IGNORED

HBO's Westworld. Yee-Haww Co/w,bo.Y@@@ [FATAL ERROR]

FishyFish

I'm actually finding season 2 a massive bore - its been relegated to background tv whilst I'm surfing the net, which is never a good sign.

I simply don't care about anybody in it at all - a robot is looking for her missing 'child', which isn't real. another robot has gone evil but the actress can't really pull that off so I don't care, and that whole japanese thing last week was a load of new robot characters I didn't care about. 

I can't think of something that has tailed off so badly in terms of enjoyment for me from one series to the next.

I think Hopkins may have been the heart of the show in series 1 and his absence is leaving a massive hole.

I think we're meant to view them as people now, rather than robots...so whether or not, the child is real isn't the point the emtions Maeve feels towards her are real.

Hopkins was brilliant though and the show does suffer without him.

On 15/05/2018 at 10:05, Darren said:

Yes we wondered why they went to the bother of

Hide contents

destroying then completely recreating the entire room every time.

Won’t somebody think of the goldfish!

But otherwise this was one of the best episodes yet. Amazing when you consider who wasn’t in it. But perhaps focusing on just a couple of closely linked stories is what made it so good.

Spoiler

I thought they were messing with delos DNA. He wasn't a normal host, which is why he was unstable. Probably still a bit unethical to mess with "clones" in the future! 

On 25/05/2018 at 16:43, SpagMasterSwift said:

I think its more like the drop from True Detective s1 to s2 - its obviously not as good, but there is bound to be some stuff in it to enjoy.

That was like the drop from the Golden Gate Bridge.

Not as good as last week or the week before, but still enjoyable. I think at this point we're starting to see the finale being set up.

MAJOR SPOILER

Spoiler

I wasn't expecting to see Ford again. To be honest, I kind of got lost as to where Bernard actually is. Has Ford put himself into the system?

Samurai World continued to only be pretty filler with a modicum of character development, but elsewhere this was a pretty huge episode.

”Fidelity”

*immediately goes back to rewatch Episode 1 of the season*

9 hours ago, Goose said:

Not as good as last week or the week before, but still enjoyable. I think at this point we're starting to see the finale being set up.

MAJOR SPOILER

Reveal hidden contents

I wasn't expecting to see Ford again. To be honest, I kind of got lost as to where Bernard actually is. Has Ford put himself into the system?

i fucking called this last week that he'd be in the system pulling the strings

9 minutes ago, Minion said:

Dolores must really stink now, she's clearly in the same unwashed clothes and I imagine hasn't actually washed herself either. Ewww.

The clothes have got self-cleaning nanobots in them, and all the hosts have odour-free sweat.

It's a marvelous combination.

So the popular theory must be correct.

Rewatched S02E01 and that’s Bernard-bot woke to being actual honest to goodness Arnold waking up. Last thing he remembered was his plan for Deloris to shoot him through the head, then he’s looking down at hands that aren’t his own. He hears hints like “park 6” and then reaches the ocean/mountain horizon and realises “That sunnova bitch”

14 hours ago, Goose said:

Looks like Delores has

Reveal hidden contents

created a monster.

I have a hunch Teddy will be the one who kills her, or at least he’s going to try. There was an undercurrent of bitterness when he talked on the train about Delores ‘fixing’ him, so I think some of the original Teddy is still in there due to them skipping a proper reboot for the new program.

1 hour ago, Garibaldi said:

Hide contents

I have a hunch Teddy will be the one who kills her, or at least he’s going to try. There was an undercurrent of bitterness when he talked on the train about Delores ‘fixing’ him, so I think some of the original Teddy is still in there due to them skipping a proper reboot for the new program.

Spoiler

Well, when she "unlocks" them they can essentially recall their entire pasts, and every reboot.  So he definitely remembers who he was vs who he is now.

I'm struggling to care about this series any more.

Spoiler

Why would Maeve have expected her 'daughter' to remember her as her mother, given she now knows how the whole shebang operates?

1 hour ago, Camel said:

I'm struggling to care about this series any more.

Hide contents

Why would Maeve have expected her 'daughter' to remember her as her mother, given she now knows how the whole shebang operates?

Spoiler

The whole shebang now also includes the ability for hosts to remember past loops. Couple that with Maeve's hope and love...

So I'm guessing that they probably just managed to get Hopkins to record some voice lines for next ep, given that we go him in blur -o-vision in a reflection instead of a proper actor tuning around reveal.

I haven’t dropped in here for a while but I’ve been keeping up with the series. I’ve loved this season so far, I think it’s posing some interesting questions and taking a direction that could be good. It reminds me of Losts in some respects (a compliment). 

I genuinely thought this was a widely acclaimed season, I had no idea that it was widely disliked now. 

I’m still enjoying it a lot. The feel is different this time, certainly, and the mystery behind things doesn't feel so defined, but it’s not lost my interest at all.

I think re-watching the whole first season a week or so before S2 began really helped get me back in the mood.

@Harsin perhaps, or

perhaps everything is a reflection in there.

i have no idea how anyone would understand that spoiler if they weren’t directly aware of the contents of episode six, but better safe than sorry.

i still love it. I think its starting to get back into its stride. I don't think that the start of the season was bad, it was just laying a lot of the groundwork for later episodes. It had been an entirely different beast to the vast majority of season1, but i don't think its been worse. my only gripe was the way Delores has been vastly changed to be a massive turd. But i think the things that happen in this weeks episode may be a turning point in her character development.

It's been absolutely fantastic!. It's hard not to be the neck beard at work saying "you just don't get it" when talking to people too young to have lived through LOST. It was my generation's 'NAM. My generation wouldn't have done well in war.