Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

Today is launch day

If you just want the game and digital items Green Man Gaming had it and you'd be emailed the code directly

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/mmos/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-dc/

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm after the PS3 version. There's no way in hell that my 2012 entry level Macbook Air could even hope to run this.

Oh have they extended it? How does that work then? People getting their launch copies today can't join until 30th? This is all so annoying and confusing now.

Its just to allow for people who are waiting for their purchased copy to continue playing if it is late in arriving.

MAJESTIC!

gPh8Tn0.jpg

Needs moar Erasure.

Some of the weather effects in this are incredible, I was up on the mountains near Drybone (lol) and it was raining like mad, there was thunder and lightning and you could really feel the wind. It made me wanna look for shelter (another great thing, rain doesn't penetrate buildings) and wait til it passed. It lasted ages, but I was quite happy up there soaking in this atmosphere, it's a small thing but it adds so much for me.

Saki Talelwa currently 25 Arcanist, 14 Pugilist, 16 Botanist, 16 Weaver, 100% awesome.

Have no idea what job to aim for still, probably Summoner and Scholar. Does anyone know if you you can you do both quests for these and then switch on the fly?

Moogle seems fine. Had a queue of one after the game crashed on my but no other issues. How true that stays I guess we'll find out at 5-6 tonight.

Is there a way to switch the profanity filter off? It censored out burned for me yesterday and is quite ridiculous.

I like the sound design a lot, silent characters and cutscenes notwithstanding. The way the sound of the rain changes when you go under cover, the way your footsteps changed when the ground does (eg I was running along a mining track and one foot was on the track and one on the dirt so my footsteps were going clang crunch clang crunch), the ambient crowd sounds when you're near a big group of players. Really subtle but clever stuff.