IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

I think it's Zetalot's success with a fairly old-school Priest deck the other day. Between that and the strength of Dragon Priest there's probably a lot of people trying the class for the first time, or coming back to it now it's suddenly not so weak anymore.

I'm about 7 wins from a golden Mage, and then I'll probably join them, to be honest. Once my Mage has joined Warlock and Hunter in the 500 club I think I'll start dividing my time between (mainly) Priest and Control Warrior, except for quests. It's increasingly apparent that I prefer decks that let you be a complete dickhead, so they seem like my best bet, rather than (the admittedly dickheadish if you play Secret) Paladin, boring Druid, or fairly rubbish Rogue and Shaman decks.

I actually started using a semi-competitive, immensely fun Inspire Priest last night. Paltress, Velen, Saraad, and Justicar are in there, along with a Garrison Commander for if you get the chance to really take the piss. If you get Velen and the Auchenai Soulpriest out at the same time after Justicar you can do 8 damage with your hero power (twice if the Garrison Commander's out too).

Obviously massively inconsistent, but it can be hilarious. I summoned a Deathwing last night while also healing myself 8hp, all for two mana. The guy I was playing quit instantly, unsurprisingly.

Everyone now appears to be playing Priest. Did I miss a memo.

What JDub said is the main reason. Also the meta has slowed a bit since TGT came out (Face Hunter is kind of awful at the moment, for instance) so the opportunity for priests to out-value their opponents is much higher than it used to be.

Also, Paletress is ridiculously good fun.

Yeah, I got lucky and got Chillmaw in a pack, so I have loads of Dragon Priest options. I can try and go the Kolento route, with Shrinks and Shadow Priests, or the big body route with stuff like Chillmaw (a great 'glad I have, glad I didn't craft' card), Chromaggus et al.

I did actually craft Velen and Paletress the other day though. I know they're not the greatest, but I don't care, I had spending dust and I kinda love Priest, so I'm looking forward to trying to main it. (Hopefully with more success than Shaman (RIP).) it occurred to me the other day that, as hit and miss as it was, my Shadow Priest deck from a few seasons ago was probably my favourite ever (or damn close), just because a good game of Priest is just unlike anything else. There's too many situational cards for consistency in the class (again, like Shaman, but at least there's healing and no overload here), but when it works it's like deconstruction, pulling your opponents deck apart at every turn. Especially fun when it's a Hunter.

Like I said before, I like the decks that let you be a bit of a dickhead.

What are the decks (that maybe don't really work anymore) that people have liked best? What are your real favourites? Mine are that Shadow Priest (practically no minions, loads of removal and thievery, then Shadowform to close out) and Handlock, I think, though post-GvG Paladin was fun, and that Hunter I got to rank 2 with that season was too (as well as the only reason I got to 500 so quickly with a class I'm not that fond of normally).

I have a confession to make...I've been a longtime player but never really bothered with crafting, until now.

I have seen a priest deck online which I'd like to try out but the only problem is that it requires 2 x Cabal Shadow Priests. I have one but crafting another does not appear to be an option. Is this right or am I missing the obvious here?

Do you have 1600 dust? (Or is it 800?)

This has slowly dawned on me. (I just came back to post about it).

I looked at it, (the card), after crafting other more expensive stuff and I don't think I had enough dust left for it to be an option to craft another CSP.

It's clearer when you don't have any copies of a card that you're short of dust but when you have one copy and want to craft another then it's not immediately clear why you can't craft it. The option to do so just isn't there, it might be more helpful if the craft option was ghosted out (in the same way as cards you don't have any of are).

I have sorted it now and my problem was down to a dust shortage.

It's surprising being a long time priest player how many cards I was short of.

It was mainly dragons though so I automatically crafted those first and was quite surprised to realise I only had one cabal shadow priest and I came a cropper when I wanted one more.

I'm just slowly climbing the ladder with my new deck.

I have chillmaw, but it does as much harm as good.

Voljin (or Colin as iOS would have it) is great though.

I have him and velen for priest.

I actually really like Chillmaw. He requires a bit of timing sometimes, but playing him (even without a Dragon in hand) and watching a Zoo or Patron deck desperately try and play around the AoE is very amusing. When it decimates their board it's even better.

I'm also very fond of Velen, actually. I'm pretty sure there's a horrible Shadow Priest featuring him, Thaurassian and some incredible burst damage out there waiting to be discovered (with Mind Blasts and some of the other surprising aggro Priest tools). It'll be along in the next expansion or two, if not before.

In other news, I switched out the Dragon Priest a little bit this weekend and shot up to rank 11 on a streak (with limited playtime*). Took out the Shrinkmeisters, Cultists and Shadow Priests, put in all the Shadow Words, Lightbombs, Chillmaw and Paletress. Was a bit worried the lack of bodies would hurt, but the amount of removal/AoE in there is a huge benefit in the current meta, and I'm very rarely running out of steam thanks to the great early game cards, taunts, card draw and big bodies coming in at the end.

