IGNORED

Characters you cant stand in otherwise good shows.

McFly

Phoebe in Friends is number 1 for me, by miles. It was bad enough with her kooky stupid songs and pseudo-hippy bullshit in the beginning, then about season 5 she turned into some sort of daft tart and somehow became even more annoying and superfluous.

The worst thing about Phoebe is that episode where she's got a lost cat and thinks her mum's in its brain or something endearingly kooky. Ross wants the cat to go back to the little girl who owns it, and he's presented as the heartless bastard. Fuck Phoebe.

Christopher Moltisanti in The Sopranos. I understand his role in the show and appreciate how well his character is written but, man, did he irritate the ever loving piss out of me.

That episode in season 2 where Jon Favreau's playing himself and Christopher's trying to get into the movies? I had to take a break from the show for a month or so after that one because he annoyed me so much.

Honourable mention to Brenda's musician boyfriend in the later seasons of Six Feet Under. Another case of a believable, rounded character who pissed me off every time they opened their mouth.

Marshall in How I Met Your Mother. Incredibly annoying compared to how much fun he was in earlier series, not helped by Jason Segal blatantly reading his lines off the set in the latest series when he clearly cannot be bothered anymore.

Any other Daphane's relatives in Frasier (especially the mother who became a recurring character only to be shuffled off eventually)

Also...oh god...I can't recall her name but the trashy Blonde from Frasier's high school he used to have a crush on, but then became his (girl)friend in later life? Lana? And then her son.

I think both the above are S7 and S8 when the writers were obviously trying to build on their supporting cast (who up to that point had been solid)

My obligatory Twin Peaks post: when Windom Earle, Annie Blackburn and Evelyn Marsh turn up you know you're about at the point where you're re-watching just to get to the last episode.

Probably more controversially I find the guy who plays Steve Gomez in Breaking Bad wooden as fuck which kinda grates when the standard from the other regular cast members is so high. I'm aware that's more the actor than the actual character though. Unless the character's somehow meant to be wooden, in which case I'll look very silly indeed.

Christopher Moltisanti in The Sopranos. I understand his role in the show and appreciate how well his character is written but, man, did he irritate the ever loving piss out of me.

He's one of the best things about the show! If you'd said Tony's sister Janice then I'd agree.

actually can't think of a character, even a minor one, who isn't interesting in The Sopranos. definitely Skylar in Breaking Bad but she's got a tough role: shrill and disapproving. that said, she's basically Carmella Soprano and Carmella could be as scary as Tony at times.

Not a tv show per se but any twit tv podcast with Sarah Lane speaking just infuriates me. She has a voice that makes me reach for the off button in Downcast immediately.

Which is a double shame as I think I'd enjoy iPad today or whatever it's called and i would flipping love TNT as Tom Merritt is a hugely engaging speaker. Sarah Lane isn't... So the show is a no go area for me :(

And it's not a women in tech thing- Molly Wood is amazing. The polar opposite of Lane.

Relevant to me this thread as Ive been watching season 1 of Prison Break and cant stand Robin Tunney who plays Veronica, a completely lifeless character devoid of any personality, her monotonous voice is boring as anything.

Currently re-watching the West Wing, and Mandy (series 1) was awful. I think she just had crap scripts and scenes, not really the actress playing her fault. But she was topped off by Amy Gardner (Mary Louise Parker) who I just want to punch every time I saw her on the screen.

Ted Mosbey is HIMYM, fuck me he's a whinging little bitch. Always moaning about how he can't find his one true love and then deciding every other season that he loves Robin. Then hes always throwing out these big speeches about life and love like he's some profound visionary. Also who the fuck sits down and tells their kids about all the woman they banged before meeting their mum.

He's one of the best things about the show! If you'd said Tony's sister Janice then I'd agree.

Wrong.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/234657-characters-you-love-to-hate/

Can't believe I wrote that 3 years ago.

Anyway, my girlfriend's gotten me into Breaking Bad recently so I've been playing catch up. I think I hate almost everyone in that show for one reason or another. Skyler, Marie, Walt "tell me about that case that's dangerously close to my dad uncle Hank, for no reason at all" Jr. Skyler. Walt and Jessie when they continuously talk over each other, or interrupt when the other is desperately trying to tell them something mega important. All the time. Skyler.

Ok, I hate the family. The rest are golden.

. Top gear is probably the most oestrogen infused show ever to grace our screens. And it's less about the cars, and more about why there are more men with capable (in ways of love) breasts, and why do they all seem to watch this show.

"Clarkson and Piers Morgans handsome cousin, enjoying pleasure of hazel eyed car-nymph, moans and sounds of flesh caress burdened testicles." Is something the average fan of Top Gear might mastuarbte to, and tbh that's cool if you're into that sort of thing.

Michael Rapaport has a gift for being utterly hateful in just about every show or film I've ever seen him in.

His stint as Phoebe's boyfriend in Friends? Garbage.

Recurring role in My Name Is Earl? Worse than any of the coma dream nonsense.

Roles in The 6th Day and Deep Blue Sea? Outshines all others by being the shittiest part of pretty shitty films.

One time I even saw an episode of The War At Home, which may just be the worst program I have ever watched.