Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

Anyone on odin add me, names carlospie character is ron weasley. God the pc version looks epic compared to ps3.

Tried to add you but it said "could not find character with that name"?

I'm on Odin at the moment, so if there's a LS I would appreciate an invite. Character name is "Aqua Razorda", now rocking a Moogle cap :D

I know its not a race but I already feel miles behind, only managed to get my first conjurer class to around Lvl 12 over the weekend before real life got in the way.

Plan on hitting if hard this evening.. Need to atleast get to the point of making a start on crafting, and more importantly.. Fishing!

I know its not a race but I already feel miles behind, only managed to get my first conjurer class to around Lvl 12 over the weekend before real life got in the way.

Plan on hitting if hard this evening.. Need to atleast get to the point of making a start on crafting, and more importantly.. Fishing!

Luckily eveeryone will be levelling up other classes so you'll at least (in theory!) always have someone up for doing a dungeon run.

Luckily eveeryone will be levelling up other classes so you'll at least (in theory!) always have someone up for doing a dungeon run.

This is another reason I love the job change system - there's always people at lower levels needing to party up. And of course there's the handy level sync ability. You love that dont you? :P

Do you add my account name that's carlospie. How do I change jobs? Im a level 13 arc but want to try tanking as I dont think il get in any instances as a dps.

Please ls invite im normally on in the day due to shifts

Have you been doing the ARC quests? You get the ability through that, I can't remember what rough level though. 15ish?

The arc quests are fucked. The woman I hand my quest in to wont spawn. Cant believe people have finished it already. What's the ruse enjoy the journey.

Are summoners any good or are they another dps?

Worked fine for me. And it's not anywhere near the end of the quest line, it's like the 3rd one or something. The point is to level jobs alongside each other so you can use complimentary skills on your other jobs. Like, I'm almost 20 ARC. When I hit 20 I might level up CNJ to heal myself, or PUG to hit harder for example.

How are you PS3 players finding it as things get more chaotic within the dungeons?

Absolutely fine, but I can't tell what I'm targetting half the time. Ask your tank to tag things which helps. I sometimes end up just shooting at a random extra mob but I've not died yet so I either have awesome healers or it's not that big a deal! That's probably not just a PS3 problem though. I turned off some effects and it's clearer now. It never seems to slow down or anything like that.

They're dps primarily but with support skills gained from Arcanist. Black Mage is more pure dps, i'd have thought.

From my experience with XI jobs like Summoners and Black mages were always in high demand so dont let that put you off if you think damage dealers won't get picked. And anyway if everyone goes tank or healer they won't get a party either!

Targeting is impossible. If im not getting stuck on my pet im fighting the wrong thing.

I have a quest to test my skill in the arcanist building, the marker is there to hand it to a rhylia or something, but there is no one there. Ever.

I might go dragoon, little dragoons look ace

Targeting is impossible. If im not getting stuck on my pet im fighting the wrong thing.

I have a quest to test my skill in the arcanist building, the marker is there to hand it to a rhylia or something, but there is no one there. Ever.

I might go dragoon, little dragoons look ace

What was screwing me over for ages until I figured it out was if you need to switch target, then just highlighting it isnt enough. You need to hit X or whatever the keyboard equivalent i to 'confirm' the new target and then your attacks will hit that. I was getting really stressed in my first instances that I couldnt hit adds even when I had it highlighted. That might help.

You can also use R1 / L1 (who knows what PC equivalent is!) to cycle through targets. Is your pet a fighting chocobo thing or just something that follows you looking cute? I'd put that away if I was fighting.

What was screwing me over for ages until I figured it out was if you need to switch target, then just highlighting it isnt enough. You need to hit X or whatever the keyboard equivalent i to 'confirm' the new target and then your attacks will hit that.

This troubled me at first, but i've grown to love it. Especially in dungeons when I just want to switch target to reapply a DoT before going back to the main target.

Marauder all the way. Tank by smashing baddies in the face - or the knees if you are a Lafalel - with your massive axe. Feels good man.

I fancy that job too, I loved running about in chain mail with a great axe in XI. So many jobs, so little playtime! I'm also desperate to do /visor!

I complained the other day that dispite WAR coming out 6 or 7 years nobody has bothered to copy the best thing about that game, the targeting system, it's so simple yet brilliant, 1 offensive (enemy) target and 1 defensive (friendly) target, this meant you could heal and attack without ever having to constantly switch targets and is absolutely sublime when you're playing a healer. The only thing everybody took from that game was the public quest system and advanced it from a set area and made it a dynamic thing that could happen anywhere, I'd happily lose the FATES in this game for the WAR target system.

Another thing I like is the colour coding on the mobs, for example engaged mobs are red, but hostile are a purply colour, as a dps it's a bit easier to know what to avoid and what the tank is actively engaging. If this has been done before, i've not seen it.

I was having a lot of grief with the targeting on PS3, joining a FATE was impossible as I kept selecting everything but the enemies.

I found this handy post that explains targeting for PS3 and how you can filter it to do what you want. I now have my default selection on 'other' and rarely all.