IGNORED

Dota 2 Reborn. Source 2 is here!

Moz

Things to remember #26: don't try to do something while teleporting, thus cancelling the teleport, and having to do the walk of shame to your intended location instead. Let it go or shift-queue first.

Anway, I'm liking this new All-Hero Challenge they've introduce in the new update: complete every hero at once in a set random order. It's a good excuse as any to play those heroes I've avoided up till now in a disciplined way. It's going to take a long, long time for me, though.

On the other hand, I'm not quite sure about this Assured Victory Shout, which allows you to announce your prediction that you're going to win the match. You then get points depending on how many you get right in a row. It's just for fun, but it seems if you're going in to a game predicting anything other than you're going to win, you've probably not got the right attitude. Unless you're playing 5 supports against 5 pub stompers or something, always go in positive.

Things to remember #26: don't try to do something while teleporting, thus cancelling the teleport, and having to do the walk of shame to your intended location instead. Let it go or shift-queue first.

There's an option in the settings now for 'Teleport Requires Stop', which makes it so that you have to press 'S' to cancel a TP. It gives you a bit more freedom when shift-queueing commands to happen after the TP too - with it off, if you shift-queue a Blink Ravage to happen after your TP finishes, you're committed to that unless you cancel the TP, but with it on you can just right-click somewhere to overwrite the shift-queue with a move command.

The All-Hero Challenge hasn't been too unkind to me so far - I've completed Bane and Enigma, and I've got Dragon Knight and Viper as the next two. I quite like the arbitrary direction it provides, I'm the worst at deciding on a hero to play in All Pick.

There's an option in the settings now for 'Teleport Requires Stop', which makes it so that you have to press 'S' to cancel a TP.

I saw that. Somehow I thought that meant you have to stop before you perform a teleport, which doesn't make sense now I come to think about it as you do that anyway. I'll try it out tonight.

Riki: Permanent Invisibility is now a basic ability

Uh-oh.

Permanent Invisibility fade delay from 3/2/1 to 8/6/4/2

Well, that's something.

The bounty rune sounds interesting. I generally ignore runes unless I'm using bottles (which I don't that often right now). I can see this leading to some changes in tactics to grab these first, though.

This patch is just massive. I found myself saying 'wow' so many times reading through.

Best one for me is that axe is back. The RNG change in the last patch ruined him even though in theory it should have buffed him.

Now his counter helix will proc 6 times compared to 5 previously. Vanguard can now be built into crimson guard to buff him and the team into late game and he can also viably build soul ring early (for early game harass) into bloodstone in mid game.

However the biggest hero change is bloodseeker who I now think will be played as a roaming support due to the power of his new q and w. Combined with his ult to lock people in place, be silenced and take bonus damage.

A q buffed tiny with io up against a w silenced team will destroy the opposition in seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you all go and rate my Dark Seer emote please, love to get it in the game...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=318157723

I'm liking your NP one :D

WY3wLxY.gif

The new changes to Riki's Blink Strike are brilliant. He has so much mobility now. I hadn't played in about one and a half months and got straight back into it with a Skywrath win and a Riki RAMPAGE!!!

• 2 months later...

So, I've been learning Broodmother for the last couple of days as it was my a to z hero and i've not played her much before. I was really struggling against the Unfair AI but getting the basics of her right. Anyway, decided I was ready for a real match just now and won at a canter. People just don't seem to know how to handle her. I played solo safe lane (after being booted out of offlane by omni and pa) and they kept rotating people to shut me down which worked a couple of times but was making space for the rest of the team. We ended up at their t3s within 15 minutes and won with all rax down in 23 minutes:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1117743215

Brood is stupidly strong at pushing early if the opposition doesn't have any serious aoe or de-push. They has silencer, drow, wraith king, ogre magi and mirana, hence absolutely nothing to stop us pushing their towers one after the other.

There is a guild thing. Not sure if I can add you.

Does anyone play together in that? I'm in there but it hardly seems buzzing. I don't think I've used it since I first joined, although that could just be me.

I was thinking of checking out the RPS or Crate and Crowbar guilds, or maybe PCG. Anyone got any experience with them? Or are there any other semi-popular places for decent casual team-play?

• 1 month later...

The new Secret and EG rosters are looking strong so far but it's yet another Dota 2 tournament with more than few technical issues and pauses. Say what you want about League but Riot's production standards are through the roof compared to Dota.

I expected it to be much worse given that it's in China and on the Perfect World servers, honestly. I only noticed a few brief pauses for lag on the first two days, though I caught the end of the hour-long pause this morning. It's a shame that they can't play the games under actual LAN conditions due to the way that DotaTV and remote casters (BTS are still in LA) work, it would be nice if that gets sorted out for LANs other than TI.