Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

On XI it would always be 6/7pm - 9/10pm GMT. Always! This is good timing.

Well, it's better timing rather than good timing. If I remember correctly WoW's maintenance was at 3am - that's good timing.

Up to level 18 now and it's getting a lot better. I'm still not entirely convinced about whether it's really doing enough differently or if it will have the longevity to last beyond a month or two, but at £14 I'm happy to take a chance.

I somehow managed to end up with 2 codes when I ordered from Shopto, in the mess of registration I entered both of them, now when I log in it asks me to choose from 2 accounts. You know whats gonna happen if I end up subscribing, Squeenix are gonna end up charging me twice arent they, I can see it now.

In other news had most fun I have had in this last night when I thought sod the stupid quests got on the airship and ended up fishing for an hour.

PC version players tired of moving the mouse around as you endlessly try to connect? Hit 0 on your numpad at each step to make the job easier. Careful though. If you end up in a queue 0 will cancel out of it so you have to pay attention. I suggest listening to some nice music while you do it.

Now I have full airship access I'm wandering around levelling all the other classes to 10. I must say Thaumaturge is very interesting. Only level 8 but I like the way you have to balance mana gain with dps and that skill to flip between states is the bit that seems to make it all work. Very nice.

I also bought one of the old FF14 soundtracks from iTunes. Bit expensive but it has plenty of tracks and I have a habit of listening to OSTs of games that I'm currently playing