trying to beat a man for no reward (what I mean by that is that a midfielder trying to trick his way past an opponent is risky when there are safer options on. It's fine for that in the final third when pulling it off will result in a chance.. but doing it in the middle of the park won't actually give the team any real benefit).

I don't think any central position really works well for the 'any'. The CAM wasn't a pivotal player in the games. He should be pulling the strings in the midfield, dropping deep to get the ball and ultimately providing the attackers with decent goal scoring opportunities. I honestly think that Ricky is the best player for that position in the team as he seems most comfortable on the ball and not likely to 'panic punt' or run headlong into the nearest defender.

We've got the tools, we just need to use them correctly (which is the holy grail of the BAP league!).

Some good points there Mike.

I'd also like to add that making yourself available for the simple pass is something we can work on. Short passing is how Barcelona thrives, working the ball in triangles and all that jazz. If everyone is bombing forward making runs then we don't have much option other than to punt upfield/try a long through-ball.

We should be looking to play to feet and work the ball forwards with short, snappy passing. Or we could always stick Pique up front.

Alright, bitches!

i'll be on for 9 as well.

Plan for tonight providing we are only missing Sean and Tommy, is to look at moving tCharlie to CB, then move meerkat up front for this week with ricky taking the CAM. eveyone else as you where :)

so.

110713145104.png

Only thing I might change is the ANY from the LB to CB depending on how the practise games go.

What an absolute fucking shambles that was. The first game was bad enough with all the restarts, but that second game was a travesty. For what it's worth, I personally think it would have been right to restart at 2-1, and let it serve as a lesson to everyone to let the team suffering a drop sort it out in terms of getting the match abandoned. That's not to say I'd have been happy about it, however. It was completely unsportsmanlike to carry on when it was blatantly obvious, after two fluffed goal kicks, that something wasn't right with our any, particularly as we were quick to put the ball into touch after City's keeper fumbled a clearance to Trevski earlier in the evening. Whilst I perhaps wouldn't go as far as Ricky's strongly worded protest after the fact, it's left a sour taste in my mouth, and honestly I'd prefer the match didn't count at all, with all it's fucking restarts and disallowed goals, even though we did get the win. Is there any precedence for a replay, or have we just got to stick it at this point?

Away from the unpleasantness though, we looked decent tonight, and certainly a lot better than we had done previously. Once we stopped lumping through balls to the strikers at every opportunity and played a possession game, we were in control, so more of that please.

Sorry for ruining every ones Thursday night Bapness guys, not the best start to a managerial career i'll admit,

I genuinely thought the Hannay's dropped comment was a comment about the need for a restart just the way it came though at the goal kick blurted out as if to get the point across while they could.

Next time it will be all business and playing to the whistle.

4 points but not sure hwo to feel about it what with all the restarts.

Strange that me and Hannay both got the unable to invite anyone who was in the party to a game glitch.

Hey there was no unpleasantness on our side with a lot of the restarts and stuff as we made a laugh of it, fifa was being fifa.

The "stopping play" restart was just a bit wtf really however you did it with good intentions mattie.

I think everyone was just at the "please just get the games finished" stage by then.

Perhaps unpleasantness wasn't the right word - as you said, the second restart was met with good grace by most, and Hannay and humdrum were quick to come to agreement after the goal, which could have taken much longer. I was mostly referring to the time it took to play the game, which is just one of those things really, not much could have been done about that.

What an absolute fucking shambles that was. The first game was bad enough with all the restarts, but that second game was a travesty. For what it's worth, I personally think it would have been right to restart at 2-1, and let it serve as a lesson to everyone to let the team suffering a drop sort it out in terms of getting the match abandoned. That's not to say I'd have been happy about it, however. It was completely unsportsmanlike to carry on when it was blatantly obvious, after two fluffed goal kicks, that something wasn't right with our any, particularly as we were quick to put the ball into touch after City's keeper fumbled a clearance to Trevski earlier in the evening. Whilst I perhaps wouldn't go as far as Ricky's strongly worded protest after the fact, it's left a sour taste in my mouth, and honestly I'd prefer the match didn't count at all, with all it's fucking restarts and disallowed goals, even though we did get the win. Is there any precedence for a replay, or have we just got to stick it at this point?

Away from the unpleasantness though, we looked decent tonight, and certainly a lot better than we had done previously. Once we stopped lumping through balls to the strikers at every opportunity and played a possession game, we were in control, so more of that please.

Steady on Mr Man,

We just thought you guys were time wasting again ;), we thought your Any had dropped and fully expected a restart. When Wallace scored there was nothing to suggest anyone from your team wasn't playing, as in it wasn't as if we were running past uncontrolled players, although Wallace did skin someone.......

To be unsportsmanlike we would have had of known Mattie was dicking about with messages. As I said we were fully expecting a restart anyway so we were playing on until we got the invite from Hannah.

Now we find out it put Ricky in a Cream puff :lol: