IGNORED

What value does a free copy of FIFA have for you?

DocG

Value of a free copy of FIFA  

350 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So over in the Xbone thread, there's debate about whether Microsoft's pack-in deal offering a free copy of FIFA 14 with all Xbox One pre-orders is a stunning deal that appears to everyone or a insignificant thing that only boring people would like.

Let's do some science! Where do you stand?

Not much value for me - I don't think I've played a FIFA game since the Mega Drive era. I don't mind "sports" games generally but the ones I play are the Virtua Tennis and Everybody's Golf type things rather than the more "realistic" titles...

I don't see an option for those who are getting PS4's to state they will just buy it for that console, or indeed for any of the other consoles.

That's why the question says "Suppose you were considering getting one". If you like, you can re-read it as "imagine Sony are bundling FIFA 14 with the PS4". I'm not asking what you think of the Xbox One; I'm asking what you think of a free copy of FIFA.

No bacon option.

But FIFA has no appeal for me. Never really has. Certainly wouldn't sway my choice of console, not least as the PS4 is *still* cheaper.

And, if I were really into FIFA, I'd have bought FIFA 14 before the Xbone is out anyway.

It's all just a ploy to get loads of new Xboners into spending on Ultimate Team.

Microsoft seem to be trying their hardest to turn the Xbox brand away from being a videogames machine & instead pursuing the multimedia-centre dollar, which might very well backfire if played wrong.

If it was dropping with Titanfall then maybe it'd be something I'd be excited about, but as I hate sports titles it means sod all to me. I'm actually surprised that the US SKU isn't coming with Madden to be honest, who knows maybe it will. It is a pertinent move as they're actively pursuing that portion of the gaming demographic, as seen by all their "WATCH ASSORTED SPORTS ON XBOXONE!!" gumph at the earlier release conferences, in lieu of showing any actual games.

I for one will be waiting to see which console has the best version of multi-platform titles & purchasing that as my primary next-gen console. Currently all signs are pointing to the PS4 being that console.

Microsoft seem to be trying their hardest to turn the Xbox brand away from being a videogames machine & instead pursuing the multimedia-centre dollar, which might very well backfire if played wrong.

I keep hearing this. You only have to look at the lineup for both consoles to quickly release its utter nonsense. If I was buying a console based on whats been announced and what came on the previous consoles then I'd buy an Xbox One.

I keep hearing this. You only have to look at the lineup for both consoles to quickly release its utter nonsense. If I was buying a console based on whats been announced and what came on the previous consoles then I'd buy an Xbox One.

Interesting really because in the general media all I've heard about is the XBone's ability to stream live sports, use it as a recording device or a through-put for another HDMI device (at extra cost), keep connected to ALL your social networks, play music, watch films, etc., oh & yeah it plays some games too which we'll tell you about sometime in the future! <_<

Whereas the PS4 has quietly stated that it does all the necessary multimedia gubbins but mainly that it plays games as it's a games console. Sony have actively pursued the gaming cred from "Day One" of MS dropping the ball. Now they've realised this, MS are trying to claw back what little cred amongst the gaming world their chequebook can buy, all IMO based on the events that I've read about.

None of the above - prolly get it on the 360 anyway as it will be exactly the same game and more people are likely to be on there.

Smaller chances of bugs...in FIFA...oh wait hahahahaha