IGNORED

Characters you cant stand in otherwise good shows.

McFly

As far as I'm concerned there were no really annoying characters in season 1-4 of the West Wing. Josh's intern/assistant guy (Ryan?) from season 5 was irritating as fuck, though.

Who are the annoying characters from season 5 onwards? (I'm assuming you mean there's someone other than Ryan, who didn't bother me).

I think Mandy is the only one I couldn't stand. I'm quite sure I'd feel very differently about the West Wing if she'd been in it the whole way.

Who are the annoying characters from season 5 onwards? (I'm assuming you mean there's someone other than Ryan, who didn't bother me).

I think Mandy is the only one I couldn't stand. I'm quite sure I'd feel very differently about the West Wing if she'd been in it the whole way.

Will is annoying when he's working for Russell, Toby is annoying in season 7...I would say generally the whole show has gone downhill by season 5, and season 6 and 7 are only interesting in that they show the inner workings of a general election campaign. It's not really The West Wing any more at that point.

I liked Mandy...not at the beginning, but after she started working for the White House she was fine. That said, the first time I watched it it took me a while to notice she was gone in season 2.

Ted Mosbey is HIMYM, fuck me he's a whinging little bitch. Always moaning about how he can't find his one true love and then deciding every other season that he loves Robin. Then hes always throwing out these big speeches about life and love like he's some profound visionary. Also who the fuck sits down and tells their kids about all the woman they banged before meeting their mum.

i watch the shit out of HIMYM because it's soft gentle comedy with a romantic bent and characters i'd like to be friends with, but i remember for the first few episodes thinking Ted is one of the least sympathetic leads in a sitcom i've ever seen. i kind of like that though, because quite often he's a proper arrogant knob end, and can't we all be?

as a show it's so formulaic and derivative. it shouldn't be as endearing as it is. casting NPH as a womaniser is inspired though.

Michael Rapaport has a gift for being utterly hateful in just about every show or film I've ever seen him in.

His stint as Phoebe's boyfriend in Friends? Garbage.

Recurring role in My Name Is Earl? Worse than any of the coma dream nonsense.

Roles in The 6th Day and Deep Blue Sea? Outshines all others by being the shittiest part of pretty shitty films.

One time I even saw an episode of The War At Home, which may just be the worst program I have ever watched.

What? I love that guy!

" All I've got is .... Fuckin' Floyd!"

Will is annoying when he's working for Russell, Toby is annoying in season 7...I would say generally the whole show has gone downhill by season 5, and season 6 and 7 are only interesting in that they show the inner workings of a general election campaign. It's not really The West Wing any more at that point.

I liked Mandy...not at the beginning, but after she started working for the White House she was fine. That said, the first time I watched it it took me a while to notice she was gone in season 2.

Season 5 is pretty weak by the show's own standards, but I do think it finds its stride again in 6 and especially 7. Though, again you're right that it's not quite the same show as at the start. I still love the last season though.

Will and Toby are a bit annoying in those seasons, true, but not enough to make you hate them, for me at least. Toby had built up enough love from me already by that point, so he could have gotten away with murder. Richard Schiff didn't like his storyline at the end, so maybe it's not really the same Toby anyway.

i watch the shit out of HIMYM because it's soft gentle comedy with a romantic bent and characters i'd like to be friends with, but i remember for the first few episodes thinking Ted is one of the least sympathetic leads in a sitcom i've ever seen. i kind of like that though, because quite often he's a proper arrogant knob end, and can't we all be?

as a show it's so formulaic and derivative. it shouldn't be as endearing as it is. casting NPH as a womaniser is inspired though.

Yeah i didnt like it at all, when i first watched it but it really grew on me. But then i also love Alyson Hannigan.

Speaking of which (or should that be witch? lulz!) I'm gonna add Anya from Buffy in there aswell, she may be sexy but shes bland and annoying at times.

Whoever said Chris from Sopranos is clearly a bit mental.

Artie Bucco is one of my favorite Sopranos character's, I like how he's just doing his thing in the background and often gets sucked in to what's happening or thinks how great it would be if he gets in with Tony (while his sensible and hot wife knows exactly what would happen) Peggy Hill is the best response in this thread, a terrible but necessary character. I actually like Janice in Sopranos, entertaining if nothing else.

I think Lisa's a pretty good character, but Lisa episodes are the fucking pits.

Reminds me of that bit in Family Guy where Peter looks at the camera-

"That’s right folks it’s going to be a Meg episode. Stick around for the fun. (Pulls out a remote control) There’s the clicker. No one’d blame you...”

To start with I thought he was alright but the most recent series he's just become a massive dick. The biggest thing that pissed me off was how he ran off with someones bride AFTER he'd had that happen to him in the past. Shallow fuck.

All the characters in Friends are great. Phoebe is as equally well written as the others.

Whilst that may be true, well written doesn't mean the character is actually any good. I'd agree with Phoebe being rather annoying; a lot of her comedy came from her saying something completely out of place; similar to people who think they're funny if they say random things (and point out that what was said was "Random!"). She also doesn't naturally fit in with the group, who are quite self-involved and materialistic, so again her value was derived in large part because she was the outsider the audience could laugh at for not being like them.

Friends is fabulous in the main though, and as part of the overall dynamic she works - but episodes and plotlines that heavily featured her were some of the weaker stories (though Chandler and Monica's courtship and marriage was probably the worst overall).

Anyway, I'd put out a suggestion for Rachel in Suits. Whereas all the other women in that are generally strong individuals who have some depth, Rachel is purely the will she/won't she focus for Mike. She doesn't really have a personality and is entirely one-dimensional.

Lost has a few candidates; Charlie, Hurley, Kate...the Australian girl who had the kid (so dull I can't even be bothered to look up her character's name) - their episodes were some of the dullest for me.

Dexter from Dexter.

Brilliant character to start but after 5 seasons and still harping on and repeating the same old exposition - it makes me cringe now every time he talks about Harry, the code or his "dark-passenger".

I'm in agreement with Kim Bauer (nice to look at but you just know that as soon as ANYONE tells her a secret and that she should not tell anyone, within 3 minutes everyone knows about it). Jack's wife was irritating too, i was so happy that she died..

Phoebe is my most hated friends character but then most of the girls don't sit right with me.

Prison Break... To be fair, in seasons 1 and 2, pretty much every character did their job well but I will always hate the frontline cast of Sarah, Michael and Lincoln. My favourites are Alex Mahone, T-Bag, C Note, Sucre, Bellich (or Bellend as I like to call him) and John Abruzzi.

Dom in Entourage was shit and they made a good move chucking him out. He just ruined the show pretty much.

Grandad in Only Fools and Horses... He was so whiney. Uncle Albert was far better and brought a different dynamic to the team.

And yeah, I wouldn't cry if they killed off the whole cast of how I met your mother.... Excluding Barney of course.