IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

My shaman deck is crap though, cant make it work despite all the synergy, it's got no early game

Totem Golem alone should give you a decent early game. Creepers, Rockbiter, Tuskarr Totemic as well.

I did quite well with Shaman last night after throwing in some Draenei Totemcarvers. T2 Golem into T3 Tuskarr gives you a 6/6 T4 Totemcarver in a perfect world. I dunno whether it's viable in the long run but it's fun for now!

Hunter deck with beasts, 2 x ball of spiders and feign death is hilarious. No charge cards, just old fashioned hunter.

Oh a use for all my Ball Of Spiders and Feign Deaths! Definitely gonna try this. Shame that things like Call Pet and Gazrilla never really worked out, cool cards.

Totem Golem alone should give you a decent early game. Creepers, Rockbiter, Tuskarr Totemic as well.

I did quite well with Shaman last night after throwing in some Draenei Totemcarvers. T2 Golem into T3 Tuskarr gives you a 6/6 T4 Totemcarver in a perfect world. I dunno whether it's viable in the long run but it's fun for now!

I cant seem to get the balance right, or I'm just unlucky with drops.

Hadn't tried creepers yet. Golem is good, as is tuskar. Haven't survived long enough in a game for totem carvers to be an issue.

Grim patron is a dick deck. No defence. But everyone should play a bit of it. It will make you a better player because you have to go through these insanely complicated turns with optimum sequencing in such a stringent time limit. Horrible to play against but great fun to try and learn from it. I suck with patron BTW my win rate is rubbish with it. I'm better with control warrior

I feel this way about Handlock as well. I *hate* playing against it, but then go back to playing as it and remember that it's actually quite complicated and find myself making loads of mistakes.

Grim patron is a dick deck. No defence. But everyone should play a bit of it. It will make you a better player because you have to go through these insanely complicated turns with optimum sequencing in such a stringent time limit. Horrible to play against but great fun to try and learn from it. I suck with patron BTW my win rate is rubbish with it. I'm better with control warrior

I feel this way about Handlock as well. I *hate* playing against it, but then go back to playing as it and remember that it's actually quite complicated and find myself making loads of mistakes.

I really like playing constructed shortly after new cards have been released. It all seems so fresh and you get some really interesting games. Couple of examples from lunch:

Game as Handlock against Control Warrior. I Recombobulated a Healbot into a Fel Reaver. He had a Sylvanas out, so I bobbed it into it, 1/4 chance he steals it as an 8-3, so obviously he does. Mill him for 12 cards and win.

Game as Mllrrgggadin vs some sort of Joust/Inspire Paladin. I lost all the jousts, had my board wiped with Equality-Consecration. Managed to make a Murloc Knight stick on the board. Got 2 Siltfins from it. Bashed through Tirion, and other taunts and divine shields. Healed with my Truesilver to survive by one health against the Ashbringer and got an Old Murc Eye lethal in. Felt good! :)

I made a win with my shaman, made some horrible misplays but i think it's improving

need to ditch the ancestral call / earth elemental shenanigans as it never comes off.

Am loving* that despite new cards out i'm playing my just made up on the spot decks in casual and have faced 2 vanilla mech mages, 3 face hunters and a tempo mage. What is wrong with people?

*not actually loving

Did anyone get (either of) the Wonder Twins? (The three-drop legendaries Lightbane and Darkbane.) I like the idea of running both of them like turbocharged Spellmasters in Priest/Paladin decks, but wondered how viable it is...

I love when a new expansion is out and/or I have loads of new cards to play with. The only one of my classes I don't think I'm going to be playing with the deck of much tonight is my Warlock, and that's only because I don't think Handlock is going to need/get much in the way of changes, and I've got 500 wins with him already.

Oh, and Hunter, unless I can think of something clever to do with him. Was playing a Murloc deck at the end of last week and brought up 500 on him too, despite him still being pretty much my least favourite class.

I made a win with my shaman, made some horrible misplays but i think it's improving

need to ditch the ancestral call / earth elemental shenanigans as it never comes off.

Am loving* that despite new cards out i'm playing my just made up on the spot decks in casual and have faced 2 vanilla mech mages, 3 face hunters and a tempo mage. What is wrong with people?

*not actually loving

I think I saw 3 new cards in around six matches last night. Boring. I was beaten a lot but still c'mon. I want hear the new card sounds, not be butchered by your regular face hunter.

