IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

Another mention to the Murloc Knight. He's awesome. I'm terrified of him.

Playing Paladin is giving me the most trouble at the moment. With Muster, Knife Juggler, Murloc Knight, that lady who inspires another Silver Hand Recruit, Justicar Trueheart, Quartermaster and Truesilver there's always some sort of Paladin nonsense to worry about.

Yeah, this is another expansion that's been very kind to Paladin. I've been playing around with a deck with Mysterious Challenger, Murloc Knight, about six secrets and a seemingly endless supply of Silver Hand Recruits, and it's been very effective. People have been worried about leaving Recruits (or any token, depending on the deck) out for Paladins, mainly thanks to Quartermaster, and now it's even easier to get value out of them, so Paladin can be a bit of a nightmare if you don't have AoE. It can snowball very, very quickly.

Still playing with the Totem Shaman too. TGT has definitely helped massively with the class, though some of the usual Shaman problems (Overload, can be too reliant on RNG, limited card draw, a lot of the cards are a bit too situational, etc) can still be a bit of an issue. It's got some great cards in the expansion though, and the deck I've made with all three class legendaries is great fun, if slightly imbalanced (which is my fault, because I'm playing the cards I want to rather than the best ones in some cases).

The other class I keep going back to at present is the tempo Mage, and I've been loving that too. Managed an insane combo last night, where a Paladin with a life lead took out my Rhonin, but left the board clear for my turn. Played a Flamewaker, a Sorcerer's Apprentice, then a Fireball and 3 x Arcane Missiles. 25 damage. Game over.

Does anyone else think we're potentially going to get a lot more importance placed on AoE because of the expansion? Besides the regular aggro decks (and Patron Warrior), there are a lot of new cards/classes that can spawn a lot of small to mid-sized minions and swarm the board now, and I think there's a decent chance a lot of players/decks will try and counter that.

Yep. Mid range mage decks should be packing double flames trikes

I'm not as yet, just running the one at present, but that's only because the cheaper spells and/or Flamewakers tend to do a decent job of keeping it all under control. I will be keeping an eye on it though.

Anyone tried one of the new Shaman Malygos decks yet? I imagine it'll be about as inconsistent as most Malygos-reliant decks tend to be (though Ancestor's Call and Healing Wave will obviously help), but it looked fun, and I have enough (ie, almost all) of the Shaman cards that I'd probably be able to do it at a push...

Some interesting clarifications on how The Mistwalkers effect works. Note that some of the examples shown wont happen much at all, if ever, as he's using effects that barring some odd circumstances wouldnt happen (like a shaman having Gang Up), but it's nice to know that a priest cant thoughtsteal/mind vision your buffed minions.

Anyone tried Dragon Priest yet? Seems pretty strong. Lost to one yesterday - Turn 1 Dragon Whelp, Turn 2 Wrymest Agent. Was over right there. He out aggroed me and I was playing Murloc Paladin.

EDIT: Actually just realised I have 2 Wrymest Agents, so going to give it a try. With Deathwing in for Chillmaw, and will craft one of those taunt dragons as well.

I've been playing a little since TGT. Crafted myself a Twilight Guardian, and threw in a couple of Dragonkin Sorcerers as targets for Power Word: Shield and Velen's Chosen, in addition to be extra enablers for "holding a dragon". I've been having a lot more success with this than I have been with regular control Priest. You can get some incredible value out of your minions without too much difficulty, and it murders Face Hunter more often than not.

This is true! At least with a Hunter you didn't have to think too hard about what you were doing though - minimise the damage and survive long enough to turn the tables, and that was it. Easier said then done, sure, but still. When a Mysterious Challenger puts down four secrets it's a bit more of a head-scratcher...

Funnily enough, guess which class is the only one that can effectively counter the buggers, with a class card that destroys all the enemy secrets? That's right - Hunters! :lol:

On the plus side, nearly nine months after publicly announcing that Shaman was my favourite class and then crafting all of the legendaries (and most of the other cards), I can finally actually use the class on the ladder again. I've probably had more wins with Shaman since TGT came out than in the previous six months, and I'm having a whale of a time with a Totem deck that has all of the Shaman legendaries and (appropriate) new TGT cards. Possibly still not quite top tier, but it can beat down just about any other type of deck with a decent draw.

So yeah, I'm mainly just happy to have my Shaman back. :D

Secret Paladins everywhere! I agree though, better than facing a stream of Hunters.

Spot on, JDub. I've never been as high up the ladder or had more fun playing with Shaman than now. I even got my first salty hate request from someone. Very proud.

FxQ0gWK.png

I wouldn't mind, but I wasn't lucky at all! Played a blinder.

Entered the Hearthstone Tournament at Insomnia this weekend, lost 2, won 4 and sadly the last game was cancelled due to how long it ran over (2:30am for the the 6th match).

Didn't get top 16 but since I've heard that it wasn't really kept track of - little bit frustrated that I don't know where I ranked but it was such a mess anyway.

Still, good learning experience overall and I felt like I managed to level my game up a bit. :)

I was so close to getting rank 15 this month! Boo. Need to work on my game more, and will play more ranked now that I know you always get the reward for the best rank you reach, irrespective of how you finish the month! Feel bad that people think so badly of aggro paladins though, that's probably my favorite deck at the moment :( Playing muster for battle on turn 3 has won me a fair few games!

Seen some mages busting out flamewaker, what a beastly card. Pretty deep into that bloody Blackrock expansion though :( I'M NOT PAYING REAL MONEY FOR THAT.

Feel bad that people think so badly of aggro paladins though, that's probably my favorite deck at the moment :(

Ignore us. Everyone who has been playing too long and has all the expensive cards wants the meta to slow down so we can play all of them without getting battered by aggro decks like that, but until then you just keep doing what works for you. Why do you think my first classes to 500 wins were Warlock and Hunter? :lol:

Yeah was nice to pop open my chest today and get 2 golds (blue and standard) and some dust. Feels like a good change to ranked rewards.

And oh yeah. Got a spell/secret mage deck that can be bonkers - double flamewalkers and a mass of spells. If you can combo with Rhonin and/or Emporer Thaussian...so much death.

Yeah was nice to pop open my chest today and get 2 golds (blue and standard) and some dust. Feels like a good change to ranked rewards.

And oh yeah. Got a spell/secret mage deck that can be bonkers - double flamewalkers and a mass of spells. If you can combo with Rhonin and/or Emporer Thaussian...so much death.

Think I've been a bit greedy with mine and made the curve a bit high. Put Sylvanas and Raggy in there as well as Rhonin and Antonidas, and then I think the only other minions are the Flamewakers, Scientists, Apprentices and Mana Wyrms. It's beastly when it works, but a bad draw (which I've made more likely) means I get screwed more often than not by anything quicker than me out of the blocks, it can stall a bit in the middle of the games, and without the Mechs there's sometimes not enough spells to play with when Antonidas is out.

I really need to take some of those out and try and balance the deck, but it's like I said to dood...

...(I) has all the expensive cards (and) wants the meta to slow down so (I) can play all of them...

:P

Think I've been a bit greedy with mine and made the curve a bit high. Put Sylvanas and Raggy in there as well as Rhonin and Antonidas, and then I think the only other minions are the Flamewakers, Scientists, Apprentices and Mana Wyrms. It's beastly when it works, but a bad draw (which I've made more likely) means I get screwed more often than not by anything quicker than me out of the blocks, it can stall a bit in the middle of the games, and without the Mechs there's sometimes not enough spells to play with when Antonidas is out.

I really need to take some of those out and try and balance the deck, but it's like I said to dood...

:P

I played it with Nimmel on here - sounds very similar to you although I didn't have Sylvanas/Antonidas and put Thaussian instead of Raggy. Think I thought Chronus and a sludge belger in instead. Oh I had some of the Dalaran "play a free secret) cards as well.

I found the mana curve off as well although I found I was out of cards too quickly and at higher mana was drawing/playing with plenty mana left over.

I can't really articulate how much i dislike that aggro pally deck, but it's mainly sour grapes as i hate any deck that kills me by turn 5 while i'm waiting to play my deckful of 8 cost legends. It's a very effective deck, but like all aggro decks is horrible to play against unless you have an effective counter when you need it.

I've been messing around with my murloc paladin deck which has now ditched the secrets and mysterio for more buffs and minions (turns out that having 8 cards set up for a turn 6 move to play 6 of them is not too effective against anything on the ladder), it's still not there, but is fun tinkering with it.

I've also built a dragon priest deck having been beat by a few, with voljin and that other priest legend that does double damage, and chillmaw, and ysera, and alex. Is very fun when it works.

Got the gold rewards, 2 were useful warrior cards so kept those, and dusted the other. Still not been brave enough to dust my Gold TBK yet

You know what though? I haven't seen a single patron deck since the expansion came out.

Just had my most pleasing win in a while.

Possibly the point where I may be playing priest for some time.

Dragon priest vs aggro pally. I'm keeping him in check, just. Turn 8 I have 25 health, him 30. he drops tirion. I play sylvanas then shadow word death - on her. I take tirion.

He thinks a while then quits.

I've seen a couple of Patron decks, but I've been battering them for the most part. The Warrior class in general doesn't seem to like playing Shaman - if you play it right you can ruin all of Patron's combos, and you often have too many threats/removal spells for Control.

If that Paladin ran Tirion I'm guessing it was more midrange than aggro? I wasn't even playing Tirion in the midrange secrets Pally deck I knocked up last week (before it was cool, obviously). When I say aggro I mean Leper Gnomes, Wolfriders, Arcane Golems, etc.The midrange Paladins can get out of control fast, just because of the number of minions they can put out (and then potentially buff), but it's not really aggro.

The main issue I have with most of the Paladins I play now is that it's so hard to stem the tide. Practically every new card of theirs generates (multiple) other bodies, to go with the other sticky minions they favour, so it's frequently a constant uphill struggle to get any kind of board control, even with a Totem Shaman deck that's pretty good at that itself. If they play Argent Squire (or Zombie Chow), Shielded Minibot (or Haunted Creeper), Muster and then Piloted Shredder then you've got a real problem. Moreso if you haven't cleared the board of recruits and they've got a Quartermaster for turn 5. It's just relentless. And that's if they haven't got any bloody secrets down.

Hell, even if you clear the board at that point they can just put one of the new Inspire cards down and have three more tokens back on the board next turn.

That said, I did have a game against a Warrior the other day where I played Zombie Chow, then Totem Golem, then coined into a Tuskarr Totemic (which summoned another Totem Golem), and then played a Dranei Totemcarver on turn 4. For those scoring at home, that meant on turn 4 I'd had out a 2/3, 3/2, 2 x 3/4 and a 6/6. That was a crazy start.

Oh, and playing Mistcaller the turn after Neptulon (so has to be turn 8 or later) so you buff all the Murlocs as well as the rest of the minions in you hand and deck is also hilarious.

i love all the new Shaman cards. :D

I dunno jdub. It was the standard start of lepers, shieldbots, knife jugglers etc then boom tirion. I was a bit surprised to see it.

Just played Kripp. He's an arse. Had him 1 turn from lethal and he clawed it back. He was Playing a fairly netdeck warlock demon deck. Rush followed by jaraxus.

He spams "well played" and let's it rope out. Disappointing.

I love the idea of the shaman totem deck. But I never get the cards when I play it. I'll mulligan and still get boom, fire elemental and crackle in my opening hand.

Oh. That is a bit weird then. Odd to see Leper Gnome in anything but aggro, but the others you mention go in either deck. It's whether there are Charge minions that's normally the giveaway, but it's still odd to see the Gnomes in a deck with Tirion (I think).

I don't run Crackle in my Totem Shaman. I'm trying to think what spells I do run, and can only think of Earth Shock, Rockbiter, Lightning Storm and Hex. Everything else is minions, basically. Mine's a little different to most of the ones on the ladder* because, as per usual, I decided to stay true to the theme and/or use the new cards. Generally accepted wisdom would probably be that it's made the deck weaker (or certainly slower), but I've had pretty good results with it, and it's fun, so I'm good with it.

*.Mine is something like...

2 x Earth Shock

2 x Rockbiter

2 x Zombie Chow

2 x Flametongue Totem

2 x Haunted Creeper

2 x Totem Golem

1 x Mana Tide Totem

2 x Hex

2 x Lightning Storm

2 x Tuskarr Totemic

2 x Dranei Totemcarver

2 x Azure Drake

2 x Thunder Bluff Valiant

1 x Mistcaller

2 x Fire Elemental

1 x Neptulon

1 x Al'Akir

Most people haven't got Mistcaller, Neptulon, the Totemcarvers and one of the Chows, Earth Shocks or Valiants in there, I think. Folk are seemingly preferring Dr. Boom, Piloted Shredders, and Defenders of Argus, but I like mine better, partially because I'm a purist and partially for the surprise factor!

Just played a great brawl match as priest against a mage. I played northshire cleric turn 1, and we pinged back and forth, which gave me some extra cards. Then I coined out a ragnaros, and it turned out his secret was duplicate. Sadly for him, my ragnaros killed his copy at the end of the turn. Then he played kel thuzad, to bring something horrid back to life next turn, but I played sylvanas, killed her with shadow word death, and for a 1/3 chance took his kel thuzad, which then resurrected my sylvanas. I had raggy sylvanas and kelthuzad out when he quit.