IGNORED

HELLO LADIES - Steve Merchant's HBO comedy series

Jack Walsh's coffee shop

New episode isn't as strong as last week, I just wasn't enjoying the sub plot at all with the woman whose name escapes me even after several episodes. Last episode next week :( No idea if it's doing well. Hope so as it deserves another series. My worry is that they will give Stewart a good ending next week just incase it was to be canceled. But you'd think giving him an unhappy ending would make more people want another series to see him resolve his unhappy life.

So I was wondering where certain people are from in this. My cousin swore blind that the actress playing Jessica is the same one what played the Child Empress from THE NEVER ENDING STORY, she was so wrong.

Have seen the fella who plays Nate in SHE'S OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE, which makes me hope TJ Miller shows up in a later episode.

Did recognize the actress who played Annie in the 3rd episode from 21 JUMP STRESS and also THE OFFICE. Thing is, she has a reel on a Vimeo Page:

And it says this video was uploaded three years ago. Unless this is glitch, this means the third episode was in fact the pilot and it was filmed back in 2010, thus waiting maybe 18months to 2 years to get greenlit for a full series by HBO execs. :coffee:

Just watched the episode where he goes for a night out with the contractors/builders in Long Beach. The scene

where they're going to "fuck someone up"

and he's rolling with them, hanging at the back by the condiments counter, pretending to read the takeaway menu.

:hat:

That and the excuse he gives the bouncer in the men's toilets. :facepalm:

Really warming to it. Think he's managed to exceed the original office when it comes to painful awkward scenes, which is no small feat.

And it says this video was uploaded three years ago. Unless this is glitch, this means the third episode was in fact the pilot and it was filmed back in 2010, thus waiting maybe 18months to 2 years to get greenlit for a full series by HBO execs. :coffee:

Not quite sure how Vimeo's date stamping works, but maybe her reel was originally uploaded 3 years ago without the 'Hello Ladies' footage, and then re-uploaded with her newer material on it?

Regardless, she's purty.

Accidentally came across a review video of the wedding episode on youtube. So frustrating,

they were all hoping Stewart and 'the woman who name escapes me' would get it on there and then. They also said they would be annoyed if the end of the final episode doesn't see Stewart find happiness. Apparently they were cheering when Stewart got the message from the model in the hallway. WTF? She is portrayed as a horrible person, why would him being with her be a good thing?

I saw a programme of Merchant's Hello Ladies stand-up show on E4 the other week (it's probably been repeated loads of times, I never saw it before). It's interesting that some of his stand-up bits have made it into the HBO show.

For example: "What's he like?" "He's like a cunt."

• 2 months later...

didn't know this existed. is it worth downloading? i love the Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington team but not sure about him as a solo act. also loved Derek, it made me cry. one of my favourite shows.

Definitely worth a look if you are a fan!

That's so disappointing, it's probably one of my favourite shows for the last few years. To be honest, I think Merchant's style of writing / comedy is much more suited to a British audience.

As series set in London could be good - I can't imagine the characters working as well with an all English cast though.

• 9 months later...