IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

I'm getting it tomorrow hopefully the server will be open!!! I enjoyed the beta test the full release kinda passed me by!

Quick question, does anyone know how much space I'll need on my ps3 to install it? I'm planning to get the ps3 version for the cheap upgrade to ps4 but I've got an ancient 30gb ps3 and it might not fit!

I'm getting it tomorrow hopefully the server will be open!!! I enjoyed the beta test the full release kinda passed me by!

Quick question, does anyone know how much space I'll need on my ps3 to install it? I'm planning to get the ps3 version for the cheap upgrade to ps4 but I've got an ancient 30gb ps3 and it might not fit!

Might be wrong but I don't think I actually installed the game on my PS3 before doing the upgrade to PS4, was a bit of a convoluted process tho which involved logging into various PSN and Square accounts on PC, PS3 and PS4. Got it working in the end tho, cant complain for 7 quid.

So much love for this on PS4, just didn't grab me on PC for some reason.

Did first dungeon last night, first party really made me wonder, had tank who chain pulled everything in room and died and healer who seemed to me missing most of the time, tried to heal him on my THM while I did some DPS but I am not quick enough with the targeting. Second party was much better and cleared it easily.

Made it on to Moogle, still learning the ropes a little but I'm really enjoying it thus far :)

Wouldn't mind an invite to the Linkshell and can I ask, how to alter the size of the map and chat windows on the left hand side of screen? I want to make them both wider.

Made it on to Moogle, still learning the ropes a little but I'm really enjoying it thus far :)

Wouldn't mind an invite to the Linkshell and can I ask, how to alter the size of the map and chat windows on the left hand side of screen? I want to make them both wider.

If you are playing on PS3/PS4 and don't have a mouse then I think you press L1+R3 to bring up a mouse cursor. Simply grab the top right corner for both to drag it to the size you want. Also grabbing the bottom left corner of chat (right next to where it says "General") should let you move the chat window to wherever you like.

Totally lost interest in this after hitting level 20 on my Conjurer. Really liked both betas on PS4 but this is way too limited in regards to character progress and choice for my taste. As there are no talent tree or similar it feels like there is no way to affect your playing style or choice of spells. The thought of pressing R1 and X to cast Cure I for another 30 levels doesn't really appeal.

Is the game really this streamlined all the way through or have I just happened to roll the most boring class of them all?

But you get Cure II at lvl 30!! I dunno, I think it is quite streamlined, but variety does open up a bit past 20 and the dungeons get a bit trickier, you can sleep mobs, remove poisons etc. The early dungeons are easy mode though, I end up hoping a pull goes all to shit to make it a bit more exciting.

I've been playing a tank for the last couple of nights, its a lot more tense! More options, a bit more pressure to keep aggro etc. I've tanked up to the The Thousand Maws of something or other and really loving it - maybe give it a try koefod? That's the great thing about this game, no need to reroll a new char, just try a different class, levelling is super quick in the early stages as well.

But you get Cure II at lvl 30!! I dunno, I think it is quite streamlined, but variety does open up a bit past 20 and the dungeons get a bit trickier, you can sleep mobs, remove poisons etc. The early dungeons are easy mode though, I end up hoping a pull goes all to shit to make it a bit more exciting.

I've been playing a tank for the last couple of nights, its a lot more tense! More options, a bit more pressure to keep aggro etc. I've tanked up to the The Thousand Maws of something or other and really loving it - maybe give it a try koefod? That's the great thing about this game, no need to reroll a new char, just try a different class, levelling is super quick in the early stages as well.

Haha, yea, that was what I noticed, the lure of Cure II doesn't really make me wanna level another 10 levels. ^_^

Might give tank a try, played a Marauder in the first beta until about level 15 and quite liked it, but on the other hand I liked Conjurer up to about that level too so who knows. But as you say, tanking seems to be more active in this game, partly due to the horrible targeting system. ;)

Totally lost interest in this after hitting level 20 on my Conjurer. Really liked both betas on PS4 but this is way too limited in regards to character progress and choice for my taste. As there are no talent tree or similar it feels like there is no way to affect your playing style or choice of spells. The thought of pressing R1 and X to cast Cure I for another 30 levels doesn't really appeal.

Is the game really this streamlined all the way through or have I just happened to roll the most boring class of them all?

You know you can level up other classes and mix and match your skills to basically play how you want? You get spare slots to fill depending on level. And when you hit 30 you unlock jobs which are more powerful versions of classes. It can be really flexible! I can heal myself when I'm out soloing or could cast protect on myself, I use strength / critical hit up moves from my pugilist, that sort of thing. I could never play an MMO now where I can't change my class at will. Bored of healing people? Just equip an axe and tank!

But yep, if you're a healing class in the main you'll heal people, like on my BRD I just shoot stuff til it dies.

Rushy and Robf (and anyone else who would like a linkshell invite) I can dish them out and am heading on now, Just message Striker Eureka (I feel like I'm spamming posting this every time!).

I'll be on after 10pm tonight till about 1am so hopefully I'll catch you then.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to change region on your account? I moved to the US (why i haven't been on in ages) and picked up the PS4 version but i won't let me log inn cause i am not in the right region. Customer support seems to be down so no luck getting any help there.

Am i just out of luck and need to start over?

It's a very accommodating MMO though. I'm playing it in short bursts and it's fine. Most of it is solo and the grouped content is very easy to schedule. It's actually remarkably chilled and a very long way from FFXI's stressful grind. Love it.

I hope someone can help me as I'm getting fucking furious with this game. I played the first beta when it was out and now I've decided to take the plunge and buy the game. However after downloading it I now have to sign into my Square Enix account to play. Problem is, I now can't remember the password I set up to play the beta. Tried pressing the "forgot your password" button but it dosn't recognise my email address (guess the beta just ran from my psn, can't remember). Tried setting up a new account on Squares website, but whenever I load the game on my ps4 it dosn't give me the option of logging in with a different account.

Anyone else had this problem? Getting seriously fucked off as I just payed 30 quid for a game I can't play.

Had a decent weekend with this over the last couple of days.

Managed to get my Marauder up to 19, my Lancer to 17 and did Satasha.

I did the dungeon as my Lancer and it was pretty good fun, although I still haven't got my head around targeting yet.

Also still deciding between Lancer and Pug (I think my Pug is about lvl14 or so, has some useful cross class skills so far).

Got a quick question though. Does your gear/equipment scale when level restricted? It doesn't appear to unequip a load of stuff but I want to make sure before I sell a load of gear.

Also does being able to sell stuff on the AH (message board??) unlock at some point in the main quest?

Yeah, stuff scales, so you can get rid or convert your old gear into materia - it might be worth holding on to stuff you are 100% spiritbound to in case you want to muck about with materia melding.

You get access to selling on the AH as part of the main quest, you do it via retainer which will also store all your junk. It's one of the main storyline quests, around 17, I think after you do Copperbell. All the materia converting / melding is also covered in the main questline.

Are you on Moogle?

I hope someone can help me as I'm getting fucking furious with this game. I played the first beta when it was out and now I've decided to take the plunge and buy the game. However after downloading it I now have to sign into my Square Enix account to play. Problem is, I now can't remember the password I set up to play the beta. Tried pressing the "forgot your password" button but it dosn't recognise my email address (guess the beta just ran from my psn, can't remember). Tried setting up a new account on Squares website, but whenever I load the game on my ps4 it dosn't give me the option of logging in with a different account.

Anyone else had this problem? Getting seriously fucked off as I just payed 30 quid for a game I can't play.

Just give Square Enix a call, they sorted me out in minutes after experiencing issues.