IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

I know, I didn't manage it either :). We could try having a fixed night of the week or something? If anyone fancies giving it another bash, I'd be up for it. Especially what with this expansion being called The Grand Tournament and everything.

I think a team tournament would be a lot of fun like amazs thingy has been hosting. Two teams of four or five rllmukers each should be doable and should bring comradery bants. I feel too much salt playing for myself lol

Would we have enough people for that? The last tournament only had 10 signups and even then half of them didn't play their matches on time.

I'd play - can make time during the week i reckon, though I'm always game if you see me on and playing.I think most people here have me on their lists

Dilemma

Real first world problems here - but - I just got the black knight from my brawl pack.

I already have a gold one, my only golden legendary, I got it in my first pack.

Do I dust the regular one for an epic? or the beautiful golden one for Justicar/mal'ganis/jarraxus?

hmmmm

I'm on most nights anyway, so I'd probably be up for something. As long as we all acknowledge that I unofficially won the previous tournament, because reasons.

Dragon decks seem to have been given a real boost this expansion, though in most cases I'm still not sure they're actually fully top tier. My Warrior is good, but misses some of the consistency given by some of the core Control cards you have to omit, I think. My Mage is really inconsistent too, and still struggles with Control Warrior. I think I want Rhonin so I can play with some of the new Tempo shenanigans for Mage now instead.

Dragon Priest* looks like the really good one so far, actually. Twilight Whelp is brilliant now there are more cards to activate it, and Twilight Protector is even better when you can heal it, or even boost it with Velen's Chosen. If one of my decks stays Dragon-themed, I think it'll be that one, as my previous Shadowform/thievery Priest, which is/was one of my favourite ever decks, has fallen further and further from grace.

i've no quests outstanding, I think, so unless I somehow manage to get that Rhonin, I think I'll play some Totem Shaman, Dragon Priest, and maybe Paladin and Druid tonight. I want to try something a bit different with Druid**, and I've got Mysterious Challenger(s), so I'll have a play with one of the decks that get him and/or Murloc Knight involved, I think.

* Reminds me, actually. Last night i was playing Priest and played a Mage who somehow got Vol'Jin from both his Unstable Portals. (God knows what the odds of that are). Then I Vol'Jinned his Vol'Jin, and there was a real and urgent need for an Xzibit meme/emote.

** The always irritating (as it is, in some ways, like a slightly less shitty Patron Warrior) Combo Druid seems to be very strong in this slightly slowed-down meta at the moment. Seeing as that deck has been gradually pissing me off more and more for months, this displeases me.

Dilemma

Real first world problems here - but - I just got the black knight from my brawl pack.

I already have a gold one, my only golden legendary, I got it in my first pack.

Do I dust the regular one for an epic? or the beautiful golden one for Justicar/mal'ganis/jarraxus?

hmmmm

I have literally no gold cards, bar the soulbound ones. I know they're pretty, but I don't care. They look weird unless your whole deck (and hero) is gold too, and they're generally worth (at least) a whole other card of your choosing. Whenever I open a pack and see a gold card inside these days I'm just pleased at the bonus dust. If I opened a golden legendary tonight, unless it was something amazing i didn't already have (and I'm not sure there are (m)any of those left just now) I'd just see Rhonin floating there instead.

One of the times I got a (semi-decent) golden legendary I dusted it almost immediately, made two each of the Molten and Mountain Giants, and started playing Handlock. It wasn't even a question.

So yeah, I'm at the exact opposite end of the spectrum to Uzi, basically.

I've dusted legends before, even ones that weren't duplicates - tink,milhouse and greenskin all went to dust as I knew they'd never get used but TBK I use a lot

Is it mad to have sentimental attachment to it? It is isn't it, i should nuke the gold one. I should. Might wait and see what the meta thinks of justicar before going in though

Also - combo druid is easy the single most annoying deck, it doesn't even take the skill of patron. As soon as the first shade drops, unless you are playing mage and have both flamestrikes ready, you're fucked.

If I opened a golden legendary tonight, unless it was something amazing i didn't already have (and I'm not sure there are (m)any of those left just now) I'd just see Rhonin floating there instead.

Got a gold Varian earlier. Had already crafted a Varian after the first swathe of packs I opened. Now I have a Rhonin. :D

Surprisingly enough, been trying out a tempo Mage since then (though I haven't had Rhonin's Deathrattle be activated yet). Put Ragnaros out onto an empty board* in my last game, against a Druid, but did have a couple of secrets out.

Effigy and Duplicate.

The Druid managed to kill Ragnaros on the next turn, which triggered Duplicate and put two more Ragnaros into my hand. Then Effigy was triggered and summoned... Ragnaros.

That was when the Druid conceded. :lol:

* I'd had a Scientist out the previous turn, and in my hand were Ragnaros, Rhonin and Antonidas, along with an Abusive Sergeant an Unstable Portal had summoned. The Druid played an Azure Drake, so I used the Sarge on the Scientist, but then it suddenly occurred to me that, bearing in mind what the secrets I had were, that Sergeant wasn't something I wanted triggering them, so I actually shot him myself using my hero power. I'd have loved to have known what the Druid was thinking at that point!

Not to piss on your chips, but. I always found when playing tempo that by the time you can play antonidas you've already won. I'm finding the same with rhonin.

It's been nice dusting down the Mage decks. They haven't seen much use since going gold as I have been trying to learn warrior.

I put 2 effigies in my already silly secrets deck. Very fun.

