IGNORED

Satellite Reign - spiritual successor to syndicate! on kickstarter

5R7

So, this is out, and Edge have given it a 5, which, as you're all aware, means that it is probably the best thing ever.

And you know what? It is. It's a really neat open-world advancement on the concept that Syndicate established all those years ago, and the only game in over 20 years to actually make a meaningful difference to the game without throwing the core enjoyment of balls-hard real-time squad management.

But don't just take my word for it, take this man's word for it:

Seriously, it's really fucking good. Buy it.

I've played a bit of it and am very impressed, in particular it's really atomspheric and I appreciate that they haven't done the usual thing these crowd-funded resurrections of old games do of hewing too close to the original design. It's its own thing while still having the right feel.

What did edge not like about it? The fact it's good?

I backed this so I'm probably considered biased or something but I think it's really good - it could be "better" but then most games could be in some way or another. If you're old enough to remember the originals, I'm sure you'd like it.

If not, then I could understand perhaps not being as impressed but it's a kickstarter, it was made by about 5 people and there aren't many games where you control 4 cyber assassins these days and it really, really looks the part.

I really don't understand EDGE's 5 but as history tells us and Wiper mentioned, that means that it's actually loads better than most of the other stuff out there.

Caved and bought it, am liking it so far. Think I've got the syndicate game I didn't know i wanted rather than the one I thought I did. Yes I am way way old enough to remember the old games.

As for the edge 5, maybe he just didn't enjoy it. It is after all meant to be an opinion etc etc.

Yeah, it's good fun. I played a bit of the early access version but restarted tonight and just rescued the infiltrator. I always try for a stealthy approach but it invariably goes to shit and I end up shooting my way out.

Pretty obvious but I'd recommend hacking ATM's and prioritising the bank mission as it'll give a boost to your cash over time.

Pleased I've got this to play over the weekend otherwise I'd probably have tried for an early copy of MGSV.

I hope I'm doing something wrong as I'm finding it pretty tedious to play. It just feel a bit clunky, movement doesn't feel great and I'm not really enjoying the combat. Also, it's really annoying the way the team stops moving when you pan the camera around.

Edit - Sorted! It's because I had rebound the keys to move the camera around to WASD as it's more comfortable for me. The game hadn't removed the original bindings though (which is a bit odd) so I'd ended up with S as both stop and pan down. Much better now.