The Great British Bake Off

Nespresso

On 19 October 2017 at 16:56, charley farley said:

This is the case though isn't it? I thought each person getting chucked out was based on that episode and that episode only?

Thought of this post last night. Absolutely no way were they letting Stephen go out so they played the old past performance card. It was touch and go but the judging has been awful in my opinion. I don't think this has been a great series quality wise.

3 hours ago, Dude Ranch said:

Thought of this post last night. Absolutely no way were they letting Stephen go out so they played the old past performance card. It was touch and go but the judging has been awful in my opinion. I don't think this has been a great series quality wise.

I thought that was because they couldn't separate them based on this weeks cakes? So they looked at previous weeks as a kind of tie-breaker. 

I know it doesn’t suit the producers and editors but I’ve always felt every round should be ranked fully, like the technical challenge, with points awarded like F1 drivers championship (say 10 for winning first or second rounds and 20 for the big pink flamingo round at the end).

You’ll still get shite Liver buildings being placed too highly but would seem a little more transparent.

Love the idea of them having a standings table each episode and then they discuss who's in the relegation zone before the showstopper. In addition to overall points they could also record the number of Hollywood handshakes, as some sort of tie break. And people get taken points away for sneaking a look at other contestants during the challenge bake. Sandy becomes some sort of ajudicating referee whilst Noel gurns in the background pointing at various infringements. 

On 26/10/2017 at 11:32, Davros sock drawer said:

Is it really serious enough to warrant that sort of approach? I mean, I don't want to be the "It's just cakes innit!" guy, but I don't think it really needs to be that stringent.

Needs to be more stringent than Prue tweeting out congrats to the winner this morning.

http://mashable.com/2017/10/31/great-british-bake-off-winner-accidentally-revealed/

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 19/10/2017 at 16:27, Broker said:

If I were a little more cynical, I might suspect that C4 have decided to aim at the portion of the GBBO audience who complain whenever a non-white person wins about "political correctness". They notably gave Stephen very little time when discussing the contestant's personal lives, which I assumed meant he was going out early, but I've since started to suspect is because he's gay. Couple that with them being unnecessarily harsh on Liam this week and making endless excuses for straight white mum Stacey, and it starts to look like maybe they've decided to aim straight for the Daily Mail reading portion of the show's audience.

With the current series, they seem to have been going all-out to troll the gammon-faced Mail readers, I'm pleased to note.