Better Call Saul!

Captain Kelsten

I liked how 

Spoiler

Jimmy said that Lalo was “allegedly” in the ground when on the phone to Kim. Still can’t fully believe it after his last Lazarus move (Lalozarus?). 

The scene with Kim and Howard’s wife - made me wonder if they would eventually find Howard’s body. I actually can’t remember if anything happens to the lab at the end of BB.

1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

I liked how 

Hide contents

Jimmy said that Lalo was “allegedly” in the ground when on the phone to Kim. Still can’t fully believe it after his last Lazarus move (Lalozarus?). 

The scene with Kim and Howard’s wife - made me wonder if they would eventually find Howard’s body. I actually can’t remember if anything happens to the lab at the end of BB.

In BB

Spoiler

Jessie and Walt torch the lab and set the alarm off so all the laundry workers evacuate.  

I assume that would cause a fair bit of damage and we never hear what happens, but I assume the remains of the lab/tunnel would be enough for the feds to sort out without them digging into the foundations?

4 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

I find

Hide contents

an older Aaron Paul to be an easier sell than the chunkier Jesse Plemons in El Camino.

Totally opposite for me. I really thought he was good in EC.

3 hours ago, Down by Law said:

I thought his appearance in last nights episode was much better than the previous one because he actually sounded more like his younger self and he nailed the manerisms too.

That’s just the problem, he didn’t nail it at all. It was like he’d never played Jesse, more like someone had watched the show and told him what the character was like, then he had a crack at it.

And they went with the first take.

I should say I just started rewatching BB again, and am at the bit in S2 where Jesse gets kicked out by his parents and thus meets his goth girlfriend landlord, so it probably seems even worse to me.

15 hours ago, Benny said:

Oh and also, dramatic irony klaxon:

Reveal hidden contents

Old lady he taught how to use the internet to get her confidence... Uses it! Oops.

Spoiler

Also, it would be poetic justice if he’s brought down by the actions of a pensioner, given that’s the demographic whom Jimmy/Saul started his legal career on, and also given it’s implied that his share of the Sandpiper payment was seed capital for his practice as Saul Goodman…

2 hours ago, Capwn said:

How will it all end? Will the closing scene be able to top this years best closing scene of a TV show?

This one from Ricky Gervais's AfterLife?

Hide contents

Wtf is that mawkish shite 😂

Spoiler

Kim's admission made me think of the confession scene from 'The Shield' - now i'm thinking a similair scene might be on the cards for Saul, with a bit of Daniel Plainview's baptism from 'There Will be Blood' but instead of, 'I've abandoned my child!' it'll be, 'I murdered my brother!'

I wasn't too keen on the opening of the last episode, it seemed like it was an alternate universe Kim, a Kim who never thought to become a lawyer and ventured to Albuquerque. Then I realised that's probably the point, isn't it? she completely regressed to protect herself.

16 hours ago, Capwn said:

regarding chuck...

Hide contents

Did we see Saul kill Chuck? I honestly can't remember how he came to be sitting in a house set on fire.

Spoiler

Jimmy let slip to the lawyer insurance company that Chuck had a breakdown in court, which led to higher premiums, Chuck's forced retirement and Howard buying out his partnership, which led to his decline and self immolation.

Howard blamed himself, which led to his post funeral confession when Jimmy replied, 'that's your cross to bear'

So he didn't kill him directly but his actions had repercussions that led to it.

Picked this up from the Guardian recap comments 

Spoiler

Regarding 'Florida Kim'  - apparently she is meant to be so untrusting of her own instincts and judgement after what went down with Jimmy that she can't bring herself to express an opinion or view on anything any more. It's discussed in the show podcast apparently.

I thought it was fantastically done, the emotional gut punches in this show really hit when they need to and I found watching her living that life of drudgery heartbreaking, I thought she was out of it on anti depressants or something she seemed like such a shell of herself with that meathead boyfriend.

That said she did still bring herself to lie once more for Jimmy when putting in her confession and telling Howard's widow that she didn't know if he was dead or alive.

I was actually just thinking about that as well. It's insane how many Emmy nominations this show has received, and yet not won one. Insanity. It's some of the best television I have ever seen.

Oh my, this is a rather great breakdown of Rhea Seehorn's acting and why it makes Kim into such an interesting and great character.

Very light on spoilers for the current season as well. Nothing from the last episode for instance, for those not yet caught up.

The same channel has similar overview's for Odenkirk and Cranston in BB.

On the subject of actors, during the last scene we saw in the show with

Spoiler

Mike, when he's talking to Saul in the BB flashback about eligible clients, I got the impression that might be the last scene Jonathan Banks and Bob Odenkirk were filming together. Now, I might be crazy, but it sounded a little bit like Jonathan Bank's voice broke a little when delivering the last line - and I figured wow yes, it probably would be emotional trying to film the last of BCS. Jonathan Banks actually got quite emotional in one of their readings for BCS as he was just so happy to be working with everyone again on BCS after BB. He seems like a softy really.

Predictions for the last episode:

Spoiler

It seems circular for me that the show ends with him in court, representing himself. The last time he can be a lawyer. 

with the affidavit submitted by Kim, she’s called as a prosecution witness and their cross examination cuts through all the lies and the bullshit and it’s heartbreaking. 

screen cuts to black as the judge announces the verdict. 

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

Predictions for the last episode:

Reveal hidden contents

It seems circular for me that the show ends with him in court, representing himself. The last time he can be a lawyer. 

with the affidavit submitted by Kim, she’s called as a prosecution witness and their cross examination cuts through all the lies and the bullshit and it’s heartbreaking. 

screen cuts to black as the judge announces the verdict. 

200.gif

It's finally happened. A story suggestion on the internet that isn't total shite. I'd watch the hell out of that ep!

You know, when they were having that barbecue with the talk of Miracle Whip and the Pina Colada song playing, I was genuinely confused that we were having a 70s flashback for some reason. Was Kim playing her mum or something, I thought. Took me a minute to understand.

Rhea Seehorn was fucking amazing in that episode. I mean, she’s always brilliant, but that was an extra special performance. And Bob was great too.

Spoiler

Quite a turn for Gene towards the end, firstly with the robbery and what he was prepared to do to escape, and secondly with Marion. That was some sinister shit - I’m glad he ultimately didn’t go through with it.

9 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Its criminal Rhea Seehorn hasn’t won awards for her role. Absolutely fantastic from day one. 

Shes finally been nominated this year, but I 100% agree it shouldn't have taken this long.

There a so many ways the final episode could go.

I have every confidence that it will be done tremendously even if Jimmy’s fate isn’t the one you’d prefer, but then I don’t  even know what I want to happen to him anymore?

Quite the achievement going into the last episode of one of the best tv series ever made on a prequel to one of the other best tv series any made and I’ve got no clue if I want the main character to have a happy or sad ending nor what sort of ending he will actually get.