Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Official Server: Moogle)

mercenarri

Square Enix halts Final Fantasty XIV: A Realm Reborn sales due to extreme server loads28 Aug, 2013
Square Enix has announced that for the time being they have halted all sales of the newly released Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn due to extreme demand overtaking server capacity.
Square Enix posted a statement on the matter last night:
Important Notice About FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN's digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days.

I can't be bothered to keep trying to login at the moment so I'm patching my PS3 copy to see what it runs like. I was surprised to find that it happily supports kb/mouse too. Microsoft are really missing a trick not supporting MMOs properly.

There are some patch notes too.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Hot Fixes (Aug. 27)

We have made fixes listed below.

- We have adjusted the difficulty level on the following conjurer quests:
Trial by Wind / Trial by Water / Like Mother, Like Daughter

We have addressed the following issues:
- An issue wherein the chocobo companion action "Choco Medica" would not properly recover HP.
- The following quests were not able to be completed if a player’s inventory was full:
My Feisty Little Chocobo / Double Dragoon
- The cutscene for the "He Ain't Heavy" quest would be canceled when receiving damage.
- When challenging a boss during a FATE, the reward received when the FATE was unsuccessful was incorrect.
- There were cases where monsters in the Aurum Vale instanced raid would not use specific moves and the server would go down under certain circumstances.
- Searching for items on the markets that are available in large quantities would cause the game client to shut down.
- When stepping into an unknown land, players were able to obtain experience points repeatedly.
* We will be correcting the data for players that were affected by this issue.
If you received experience points in regards to this issue, please contact us via the Support Desk, or wait for more details from the Operations team.

We have implemented a solution to the following issue:
- Monsters would occasionally not appear during quest battles, which would prevent progression in the quest.

I can see why they toned down the trial of wind. I brick walled on that for two attempts before I realised I needed to slow right down and take a different approach. Managed it no problem on the third attempt. I can see what it was trying to do but I think it was a bit early in progression for that. That being said if it hadn't spawned so many adds it wouldn't have been a problem.

To be hones't I'm getting used to the dualshock.

I'm mostly playing with a 360 pad on the PC. I've gotten really used to it. I still use the mouse and keyboard for a few things though (Like gear management) just for speed.

I'll be transitioning over to the PS4 when it comes out so I'll stick with the controller for now to get used to it more. The main reason I opted for the PlayStation version in the first place was due to the lack of a Mac client.

Getting pretty tired of waiting for the Moogle server to open up for character creation :( Is anyone playing on one of the US ones for now?

I'm on Odin for now and will probably transfer when they open the service up in September.

I'll be transitioning over to the PS4 when it comes out so I'll stick with the controller for now to get used to it more. The main reason I opted for the PlayStation version in the first place was due to the lack of a Mac client.

I'm on Odin for now and will probably transfer when they open the service up in September.

I thought they said it was going to be six months before you can pay for a world transfer? Has that changed in light of the difficulties?

I thought they said it was going to be six months before you can pay for a world transfer? Has that changed in light of the difficulties?

I'm sure I read that it was going to be mid-September now, but I don't know why they moved it forward. Makes sense if it's to do with this.

Managed to get into the PC version with my brand new build for a couple of hours. Stunning looking place! And absolutely rammed in the first hub city. Literally players everywhere, like a stampede. lol! Granted i'm new to MMO's, but it was quite a shock.

Liking what i've seen so far, but just got kicked by the server, so i'll take a spot of lunch and try again later. :)

Just been trying out the PS3 version. For such a low specced machine (Compared to a modern PC anyway) it's running really well. Certainly no problem for doing a bit of mob grinding from the couch. It's the same app so it's fully controllable from mouse and keyboard too.

*Edit* Annoyingly gearsets and hotbars seem to be saved locally so all mine are empty on PS3.

Im in a real dilemma.

Having abused my early access I have a level twenty arc and five thau. Im really enjoying the world and its picked up a lot when you get to the instances. Im just not sure I have time in my life for an mmo. First world problems!!

I'm completely smitten, it's better than i'd hoped.

I like what i've done dungeon wise so far (the first 4) but it's in solo that it's really impressed me. The world is beautiful and full of character, the quests have a nice charm to them and the way the classes develop is really nice, i'm already seeing some good synergy between my pugilist and lancer.

Lancer... my new favourite.