IGNORED

What value does a free copy of FIFA have for you?

DocG

Value of a free copy of FIFA  

350 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The last FIFA game I bought was '96 for the megadrive, I doubt its moved on much since then. I have no interest in playing anything football related these days - the fact that I'd risk acquiring a copy if pre-ordering the console, would make me think twice.

Assuming I had no preference either way for a next-gen console? That they both appealed to me equally, were the same price and so on? If it was a digital download, this would push me towards a PS4. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that because it makes me feel shallow, but it would feel a bit like Microsoft thought they knew what type of audience they wanted their customers to be, and I am not that audience.

If I could sell it on, then assuming I had no other way to differentiate between the two consoles, this might sway me.

Great deal for me. I'll get FIFA 14 on the 360 and start the game as everything carries over to the next gen version. With the freebie on XB1 I don't have to re-buy the game which I was going to do when the XB1 arrives and I can then I sell the 360 version as I will no longer need it. I should be able to get around £25-£30 for it.

I can then I sell the 360 version as I will no longer need it. I should be able to get around £25-£30 for it.

Sure, except, well, if everyone's does that the value of current-gen fifa falls through the floor.

also, avoid GAME. how many times have we seen

"excludes sports games"

on their posters for trade-in?

I voted for nothing.

But not because I'm not interested, just because it doesn't change my decision of choosing the PS4 over the Xbox One (seriously, does that have an abbreviation yet? XB1, XO; still a shit name either way).

If I got a free copy with PS4, it'd be awesome though! I know I'll end up buying it. But not before NBA or Watch Dogs or Drive Club (after I've tried the PS+ version obviously).

If I was faced with two identical consoles with identical games in the pipeline, and the difference was the more expensive one came with a free copy of FIFA, then the price difference would have to be about £20 or less. Because that's all I would be arsed about spending on the game.

But as the consoles and games aren't identical (and notwithstanding the £80 price difference), it doesn't make any real difference. Were I to buy a launch machine, it'd be based on the whole package, not the freebies waved in my face.

Aren't the first Fifa games on a new console usually a bit shit? I seem to remember that being the case with the PSP, which I bought, and the 360 and the Vita, which I didn't buy because I read that they were rubbish.

Anyway, a free game is always nice, although I'm less interested because it's one that goes out of date so quickly. I never pay full price for Fifa games, I just wait to they are out of date and pick up second hand ones for next to nothing.

Not enough to sway me away from the PS4, and I am unlikely to buy both next time round unless I get the second very cheaply towards the end of its life.

Aren't the first Fifa games on a new console usually a bit shit? I seem to remember that being the case with the PSP, which I bought, and the 360 and the Vita, which I didn't buy because I read that they were rubbish.

Anyway, a free game is always nice, although I'm less interested because it's one that goes out of date so quickly. I never pay full price for Fifa games, I just wait to they are out of date and pick up second hand ones for next to nothing.

Not enough to sway me away from the PS4, and I am unlikely to buy both next time round unless I get the second very cheaply towards the end of its life.

they normally do one in the old engine first, yeah.

or worse, one of the RTWC or Euro editions.

Next gen Fifa 14 runs a completely different engine to Fifa 14 on current consoles. Gameplay will be same but graphically it will be a major step up. As a regular who buys is year in year out as a main staple of my gaming diet massive difference is in the crowds which have graphically been poor in fifa for some time now

Is "massive difference is in the crowds" enough to sell you a new version of the game then?

Genuine question - I don't play sports games so I have no idea if something like that is important.

I'll be buying on the 360 anyway but as it comes free with xb1 and all your progress carries over from current gen to next gen it's a win win for me really. No, crowds would not be able to sell me a game on its own but peripheral graphics have always been poor on FIFA and its a bonus of the new Ignite engine that all this stuff will be greater enhanced adding to the realism of the game.

Graphically it will be substantially different to the same game on current gen but gameplay will be identical.

None of the above - prolly get it on the 360 anyway as it will be exactly the same game and more people are likely to be on there.

That's pretty much the crux of the matter isn't it. I can't image the difference in appearance of the game being that much different and like you said, more people are likely to get it for their 360s anyway. I occasionally get FIFA (usually ever other year) so if I got a free copy Id be happy but it's not enough to make me shill out £420 when I could get the 360 version for £40 (even though this year I probably won't bother)

It woud probably stop me buying PES like I usually would instead, which I guess is of some use to EA terms of bragging rights if nothing else, and then make me more far likely to buy Fifa again next time as long as I can import all the customised teams and players to the new version.