Dota 2 Reborn. Source 2 is here!

Moz

FYI - the guys who want an invite, please add me to your friends list (see profile in my sig). Right now I'm sending guild invites to anyone who adds me. If you just give your name in the thread, I'll do my best to get you added but the whole thing is bugging like crazy right now.

I love that people have responded well to the thread, I thought it would sink to page five within an hour, with one comment of "FFS UNINSTALL DOTA MOZ"

If you want to join the guild:

Add me on Steam (profile in sig) and I'll send the guild invite. Some invites are failing and others are working first time. If you've added me to friends and haven't had a guild invite, PM me and I'll resend it.

I've cancelled and resent all the current invites. I've made all the current members able to send invites too.

Nskd4fq.png

Not pictured is PK. Jonster is also on there twice for some reason. It's a bit broken :lol:

I've played two of the tutorial games against real people now, both losses, both matches a player on my team has D/C'd or quit early on. Even still both games lasted about 35 minutes, which is a bit of a bollocks when you know you're going to lose. It might just be because they're tutorial matches, but there's basically no communication at all. I try and say when I need help but it hasn't yet resulted in anyone actually backing me up.

Overall though I'd say I enjoyed both matches, it'd just be nice if people didn't quit out. I've looked up some info on good beginner heroes to try as I couldn't get Sniper so I played as Vengeful Spirit on a whim and quite liked it, the ability to boost the creeps was pretty ace as it meant I could control a lane fairly easily on my own; at least until someone flanked me and I got shot in the ass.

I've played two of the tutorial games against real people now, both losses, both matches a player on my team has D/C'd or quit early on. Even still both games lasted about 35 minutes, which is a bit of a bollocks when you know you're going to lose. It might just be because they're tutorial matches, but there's basically no communication at all. I try and say when I need help but it hasn't yet resulted in anyone actually backing me up.

Overall though I'd say I enjoyed both matches, it'd just be nice if people didn't quit out. I've looked up some info on good beginner heroes to try as I couldn't get Sniper so I played as Vengeful Spirit on a whim and quite liked it, the ability to boost the creeps was pretty ace as it meant I could control a lane fairly easily on my own; at least until someone flanked me and I got shot in the ass.

You will lose half the time on the best days, so just try to relax and learn from it. If someone quits out, you can also abandon the game without penalty once they've been gone for five minutes.

Gamespot review:

Questions...

I am only at the 2 tower and bot matches in the tutorial but a few things...

The shops, so if you follow the build guides it's got starter items, mid game and a few other panels. So you grab all the starter items which fills up your inventory what I want to know is when do you start buying the other stuff, as soon as you have the money? Or once you have used the consumables? A lot of the builds start you of with 3 of those stat boosting bundles of twigs, do I just sell these to make space for better upgrades?

The range characters seem easier than the melee at the mo, with melee I always seem to get targeted by the towers and die, is destroying the towers just a matter of whacking it and hoping you don't die first or running off to heal or wait for more creeps?

I am guessing this sort of gameplay will become more apparent when playing proper team matches.

Iron branches are key components in a couple of bigger items, like the magic wand (which is a magic stick, three branches, and a recipe). If you upgrade your branches into a magic wand you'll free up inventory space right there. Building a full Mekansm also takes up two branches and that's a common support item (it has a +armour aura and an activated heal of everyone near you) so that can also use up branches, but sometimes you will just sell them to make room. The general idea with starting items is that you'll burn through your health and mana regen consumables before laning is over, and that'll open up slots for you. You'll almost never want to keep buying regen consumables throughout the game - especially not tangos because they become inefficient as fuck after the first ten minutes or so.

Early on a tower will beat you one on one, and will do significant damage a good chunk of the way through the game. The way to take towers down is to push with the creep wave and let the creep wave beat on the tower. As long as there are creeps hitting the tower you're safe to join in whaling on it but you should back off before the last creep dies because the tower will switch to attacking you instead. Similarly, if a new enemy creep wave shows up and your creeps switch focus to them instead of the tower, you'll be the only one attacking the tower and it'll switch focus to you. So only hit towers when your creeps are hitting them, as a general rule.

A few characters have abilities that can damage towers, such as Sniper's Shrapnel or Pugna's Nether Blast or Leshrac's Diabolic Edict.

Ha, great name. Add me to friends (profile in the bottom) and I'll send an invite.

Anyone in the guild can invite other members now too.

Every time I fire up Dota, I send a guild invite to all my pending friend requests and then accept the request. Sending me a friend request is the quickest way to get an invite, other than PMing someone in the guild who is currently playing. But I don't think you can view who's in the guild until you get an invite, so it's a bit of a pain.

I can tell you there are 9 members and about 20 pending invites at the moment.

Also, come hang out in the RLLMUK chat channel. In your chat window, click on the "+" to add a channel. Then, in the search box, type "rllmuk". Then click on the channel to add it. It will then automatically re-appear when you log in.

Just had my first win in the humans vs humans training match. Was my third match and I was the icy bow lady. She starts off weak but once you level up she is a one woman killing machine. I ended up with 19 kills with the second nearest being on 6 :lol:

Just had my first win in the humans vs humans training match. Was my third match and I was the icy bow lady. She starts off weak but once you level up she is a one woman killing machine. I ended up with 19 kills with the second nearest being on 6 :lol:

Ha! I was in the same match! I was the Warlock on your team, you played a hell of a game, though they obviously had either a brand new or very drunk player on their side. 18 deaths :o

I don't know if it's the right thing to do as a Warlock but I'm tending to use my second ability to heal as much as I am to attack is this the right thing to do? I'd say I'm taking a supporting role in that I'm assisting other players and helping to take towers but not focusing so much on getting kills, but maybe support in the context of Dota means something different.

It's a pretty wimpy heal - the cost of having an amazing ultimate. You're totally right though, kills don't really mean anything to someone like warlock, focus on getting your carries as levelled up as possible. Merely by being stood near them as they get kills, you'll get XP and gold.

I've resent a bunch more invites - Motivater and tyagi have had theirs fives times for instance :lol:

It seems to work best when both of us have the game client open, so PM me when we're both in-game and we'll try it there. I've sent about 40 now, and only 9 people have accepted :(