IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

Finally got on - opened my 21 packs - was ok, got two legendaries but fairly meh ones - gorok the impaler but I don't play much aggro but could be good in zoo and the hunter one that kills everything that takes damage in the brawl. I have over 9000 dust though - so I'm just going to see how the meta settles and then just craft shit up.

Got in for a while on iOS, not sure if common knowledge but in the shop 7 packs was £2.29, I bought 4 lots - the confirmation message said 2 packs but it definitely credited me with 7. My lad had the same on his iPhone. May be iOS only glitch.

Also had this. Bought a couple

3 legendaries from 46 packs

Chillmaw, rhonin and aviana. 102 new cards. 500 dust. Crafted Varian - as he looks like the best card.

I managed to get Chillmaw which is *possibly* the best legendary this set has, It certainly makes Dragon control decks a lot better. Anubarek is the other one I got, which I think is a good card but just doesn't fit the type of Rogue I play.. Other than that it's been fairly meh... For 50 packs I got 2 legendaries and a handfull of epics and golds, I swear drops have been getting worse and worse.

Something of a mixed evening here. Spent my 2000 or so gold on packs, got 5 of the mispriced iOS 7-packs, and then accidentally 2 more after they fixed the misprice which thus came out as 2-packs. Still, can't complain at 39 packs for about 15 quid. In terms of what I got from those packs...

Eadric, Confessor Paletress and Wilfred Fizzlebang - plus about 17 copies of Mukla's champion.

Paletress actually fits quite neatly into my main priest deck - a bit patchy, but has turned out a couple of game-winning legendaries already. You do need some good rng on the first inspire, though, as its most likely the only chance you're going to get.

Opened 15 packs so far. Pretty meh. 2 Epics. I agree with whoever said drops are getting worse. Long gone are the days where I'd pull legendary Dragons. I did get a Darnassus Aspirant though, so that's 100 dust saved. Straight into my Ramp Druid deck, will see how good it actually is! :)

Oh, got two Ball Of Spiders, obviously <_<

Got in for a while on iOS, not sure if common knowledge but in the shop 7 packs was £2.29, I bought 4 lots - the confirmation message said 2 packs but it definitely credited me with 7. My lad had the same on his iPhone. May be iOS only glitch.

Heads-up - purchasing two packs on iOS now gives you two packs rather than seven :)

[edit] Also that was probably the least satisfying £2.29 I've spent in a long while. Three Tournament Attendees out of two packs!

4 legends all in all. Two sky captains. The most caller and I forget the other. Fairly chuffed with mist calmer as if have been crafting him other wise. Currently trying out a totem deck with alrightish results.

Time to start building odd decks.

I've a Druid deck with loads of dragons and aviana in that is entertaining when it works though attracts silences like you wouldn't believe.

Play aviana and a big hitter on turn ten, (preferably chillmaw) and If aviana survives you are able to drop a board full of legends

I can see chillmaw ruining aggro decks if you can get it out

Also built a shaman totem deck but it's all shaman cards at the moment so that will need some tweaking!

Put Varian straight into my control warrior. He must be shy as I haven't seen him yet. :(

Might see about a warrior taunt deck with dragons in as well.

I've opened around 60 and got Chillmaw, two of the new Pirate legendary (which I'm fine with - when I'd got basically everything else I wanted pre-expansion I made all the Pirates and Murlocs, so I'm all for getting the gimmicky ones for free, and will probably make a Pirate Rogue now), Eadric the Pure, Acid Maw, and that 'bot that takes any damage intended for your hero. Also got a bunch of Epics (including some of the good ones - Lock 'n' Load, the new Dragon taunt), so a very nice haul altogether.

Feels even better now though - I know accepted wisdom is to wait and see how the meta falls, but I like instant gratification (and fun), so I dusted the Maw and Boltshield (as well as some of the less inspiring Epics) and now have Varian Wrynn and The Mistcaller instead. Now I have a fun Totem deck and slightly absurd Dragon Control Warrior to play around with, so I'm comfortable with my choices. :D

Haven't bothered trying out a mage deck as it seems you'll need lots of Inspire cards to make it viable, and don't want to have to craft atm.

Is the new reward system for ranks live now?

I've had notifications each rank that I have a chest to open at the end of the season, so it's definitely live

I hit rank 10 but dropped back to 11. I think 7 is my highest ever rank. 5 seems unattainable with my current level of skill/commitment

My biggest problem with constructed is that I love playing mage. But it's level 60 and golden so I feel it's a waste to be playing mage when I could be levelling other characters, but none of them are as good.

Of the next most used classes

I've a tidy control warrior and patron warrior setup but I'm not very good.(150 odd ranked wins)

Hunter feels dirty and wrong (330 odd ranked wins from the old days when beasts worked before face ruled). Might try a beast deck with ball of spiders.

I don't have the right cards yet for a good demon deck, namely jaraxxus and malganis (150 odd ranked wins)

and shaman is hard work. (30 odd ranked wins!)

But I have the 2 good mage legends, both priest legends, I could play priest for a bit. Hmmm.

I got to rank 6 only 9 days into the season just playing it casually . I thought I might go for legend. I then had a row of about 10 losses in a row including one where a hunter had one card in hand, no weapon and no minions. I had 9 health and with one card in his hand I looked OK. My board was full of patrons. The one card was quick shot. He drew another quick shot. He drew Wolf rider. Gg ranked. Gg

Grim patron is a dick deck. No defence. But everyone should play a bit of it. It will make you a better player because you have to go through these insanely complicated turns with optimum sequencing in such a stringent time limit. Horrible to play against but great fun to try and learn from it. I suck with patron BTW my win rate is rubbish with it. I'm better with control warrior

Grim patron is a dick deck. No defence. But everyone should play a bit of it. It will make you a better player because you have to go through these insanely complicated turns with optimum sequencing in such a stringent time limit. Horrible to play against but great fun to try and learn from it. I suck with patron BTW my win rate is rubbish with it. I'm better with control warrior

I love patron, I'm not apologetic. When it works it's glorious. when it doesn't you lose. I'm also not very good with it. sometimes you just don't get the right cards and you're left with nothing to use. It needs a bit more skill than simple zerging though.

So yeah, it's a dick deck, but all the best decks are dicks.

Ramp druid? dick.

mechmage? dick

Handlock, zoolock? dick, dick.

Facehunter and that paladin one with all the sheilds ? Dicks.

reservoir-diner.png

So. I've been playing around at lunch.

Hunter deck with beasts, 2 x ball of spiders and feign death is hilarious. No charge cards, just old fashioned hunter.

Warrior with lots of taunts - also great. played one game turn 2 - executed an enemy deathlord and varian popped out. So I miss the battlecry but 7/7 on turn 2? gg

Changed my secrets mage deck to now have 14 secrets plus rhonin & antonidas, it's also very fun

My shaman deck is crap though, cant make it work despite all the synergy, it's got no early game