IGNORED

Ryan Davis has died.

Kayin Amoh

Fucking hell I still can not comprehend. As far as internet personalities/celebrities go, he was the man and made our medium even more entertaining. A GB without Ryan? wtf?

Agreed with that one. I'd imagine quite a few people are wondering where GB will go without Ryan. It will certainly never be the same.

Really sad news. Condolences to his wife, family and friends. I had starting listening to GB podcasts for my commute to and from work and always felt that he was such a great personality and brought a genuine passion to video games.

Whenever I see a 'someone's died' thread on RLLMUK, I always empathise, but never feel the need to post. This is different though, as someone has already said about the drive to work on a Wednesday, it was always a great listen, and Ryan was the main reason.

Fuck

:'(

I think this hits harder than other celebrity deaths because (apart from the extra tragic circumstances of his young age and being on honeymoon) podcasts are a strangely personal experience compared to movies and TV. The best of them you almost feel like you're in the room with them.

Absolutely stunned by this. I saw him twice this year, at PAX East and again at E3, and wanted to introduce myself but both times he was too far away and I had somewhere to be.

It hadn't really occurred to me before but you really feel like you know people through their podcasts. I've been listening to the Bombcast, on and off, for half a decade. All those commutes and long journeys. I painted a couple of rooms to their game of the year shows one year. It becomes part of your routine, of your life. "Hey everyone, it's Tuesday."

I feel like what Giant Bomb does is the last great example of the sort of meet-the-team, personality-led games coverage we all grew up with. And that's never going to be the same again, really. Certainly I can't imagine listening to the next podcast. I imagine those guys can't imagine recording it.

RIP, big man.

What the fuck?!

That's the worst news, just the worst. I love Ryan, he's a lovely cuddly bloke with a really great personality. Or he was, I suppose. What. The. Fuck. Is this real or a terrible joke?!

Wow. Absolutely knocked for six over this. Just so, so sad.

Harsin and Nate Dogg are so right; listening to people like Ryan every week for years on podcasts makes you feel closer to them, so their loss hurts just that bit more.

Really, truly, sad. That next Bombcast is going to be a tough listen.

Is this real or a terrible joke?!

It's real. I thought it was a 'ha ha, he's married and beyond our reach now' gag at first, then I read through the text and... yeah, my heart sank pretty God damned fast.

Most celebrity deaths I shrug off, but I'm a pretty frequent listener of the Bombcast and Ryan was just a great fluffy bundle of exuberance at all times. Even coming from someone who's never met him in person, he was a pretty special personality with an amazing sense of humour.

It does seem so bizarre how sudden it was - and I noticed that posts are being deleted on the giant bomb forums, so I do wonder if there's something else going on. Unfortunately I think I'm just hoping it's some bad joke instead of facing the reality :(

Giant Bombcast, and Ryan, was awesome. It won't be the same anymore and part of me wonders if they'll even stop it. If not forever then at least a while.

Do we know what happened at all? Knew about the guy but don't listen to podcasts myself. Still when I did watch GiantBomb's videos he always seemed to be the best of them.

He was, there was something genuinely warm about him that most adult game folk don't have because they grew up being defensive about their hobby. Ryan was just a big old ball of fun.

xMzjMEH.png

Fucking twitter.

There's no getting around it that Ryan was a big guy but regardless of what happened it's a big loss. It could have been something else completely random though. People are just generally automatically assuming it was a heart attack due to his size.

Still no age to go though :(

Do we know what happened at all? Knew about the guy but don't listen to podcasts myself. Still when I did watch GiantBomb's videos he always seemed to be the best of them.

We don't but his wife tweeted this on the day he passed away.

Sending my big bro over to wake @taswell up...

No doubt how he died will emerge in time but right now, I'm sure most are too stunned and reeling at the monumental loss the video gaming community has just suffered to give a damn about the details. He is irreplaceable and will be truly missed.