Slowly getting Totems to work I think. Totemic is a gentleman even if he does sound a bit like a bumpkin.

I was well beaten by a Paladin last night who used Justicar, Muster and Quartermaster to good effect. It was one of those games where you could see what was going to happen and I was praying for AoE from my deck, but nope.

Paladins seem to be doing really well with the new cards. Been given a few real batterings.

Testing new decks in casual - I swear

When I rule the world anyone that plays net deck mechmage or face hunter in casual is getting bummed hard in the gob by a syphillitic rhino.

Opened another 5 packs, two Justiciar Flamehearts.

:o

Just finished opening packs. 70 in total. 11 Epics, 2 Golden Rares, 1 Golden Epic and 2 Legendaries (Fizzlebang and the Skelton King). Not sure how that shapes up. Seems ok.

Got some good Druid cards (mulch! And 2x Darnassus Aspirant) and loads of totem synergy stuff. Plus some decent paladin cards. Gonna be fun to tinker around with.

Got 1400 or so dust now, trying to resist the temptation to (dust some stuff and) spend it on Justicar. Definitely the most intriguing card for me now.

In other news, Shaman is back, and I am loving it. I have a deck including all three Shaman legendaries (and only other cards that fit the general theme), and not only is it viable but I've just had a winning streak that got me up to rank 7. Only a very poor draw against a very unimaginative (and lucky) Control Warrior has slowed me down as yet, and I've played some Zoo, Paladins of various flavours and a couple of Druids too. Also had some success with a Pirate Rogue and Dragon Mage and Warrior decks, but Shaman is my favourite at the moment (again). :D

Not got many of the new cards yet, but have slipped Flame Lance into my Mech Mage deck. Great at removal for the big minions late game. Just had someone use a Faceless Manipulator on my Rag and was able to blast it next turn. Good for burning down minions against priests where the health can be crazy numbers, so works in a slightly different set of circumstances to Big Game Hunter.

My final tally from the 50 packs I opened...

4 legendary (Justicar Trueheart x2, The Mistcaller and Confessor Paletress)

10 epic

55 rare

1190 dust from duplicates.

Pretty pleased with that. That should be enough dust to craft most of the cards that I wanted that I didn't pull from packs. I mostly play Priest and Shaman as well, so it was pretty nice to get the class legendaries for them both.

There's a good breakdown here if you want to see how unlucky/lucky you were with pack openings.

I got from 46 packs:

3 legends

9 epics (1 gold)

3 gold rare

2 gold common

enough dust to make Varian wrynn.

I need more deck slots - always happens when new cards come out

Anyone made a good paladin murloc deck yet?

Anyone made a good paladin murloc deck yet?

I've made one that seems alright. Can't remember it exactly but something like:

2x Murloc Warleader

2x Coldlight Seer

2x Coldlight Oracle

2x Murloc Tidehunter

2x Murloc Tidecaller

2x Murloc Knight (so OP)

2x Bluegill

2x Puddlestomper

1 or 2 Grimscales

Old Murc Eye

1x Consecration

1x Truesilver

2x Divine Favour

1x Jeeves

1x Argent Protector

2x Avenge

1x Competitive Spirit

2x Muster

1x Blessing of Kings

I got 2 Fencing Coaches last night, so may try those because fencing coach into Murloc Knight on turn 4 seems game winning. But not sure it synergises with the rest of the deck enough. Also haven't really got any use out of Jeeves, so questioning whether he's necessary. I suspect Competitive Spirit isn't that good, Blessing of Might might be better. But it's new so I'm trying it.

Also synergises slightly with Avenge, because your opponent can't play around both without clearing the whole board in one action. When it's obviously avenge, opponents just go face. But if it's Comp Spirit, then they get punished for that.

Murloc knight looks good, haven't had chance to use it yet, though I built a pally deck at lunch with that card that plays secrets for you. Mysterious challenger.

1 of each secret in your deck. Played him turn 6 - 5 different secrets played at once. Such value. Much concede.

So the deck is about 7 secrets, then a bunch of silver hand synergy cards (muster, quartermaster, warhorse, regent, sword of justice) and usual pally guff (truesilver, aldor, consecrate, sheildbot, equality) , murloc knights, old murk eye, murloc warleader and dr.boom. (because dr.boom) and an emergency lay on hands for healing.

Ball of spiders and feign death is great, got me the 2 new legends and gazrilla already from that.