rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Fox

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Well the reports from the early screenings weren't favourable. Lets see how much of the media 'jump' (get paid to be on) the hype train.

18 hours ago, Hexx said:

Would that give pretty much everyone nearby lead poisoning as they inhaled it?

Not if... they held their breath!

When I think about all the shit that's meant to go down in this film, and all the characters that need to be introduced, I'm thinking that it'll have the same problem as Age of Ultron but tenfold. It'll be far too busy and constantly zipping between characters and sub-plots too fast for the viewer to keep up.

21 hours ago, Philly said:

Maybe the smoke bomb is some kind of lead based gas?  Is that even possible. I'm no scientist. 

20 hours ago, Hexx said:

Would that give pretty much everyone nearby lead poisoning as they inhaled it?

Lead boils at 1749 °C so if you inhaled it you'd have more problems than lead poisoning.

• Upvote 6

Well I assumed it was little particles of lead suspend in some other gas rather than lead in gas form.

Given Batman's tactical "genius" on display, you might be right? :)

• Upvote 2

(I wasn't being wholly serious. Obviously. But I would like the conclusion of the film to be that Doomsday is killed by an over-efficient smoke bomb.)

• Upvote 2

On 3 March 2016 at 3:54 PM, Vinz Clortho said:

Ever since 300 it's been apparent that Zack Snyder is one of those terrible right-wing 'Political Correctness has gone mad', bro-fisting, militaristic US exceptionalists, it comes through in all of his terrible, terrible movies.

Some of that point of view probably helped with Watchmen and now with Batman (at least, the 'world has gone too soft' bit).

2 hours ago, Jammy said:

Some of that point of view probably helped with Watchmen and now with Batman (at least, the 'world has gone too soft' bit).

Having met Snyder, I don't think he really is like that, he's more like a tone deaf 14 year old boy obsessed with what's cool. Frank Millar IS like that though, and it's probably his voice that's coming through there. 

• Upvote 2

Been reading All Star Superman again. I wish the film version was more like the Superman in that, rather than the mopey fucker from Man of Steel.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

Been reading All Star Superman again. I wish the film version was more like the Superman in that, rather than the mopey fucker from Man of Steel.

It would make a fucking amazing film, they should have got Grant Morrison to write the story or at least go through this script and make some suggestions on how Superman should be.  There are not many people in this world that knows Superman any better than Mr Morrison,

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it doesn't even have to pull any of the plot lines from All Star, just something that puts Morrison's version of the character into a new story. It would have been fantastic. Supes should be big, bold, positive, and someone who really cares. Without all of the crappy angst. Save the angst for Batman, that's his thing. And ultimately why he and Superman clash.

• Upvote 1

There was a spot I'd not seen trailed before Deadpool last night... it was just a load of crash, bang and wallop and actually dampened my enthusiasm for the movie. Not exactly an original thought, but Superman really shouldn't be so sombre. As a character he's a beacon of hope, not a mardy fucker that scowls around Metropolis. Ah well, will still see it because I like Supes but expecting a middling, 'it's okay but...' three star movie. Anything above that will be a pleasant surprise.

Batman is dark, but he's not 'kill Bane' dark, or even 'kill Zod' dark...he'll be our beacon of hope these days.

so home version isn't going to be bloody, but instead...

"There’s a couple, like, Ahman Green, the running back from the Green Bay Packers, he’s in it. And C.T. Fletcher is like this bodybuilder muscle-guru from Compton, this awesome guy. He’s amazing, and he’s in it. And then there’s just a lot of these Easter Eggs in the Director’s Cut that I think are gonna be fun for everyone."

• Upvote 1

And the review embargo is up on the 22nd (not in a few hours as I first thought)

I'm predicting an average of 58 on Metacritic, based on drab colours and general indifference.

I actually enjoyed Man of Steel for the most part, but put alongside the latest Captain America trailer, this looks so glum.

• Upvote 1

Spoilers are now everywhere - it sounds hilariously bad in places (especially the ending, jinkies) though the audience response so far has been generally very positive. Affleck's Batman has something in common with Keaton's:

Spoiler

He straight up shoots and explodes the shit out of goons with the Batwing, no fucks given about not killing whatsoever. Oh and he only brands rapists, slavers and child killers, so that's alright then. You steal a car, you'll probably be okay.

Oddly enough, a crucial moment hinges on something I feel silly for never picking up on before:

Spoiler

He's about to kill Superman when he discovers their mams both have the same name, which makes him pause for thought. Bless!

• Upvote 1

I have no intention of seeing this, this week. How crazy is that. I mean... I watch Arrow for Chrissakes, but I don't have the slightest bit of excitement or enthusiasm for a new film featuring Batman.

2 hours ago, Sabreman said:

I have no intention of seeing this, this week. How crazy is that. I mean... I watch Arrow for Chrissakes, but I don't have the slightest bit of excitement or enthusiasm for a new film featuring Batman.

In the same boat. I nearly bought tickets a few weeks ago, but as I was describing my dilemma booking them to my girlfriend I said "On the one hand, it's a sequel to a movie I hate, made by all the same people but on the other hand..." then couldn't think of anything to say other than "Batman" which kind of convinced me not to bother.

In the same boat. I nearly bought tickets a few weeks ago, but as I was describing my dilemma booking them to my girlfriend I said "On the one hand, it's a sequel to a movie I hate, made by all the same people but on the other hand..." then couldn't think of anything to say other than "Batman" which kind of convinced me not to bother.

Wait... It's out this week? I knew it was "soon", but somehow didn't care enough to remember when (unlike Civil War).

I will see it, but it certainly won't be a "first showing at midnight" viewing.

I wasn't that bothered about seeing it but went to the double bill last night because it fell on good Friday anyway and I really enjoyed it.

I had pretty low expectations but thought it set up a DC franchise really well 

the one thing I didn't like was the over the top unhinged tech CEO Luther