Finally had varian drop. He gave me 3 spells. Doh

Started an arena run, turn 2 a Mage plays portal then Milhouse. I have lock and load and a secret, which summons call pet and that brings out skill command and all of sudden things look good

Still think Millhouse is the worst card in the game, and still can't bring myself to dust mine. I played him in the Tavern Brawl last night, opponent countered with Antonidas. GG. But only after he spent about a minute fireballing everything he possibly could without losing. I thought he might give me the win at the end, but maybe he hadn't got his pack yet. Nature will rise against you.

Had some fun last night in Brawl, trying to complete my Warrior quests (I'm so bad at warrior, need to revisit my constructed deck, it's RUBBISH!), got Varian Wynn a couple of times and had both opponents concede as I pulled out fat legendaries :D

Also enjoying the tweaks I've made to my ramp druid, who now favours beasts and is making use of that new Knight of the Wild, was slightly gutted to learn the cost only drops when the card is in hand, but now I know that I've managed to played some beastly turns with him (or two of him!!). Quite fun using that Druid of the Fang too! Especially combined with Force of Nature & Savage Roar, I got some truly mean comebacks, killed one guy who had 20-odd health in a single turn! Ouch. I had about 3, he went for face instead of clearing the board. Gutted, mate.

Just need to unlock Emperor Tharissan to make my druid even nastier!

Is it just me or are there a lot of new players around? I'm seeing loads of people in casual with what look to be basic decks! Good for testing my new decks, at least! :D

Not to piss on your chips, but. I always found when playing tempo that by the time you can play antonidas you've already won. I'm finding the same with rhonin.

It's been nice dusting down the Mage decks. They haven't seen much use since going gold as I have been trying to learn warrior.

I put 2 effigies in my already silly secrets deck. Very fun.

Finally had varian drop. He gave me 3 spells. Doh

That's pretty much what happened to me all of last night too. I like that deck though. It's all dangerous small minions (Mad Scientist, Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker), spells, secrets and some fun and beefy legendaries (Antonidas, Rhonin, Raggy, Sylvanas, etc). I'll get annihilated by aggro every now and again, but isn't that always the way lately?

Oh, and my favourite Varian drop so far came against a Token Druid. I'd managed to keep his board pretty clear, and already had Chromaggus out, so the Varian drop gave me two Fiery War Axes (into my hand), and Grommash and Chillmaw onto the board. He conceded instantly. :lol:

I think the only one of my decks I haven't tweaked/completely redesigned now is my Warlock, but then I've had 500 wins with him for a while now, and Handlock doesn't need much tweaking at present, I think. I got Hunter to 500 the other day too, but have made a hugely experimental/weird looking Hunter built entirely around Lock and Load and spells, secrets and summons. I'll just have a play with that if I get a Hunter quest, i guess.

I've also got a great Mysterious Challenger/Silver Hand-themed Paladin deck I made (and had a winning streak with) last night, a Totem Shaman, Pirate Rogue, Dragon Warrior, Token Shaman and Dragon Priest, and am looking forward (with varying levels of enthusiasm) to playing all of them. I might try and ease the Dragons out sooner rather than later (depending on consistency) though, and I'm interested to see how some of the the new cards have affected the Priest class.

I've had some cracking luck with cards though - granted, I've definitely already opened over 70 packs, but I've somehow already drawn nine legendaries (with two gold)*, and through keeping or dusting them and/or some of my older, less used cards** (or gold new ones) I've somehow managed to end up with most of the (to me) really interesting cards from the new expansion already, as well as still having a nice little stockpile of dust for if anything else takes my fancy.

* Varian (gold), Boltshield, Acid Maw, and then two each of Chillmaw (one gold), Eadric and the Skycaptain. They (and some old shit) been turned into Varian Wrynn, Mistcaller, Justicar Trueheart, Rhonin, Chillmaw and a Skycaptain (amongst other things).

** I was hoarding a few less well-regarded legendary and epic cards to see if they finally found a home in the new meta. Turns out most somewhat crappy cards are still somewhat crappy, so I just binned them to make some of the interesting newness.

Anyone tried Dragon Priest yet? Seems pretty strong. Lost to one yesterday - Turn 1 Dragon Whelp, Turn 2 Wrymest Agent. Was over right there. He out aggroed me and I was playing Murloc Paladin.

EDIT: Actually just realised I have 2 Wrymest Agents, so going to give it a try. With Deathwing in for Chillmaw, and will craft one of those taunt dragons as well.

Ive pulled 2 golden legendaries. One was a golden Toshley I dusted since I already had the normal one, the other a golden Sneed Im keeping simply because its a source to have a look at the other golden legendaries. Some of them look really nice.

But in general, golden cards = dust.

Anyone tried Dragon Priest yet? Seems pretty strong. Lost to one yesterday - Turn 1 Dragon Whelp, Turn 2 Wrymest Agent. Was over right there. He out aggroed me and I was playing Murloc Paladin.

EDIT: Actually just realised I have 2 Wrymest Agents, so going to give it a try. With Deathwing in for Chillmaw, and will craft one of those taunt dragons as well.

Played a little the other day, and for the most part it's like a lot of other Dragon decks - really strong if you get a decent draw, but a little too slow at times when you don't. It's definitely one of the better/more consistent Dragon builds from what I've seen though, and Twilight Whelps/Defenders and Wyrmrest Agents can destroy aggro if you get the draw, not least because the Priest's hero power and cheap buffs can keep them out (and you alive) to nullify the pressure.

Tried a couple of games without the twilight whelps.. definitely need those taunts (the light shall burn you, face hunter in casual).. just don't know if they're worth spending 800 dust on. Dragon decks may still not be as strong enough, and they won't be played outside of them.

Really enjoying the Pally deck with Murloc knights, having tons of fun with this at the moment, each game seems winable for both players right down to the wire, it seems slower and more considered, they should throw the meta game up in the air like this more often.