Your favourite album covers

Surprised we haven't done this(well I didn't find it anyway).

It's hard to separate the artwork from the music I find, so you end up liking the cover because you love the album, but here goes. I could post a million jazz albums, there are so many I love, but here goes.

tumblr_layh5mIKv71qexsvoo1_500.jpg

marianoBethlehem.jpg

and I never got over this as a child:

icet-power-spread.jpg

Old thread's knackered anyway due to all the broken linking, so a repost:

Unknown+Pleasures-UKLP-1000.jpg

Can't seem to get a decent pic of it online - most of them have the pulsar timing profiles way too big. Maybe that comes from the CD or something.

Ah - here's what it looks like in the proper UK vinyl, the one that had a white label (side a), and a black one (side b):

360457426664.jpg

Not much to it I suppose, but I guess that's the point. Also, iconic innit? Which is why it's never a great idea to sell the bastard when you're skint and then resort to having to find shitty photos of it online decades later, like a right twat.

King+Crimson+-+Front.jpg

If a record/CD shop sells this album the cover will jump out at you every single time, even from right across the room. It used to be a running joke to us all when we were younger. I didn't actually hear it until a fair bit later so imagine my delight when I found Crimmo had the tunes to back it up.

220px-TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jp

Another incredibly obvious one, but it sprung straight to mind.

R-2302422-1275500055.jpeg

Much less famous but these were great, all uniquely screenprinted with a few different designs. I totally nabbed the best one from where I used to work. Some more variations here.

Surprised we haven't done this(well I didn't find it anyway).

It's hard to separate the artwork from the music I find, so you end up liking the cover because you love the album, but here goes. I could post a million jazz albums, there are so many I love, but here goes.

tumblr_layh5mIKv71qexsvoo1_500.jpg

Nookie you fool, you posted that in the old thread! Good one though.

Fucking kernow man. With that display I don't know whether to salute him or shoot him.

Anyway, fuck the lot of you. What is best in album art chummy lifestyle? Have a bleedin guess.

The_Fall-Hex_Enduction_Hour-Frontal.jpg

1hr - by The Fall - respect-inducing hyphen.

You can probably take a quote off the cover for each pose posed on the forum really. It's, like, prescient man.