IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

I love flamewalkers. As a finished, ronin dies you get 3 arcane missiles, then drop FW and all 3 for 15 damage, for 6 mana

The ladder is tough at the moment, some really good decks out there. Not made it past 14, which is unusual but i've been playing a lot of arena (badly)

Ladder is deadly today as everybody is scrambling for an extra rank before the season ends. I was on the verge of hitting 5 yesterday (one pesky star off) and this morning I've been knocked back two ranks. Ultra defensive decks seem to be the order of the day, turn 5 onwards all it is healbots, taunts and that bloody dragon that either reduces you to 15 or restores the to 15 (which happened to me today in an enemy I'd got down to 1). These decks are about as much fun to fight as dental surgery.

legendary?

13 now, on a lunchtime win streak!

EDIT - streak over - skill hunter

I'm likely misremembering the rewards, but don't you get two cards in your reward chest for reaching rank 15?

It's probably a rare, not an epic/legendary. My bad.

Per reddit :

All + card back

Rank 20 - 1 golden common card, 5 dust

Rank 19 - 1 golden common card, 10 dust

Rank 18 - 1 golden common card, 15 dust

Rank 17 - 1 golden common card, 20 dust

Rank 16 - 1 golden common card, 25 dust

Rank 15 - 1 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 5 dust

Rank 14 - 1 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 10 dust

Rank 13 - 1 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 15 dust

Rank 12 - 1 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 20 dust

Rank 11 - 1 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 25 dust

Rank 10 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 5 dust

Rank 9 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 10 dust

Rank 8 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 15 dust

Rank 7 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 20 dust

Rank 6 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden rare card, 25 dust

Rank 5 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden epic card, 5 dust

Rank 4 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden epic card, 10 dust

Rank 3 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden epic card, 15 dust

Rank 2 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden epic card, 20 dust

Rank 1 - 2 golden common card, 1 golden epic card, 25 dust

Boom is still the best legendary by miles, goes into any deck, almost always worth playing turn 7 no matter what.

What are you playing?

I've had a good day with my spell heavy tempo mage,

I'm not even sure there's a consensus choice for second, but Boom is definitely first. I'm still not over how lucky I was getting him in the first free GvG pack.

How's your Mage deck looking? Stuck with the secrets, or tried one without?

I'm not even sure there's a consensus choice for second, but Boom is definitely first. I'm still not over how lucky I was getting him in the first free GvG pack.

How's your Mage deck looking? Stuck with the secrets, or tried one without?

I nuked my massive secret deck a while back.

Current deck is 2 flame walkers, apprentices, wyrms - lots of cheap spells, ronin, boom, sylvanas, 3 secrets and a couple of other minions.

Ronin is missing off the bottom

Started playing midrange Hunter the other day for a quest and went on a win streak. I think it's become automatically my strongest deck just by virtue of existing. The more things change...

My midrange hunter deck is still my go to and hasn't changed since GvG. It's still the deck I win most with, and is prob the one I most enjoy. You generally have options to deal with most things, and plenty of interactions to get the most out of your cards. I'm also pretty sure Savannah Highmane is borderline OP as well.

I just had an immensely satisfying win with that deck over a freeze Mage. Managed to avoid his frost nova/doomsayer combo thanks to kill command and a weapon. He then Alex'd me down to 15 and proceeded to stall with secrets and more freezes fishing for his remaining frostbolt to use the 2 ice lances he had in his hand (which he played when he realised he'd lost) which would have killed me as he'd already fire balled me as well. It helped I had Rag out though, and he didn't play any minions aside from Antonidas which Rag promptly killed but at least Rag was kicking his nuts while I was waiting for him to cycle through his cards of extreme fuckery. I'm all for varied decks, but my god playing against someone you have lethal against who can stall you without actually healing who can then burst you down feels like utter bullshit.

There needs to be an "IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING FAAAAAAACE!!!" emote for such matches.

My midrange hunter deck is still my go to and hasn't changed since GvG. It's still the deck I win most with, and is prob the one I most enjoy. You generally have options to deal with most things, and plenty of interactions to get the most out of your cards. I'm also pretty sure Savannah Highmane is borderline OP as well.

I just had an immensely satisfying win with that deck over a freeze Mage. Managed to avoid his frost nova/doomsayer combo thanks to kill command and a weapon. He then Alex'd me down to 15 and proceeded to stall with secrets and more freezes fishing for his remaining frostbolt to use the 2 ice lances he had in his hand (which he played when he realised he'd lost) which would have killed me as he'd already fire balled me as well. It helped I had Rag out though, and he didn't play any minions aside from Antonidas which Rag promptly killed but at least Rag was kicking his nuts while I was waiting for him to cycle through his cards of extreme fuckery. I'm all for varied decks, but my god playing against someone you have lethal against who can stall you without actually healing who can then burst you down feels like utter bullshit.

There needs to be an "IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING FAAAAAAACE!!!" emote for such matches.

Highmane is basically a legendary, 6 point 6/5 that drops 2/2 behind when it dies? Come on. It's one of the best cards in the game and I'd love it if it were neutral

As for bullshit decks, freeze Mage is hard to play, there's plenty of "worse" decks out there, part of what makes it fun.

What do people love coming up against? Where you think, I'm just going to kick your arse. I love playing against mill decks, where you actively need to shed cards as quick as possible.

I hate Highmane. It has insane value. You're effectively getting a 10/9 for six mana. Six! You'd have to pay 9+ anywhere else for that. Mages and Shamans have easy answers in the shape of Polymorph and Hex, but everyone else struggles to efficiently remove them. Can't BGH it, laughs at Brawl, doesn't care about Equality, and has eaten your face long before you can cast Mind Control.

It'll never get nerfed, but I think it'd see just as much play if the main body was reduced to 5/4.

I've just come back to playing for the first time since pre GvG and whilst it still seems fun it also seems more frustrating. Just faced two crazy synergy mech decks which were just disheartening. It feels like murloc style decks all over the place. Some of the cards look overpowered to my old eyes but I'm sure I'm just out of date.

Of course it's going to at least partially be my old decks are a bit shit these days (and so am I). I guess I need to read up on new cards and build some new decks.

It can win from almost anywhere. Mercilessly beat a Paladin with an empty hand for like 3 turns yesterday when I popped a Dire Wolf Alpha from a top decked Webspinner. Didn't even need Highmane. I felt bad*.

*good.

Just had a really odd game against a Mage who'd gotten the golden Mage portrait. Assumed that meant was in for a scrap. Instead, they pass the first turn, play Unstable Portal on turn 2, play the Anima Golem they got from it on turn 3....which then dies as they have no other minions. They then conceded. Oh well!