Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014

Smoothy

No one gets the captain right every week. 4 points on a captain is just standard from time to time. More annoying for me are the lousy yellow cards that players like Ross Barkley seem to continuously collect.

Mistakes this week were opting to buy Southampton's 3rd choice keeper instead of Crystal Palace's keeper as a sub for injured Boruc. Also choosing to play Walcott again, or even buying him when I could have got Hazard, who i now can't afford...benched Coleman and Pozeulo...ended on 96, would have broke 100 had i done all those things, I've never got over 100. Walcott was even my vice captain. How agonising it would have been to have him as captain, Suarez vice captain and watch him come on for twenty minutes and 2 points...

Obviously Suarez happiness but i won't get the chance for such a high score for a while...until the next Liverpool vs Norwich game anyway...

I spent 4 to get Rooney in, and benched Jagielka (who's going to end up with 9 points), I really should have had more faith in Everton, they've been excellent this season. Suarez as captain and Yaya were my only saving graces really. Should end up with about 80 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I am sitting in 6th, i was actually 2nd before this weekend, and doing alright in terms of winning this thang, my recent transfers have been quite unlucky injury wise. I took an 8 point hit to get Augero this weekend.

Augero injured (after 1 game!)

Begovic was reported injured immediately after i put him in although he did play. But as i had Boruc as my other it forced me to bring in Ruddy as i didn't want to have no fit keeper for a weekend

Nastasic injured (after 1 game!)

Rafael injured (after 1 game!)

Enrique injured (in training before the game!)

Van Persie injured (got 1 or 2 good games from him but not worth the £14m)

Also both Foster and Boruc my starting keepers both horribly injured with long termers.

I'm not actually sure how i'm doing so good considering all these injuries.

Funny, i got the same score as last gameweek, 64. Both times i captained suarez. Last week he got me 32 points. This week he got 2 points. Last week i dropped 25 thousand places. This week i went up 35 thousand places.

Also last week I had Coutinho as I had every other week...and finally i gave up hoping he'd learn how to shoot and stop taunting everyone. Then he nicks the ball off Sterling and scores from a tight angle. He probably should have done better for the second chance as well.

Not sure what to do about Ramsey. He's valued at £7.4m but I can only sell him for £6.7m - that's a huge difference and I won't be able to buy him back if I do sell him. Plus, who do I get for that money? It's a hit on my points each week, especially as I've had to get in some utterly shit subs in order to afford Aguerro, who got injured that very week and thus another round of shit was drafted in to enable me to get Suarez.

Not sure what to do about Ramsey. He's valued at £7.4m but I can only sell him for £6.7m - that's a huge difference and I won't be able to buy him back if I do sell him. Plus, who do I get for that money? It's a hit on my points each week, especially as I've had to get in some utterly shit subs in order to afford Aguerro, who got injured that very week and thus another round of shit was drafted in to enable me to get Suarez.

Remember his value will drop while people transfer him out, so in a way you're best selling him now and when you buy him back he might be 0.5m cheaper anyway. He's already dropped 0.2m.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm up to second place now. Big call for Hazard captain yesterday for me

Sterling off the bench I too see - not a bad week!

After my worst start ever (1.2mil overall in week 11) I've clawed my way back to the rllmuk top 10, although given the gap to the top I suspect that's going to be the limit of my ambitions. I'll win this bloody thing one day.