IGNORED

Better Call Saul!

Doctor Shark

That was proper Breaking Bad levels of good. 

I mean,lots of BCS is very very good, perhaps even better than a lot of BB, but it's its own style of good. A more subtle, nuanced good rather than BB's full-on balls-out good. 

But that was BB good. It could have been an episode from BB at its peak, around series 4 when Walter is dealing with Fring. 

Its almost like the two shows are created/directed/written by the same people or something. 

7 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

Regarding Nacho and Hector...

Hide contents

I seem to remember there were at least several incredibly tense episodes where Nacho was planning and then attempting to swap Hector's drugs by swapping them out in Hector's jacket pocket.

Aaah yes it's all coming back to me!

I really do need a rewatch though. Maybe next year, once the dust has settled a bit after the final season.

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

What was that opening scene about? 

Spoiler

Showed where Nacho died (and was probably buried) possibly long after the events, at the very least long enough for a flower to grow

I watched the “Better Call Saul” episode of BB this morning and Saul is still way more of a douche than the Saul we currently have (in the past, but y’know), they still have some more work to get him to be the complete waste of skin he becomes.

Also so much of the BCS show hinges on some throwaway lines about him having bad knees, mentioning Nacho and Lalo. They did some great work fleshing his backstory out from that.

- In TV threads please use spoilers up until 8pm the day after first transmission

This episode was available for the first time in this country on Tuesday, it’s now Thursday evening.

13 minutes ago, Harsin said:

This episode was available for the first time in this country on Tuesday, it’s now Thursday evening.

Most other people post things like you did with spoilers as they are aware that not everyone watch streamed stuff as soon as they are able. 

Up to you but I'd spoiler a post like yours if I posted it.

Also, as a general point, usually whenever I'm discussing a show, even an older one in some threads, I'll generally spoiler major plot events in the context of a discussion, because for really good shows and films, I want other people to be able to come to them as fresh as I did. It's so hard to maintain mystery with stuff these days as it is. You can assume if people are desperate to avoid spoilers in a show they will of course avoid the thread of them, but when you're into multiple seasons it can get tricky for those coming across them for the first time. I had to be careful when I was doing my rewatch for example but wanting to post about it in here, because two new episodes were out and I'd not seen them yet. I just like the idea that everyone gets to experience this stuff fresh.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Hide contents

Showed where Nacho died (and was probably buried) possibly long after the events, at the very least long enough for a flower to grow

Spoiler

I assume the piece of glass that the rain was pitter-pattering on was the same glass that Nacho used to cut his zip tie?

27 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand Nacho's storyline.

Reveal hidden contents

Took me reading on here to realise that he was always  going to die as soon as he agreed to Mike rescuing him.

Spoiler

As soon as he called his dad

I can’t believe I’ve gone through the whole of BCS falsely remembering Nacho as being in Breaking Bad…I thought he was one of the dudes they get into trouble with when they first have the van!

The events of this episode were a complete surprise.

Episode 3 was fantastic. However a special FUCK YOU to youtube which has now ruined two character outcomes for me 8 years apart with their fuckin thumbnails and algorithms. 

Spoiler

Gus in BB was spoiled 8 years ago and yesterday Nacho BCS was spoiled. 

Fucks sake. 

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

I can’t believe I’ve gone through the whole of BCS falsely remembering Nacho as being in Breaking Bad…I thought he was one of the dudes they get into trouble with when they first have the van!

I had this when I first started watching BCS. But then I quickly researched the character and was stunned to find out that he actually hadn't been on BB! 

I think I recall this from an earlier series of this but aren't Nacho & Lalo only mentioned once in Breaking Bad by Saul in a scene when he gets kidnapped and held at gunpoint, everything in this is spun out from those single mentions.

4 hours ago, ZOK said:

The events of this episode were a complete surprise.

I was exactly the same

Spoiler

I got (almost) all the way through that episode thinking 'I know Nacho survives, but I wonder how he's going to get out of this...'