rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

The Great British Bake Off

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

What? That's a great choice.

Really? Matt Lucas? From painfully unfunny sketch show little Britain? 
I guess that’s a matter of taste then, but I can’t stand him and it will probably mean the end of me watching it. 

Surprised it's still going ahead with the Corona... 

He's George Dawes. And he's a very gentle and funny guy when he's being himself.

It will work, I reckon.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, And said:

Really? Matt Lucas? From painfully unfunny sketch show little Britain? 
I guess that’s a matter of taste then, but I can’t stand him and it will probably mean the end of me watching it. 

• Upvote 1

God, bake off hosted by Vic, Bob and George Dawes would be deliciously anarchic.

A totally different show, mind. 

Regardless, Matt Lucas is incredibly likable and so I think that is a great choice.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Regardless, Matt Lucas is incredibly likable and so I think that is a great choice.

It's quite odd watching the completely different tragectories/perceptions of Lucas and Walliams after LB/that airport thing.

19 minutes ago, Hexx said:

It's quite odd watching the completely different tragectories/perceptions of Lucas and Walliams after LB/that airport thing.

It has because Lucas has actually attempted to intellectually engage and apologise for that work, his interview on RHLSTP is really well worth a listen. Whereas David Walliams has just decided to pimp himself out to ITV1 over lowest common denominator shite.

The only problem with Matt Lucas is that he teamed up with David Fucking Walliams for Little Britain. No idea what he was thinking, hanging around with that unfunny prick.

He’ll be great on this with Noel.

19 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

But David Walliams pretends to be gay! What could be funnier than that?

James Corden.

Probably a good choice for co-host. Though I'm not sure I can forgive Hexx for reminding me that Come Fly With Me exists... so, so terrible.

On 12/03/2020 at 11:42, JPL said:

The only problem with Matt Lucas is that he teamed up with David Fucking Walliams for Little Britain. No idea what he was thinking, hanging around with that unfunny prick.

He’ll be great on this with Noel.

Well, he didn't first team up with him for Little Britain. They had been working together as a team for a few years before that, most memorably on Rock Profile:

Walliams and Matt Lucas first met at the National Youth Theatre. At their first meeting, Lucas did an impression of Jimmy Savile and Walliams an impression of Frankie Howerd. They would not meet again for another year.[18] In the late 1990s, playing minor roles in sketches such as The Club, Walliams and Lucas played grotesque caricatures of various rock musicians in the series Rock Profile and in the spoof documentary series Sir Bernard's Stately Homes. They were also stars of the Paramount Comedy Channel show Mash and Peas, and it was in this guise that they appeared in the Fat Les video. Walliams and Lucas also had small roles in Plunkett and Maclaine as prisoners.