Better Call Saul!

Captain Kelsten

Two more seasons and then a couple set after BB, perhaps?

I mean, sure he's on the run, living under an assumed identity, but a resourceful chap like him could find a way out, no?

They could even make a hell of a season with him in prison. He'd have a lot of contacts, friends and enemies both inside and outside...

49 minutes ago, Argh said:

I mean, sure he's on the run, living under an assumed identity, but a resourceful chap like him could find a way out, no?

They could even make a hell of a season with him in prison. He'd have a lot of contacts, friends and enemies both inside and outside...

Him going to prison would be pretty good, he'd learn to toughen up real fast...

I should watch BB again, havent watched it since BCS aired, would be good to see it with the knowledge, though maybe it'd make me sad. Something fucked up must really happen for him to suggest 'offing' Jesse (and even Walter is shocked at the suggestion) in BB

On 28/06/2017 at 17:17, Argh said:

If they had a post-BB season it could include a return for non-BB characters like Kim, assuming she survives - Jimmy finally cracks and looks her up. Even Chuck is a possibility, I guess, something Jimmy can't bear leaving unresolved.

He installed them whilst fixing the door that Jimmy bust through. In BB they showed him carefully removing bugs etc after making use of them, but I don't remember him doing that after recording Chuck.

There is a theory that it wasn't actually moving at all and was in Chuck's head. Apparently the numbers on the meter never changed and it was going fast enough that they should have over that much time.

Maybe over-analysis though.

18 hours ago, JohnC said:

There is a theory that it wasn't actually moving at all and was in Chuck's head. Apparently the numbers on the meter never changed and it was going fast enough that they should have over that much time.

Maybe over-analysis though.

In 'talking saul' someone definitely implied it was all in chucks head - i mean wasnt that dude almost sanctioned in the first season?

Really, really enjoyed this season. I love the gradual way that my attitude to Jimmy changed as time goes on, so that at the end of series one, I thought he was hard done-by, at the end of series two I agreed with Chuck that he was far too reckless to be a lawyer, and by the end of series three I thought he's an almost irredeemably awful human being, full stop. He's super-charming and fun to watch, but he's scum.

I'm still quite sympathetic to Jimmy, really. His document tampering was basically righteous, and he had to act to survive with Chuck in the courtroom. Whenever he's up against Chuck he has to play dirty to stand a chance (which I think Chuck knows full well - he just underestimated Jimmy's capabilities there). The old lady shenanigans were unconscionable, but he realised that and paid a price - this season was mainly about paying the price, I'd say. Eventually Jimmy will get better at skipping the bill, which I think is how Saul will emerge. But I think he's redeemable at the moment, even if he has to redeem himself. That might well change drastically at the start of season four.

On 7/7/2017 at 19:58, Rowan Morrison said:

I'm still quite sympathetic to Jimmy, really. His document tampering was basically righteous, and he had to act to survive with Chuck in the courtroom. Whenever he's up against Chuck he has to play dirty to stand a chance (which I think Chuck knows full well - he just underestimated Jimmy's capabilities there). The old lady shenanigans were unconscionable, but he realised that and paid a price - this season was mainly about paying the price, I'd say. Eventually Jimmy will get better at skipping the bill, which I think is how Saul will emerge. But I think he's redeemable at the moment, even if he has to redeem himself. That might well change drastically at the start of season four.

I think any level headed person would be. It was easy to see he was uncomfortable when he was about to scam the lady and he seems to be playing a 1-up game with his brother (which i can relate to sibling rivalrys) though he obviously actually cares about his brother unlike chuck.

Heres the thing, he scammed the lady and it fucked her up for a while and I was thinking "alright, now we're getting to saul, just a few more scams/lack of remorse and we're there" - but then the next episode he spent it fixing his mistake, at a huge cost to himself.... which is kind of the most selfless thing he's done so far - literally destroying his career becuase he's worried about the feelings of an old lady (showing he actually cares for his clients on a personal level, or at least has enough empathy to fix his wrong doings)...

So on one hand im happy because he made it all right, and it made me feel warm and fuzzy (the depressed old lady scenes were so gut-wrenching) - but on the other hand his moral compass seems to be pointing north again, and we've only got so far before he becomes scummy-ol-Saul. He gotta step up his mean-game... maybe I should watch BB for the 4th time with this new perspective on Jimmy