Mighty No. 9 - Inafune reboots MegaMan via Kickstarter

Triple A

Well, that's $20 gone from my pocket in an instant.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony throws a Vita/PS4 dev setup towards Comcept anyway, even if they don't hit the stretch goal. Even at a concept state, backing this shit is a no-brainer. Well, unless you're Capcom.

For example, his limbs might become giant magnets, enabling him to walk up walls or rip away enemy shields... Or maybe extendible spring-loaded hands would allow him to activate far-away switches or work as a grappling hook... Or he could have a tank-like body, easily crossing over spikes and pushing objects around the levels... These are just a few possibilities we’re considering (the game is still in the design phase), but you get the idea!

And it’s not only killing bosses that gets Beck new powers. Taking out other enemies with a certain weapon, or hitting them in their weak spot, can expose one of three types of “xel” (pronounced “cell”) energy Beck can sap (if he’s quick enough), store, and unleash later via his own Mighty Skills! Give yourself a double-jump and speed boost for a limited time, unleash a concentrated flurry of powerful punches directly ahead, or set off a blast that hurts everything on the screen! Whatever final form it takes, this system will add depth and strategy to the action, as you choose how to approach and defeat even normal bad guys to best fuel your special powers.

Sounds great.

No doubt the pc/console versions will be bliss. But imagine this baby on a nice and shiny Vita screen or on a 3DS XL. Yum. Give me a handheld versions stretchgoal and you will have my money Inafune!

Capcom will be kicking themselves in the balls after this reaches the 2,5 million stretchgoal. That 2,5 million that they could have gotten selling a new Mega Man game to an audience that is ready to welcome back the Blue Bomber!

After dropping $500 on Yatagarasu, I've no money left for this. Not gonna lie, I'm more looking forwards to Yatagarasu, but I'm glad this is doing so well.

I wonder what Capcom are thinking as they watch the kickstarter total continue to rise? Metaphorically of course, they're probably only dimly aware of it.

After dropping $500 on Yatagarasu, I've no money left for this. Not gonna lie, I'm more looking forwards to Yatagarasu, but I'm glad this is doing so well.

I wonder what Capcom are thinking as they watch the kickstarter total continue to rise? Metaphorically of course, they're probably only dimly aware of it.

They'll make a Mega Man where everything is realistic and has robot blood and all the rest. Wily will kill Roll and Bass is made emo'er then he is.

Because it's the thing that's popular in the western world. ( how they fucked up both resident evil 6 and dead rising 3 by the look of things )