* Time limited further by the way, before my Priest run, I decided to stubbornly try and drag my Mage through the 10 more wins I needed for 500 with the class. Done! That's Warlock, Hunter and then Mage up to 500, Paladin at 430-ish, Druid at around 300, and then all but Rogue (a little over 100) at 200+. I can stop trying to farm wins now, I think, and just concentrate on playing whatever I feel compelled to, so maybe I'll main Priest for a while. Certainly seems to be the class I have most fun with these days, and I do have near enough literally every card for the class these days.

Aggro Priest :)

I've tried to make it work too. Shadowbomber, Shadowform, Velen/Malygos/Mindblast, Soulpriest/Flash Heal/Light of the Naaru etc. The tools are there, and it's hilarious when it works, but it's not as reliable as other aggro decks. Not enough targetable damage that doesn't rely on combos.

Yup, I'm sure there's going to be one at some point that makes waves for at least a little while (like that Shadowform deck I had that worked for about two seasons). I think it's just one more new Priest card/combination that no-one's thought of yet away.

Okay, here's a question for you all* - if the way the game worked was that you had to make decks entirely out of class cards (no neutrals at all), which classes do you think would be the best and worst?

I have a sneaking suspicion Druid would be top-tier personally. Loads of options/minions of every type, plus you'd still have that bloody combo.

Hunter would become an uneven messes and have the biggest fall from grace. Secret Paladin would still be pretty much doable, so they'd still be irritating as fuck fine. I'm not sure Priest has enough good minions to pull anything off, though Shadow Priest might actually suddenly work, just out of necessity, so I could be wrong. Warlock would have to lean on Demon synergy, and that could be inconsistent as hell, but I think it'd survive. Shaman would probably still suck, Overloading all over the place, but it's been given a lot of decent synergistic minions in reason expansions, and the other classes would have been hamstrung, so you never know. Warrior would be slow but potentially strong with all the new taunts and armouring up. Not sure about Mage. Heavy on the secrets?

Rogue would probably be the most hopeless(ly complicated), I think.

* hopefully this will get a slightly better response (at least) than my recent, utterly ignored "what's your all-time favourite deck" question. :P

Mage and priest would be ok with secrets and spells stealing others minions.

I got Druid combo'd to death with full health and 2 armour the other day.

I wasn't really paying attention and didn't notice it was turn 9 so I left 2 minions of his out as I was planning a cool turn 10. :(

So I made a couple of tweaks to my control warrior deck, and I'm actually climbing the ladder with it, up to 12 already, which is pretty good for me, (I aim for 10)

There's 10 legends, including several insta-kills like Emperor T, Nexus, sylvanas, that use a lot of removal up before alex, grom, rag and varian come out to play. Justicar's 4 armour hero power is great in late game.

seems to be weakest against paladins who rush in before healing up, has only lost once to facehunter, but he was a gold hunter with legend cardback so i'll take that one.

My last win was against a druid who had got to about turn 10, with around half health each, i got tree of life out of nexus and healed us up and cleared his board. he had no cards I had varian, kel thuzad and a belcher in hand . gg

I got two legendaries in the last week or so. That shitty Skeleton thing that's a neutral Malorne with worse stats and is reliant the Joust mechanic, and another dupe of one of the Wonder Twins (who I'd already got both of and never use).

On the plus side, that did mean I got to craft Paletress and Velen, who I also may not use that often, but at least Paletress is in my current Dragon Priest (and great in it), and I will absolutely be looking for excuses to use Velen at every opportunity, what with Priest being my favourite class at the moment.

I did manage to make Paladin fun again last night too. I hate Secret Paladin, regardless of who's playing it (even if it's me), so had a gone off the class a bit, but I had a quest for Warrior/Paladin wins, and Control Warrior really struggles with a lot of the fast/swarm decks around at the moment, so I decided to try and make a new Pally deck. What I've got now has a lot in common with the old midrange decks I used to love back when GvG first came out, but has a lot of Inspire stuff going on too. Musters, Silver Hand Recruiters, Murloc Knights, Mukla's Champions, Quartermasters, Justicar and Saraad mean it's a token/Inspire-fest and, while not perfect, is a bitch to stop, and can get out of hand fast.

It also means I get to play Tirion again, and the fact that Secret Paladin struggles more against decks with multiple minions means I'm having a fair bit of success against the latest flavour of the month, which is always a bonus. Lots of fun, so anytime I'm not playing Priest in the near future I'll probably give that some play.

Yeah, I agree with you on Secret Paladin. I think it's honestly the deck that's felt most unfair to play against since I started playing (I haven't actually encountered many Patron's, or those that I have just haven't drawn well, and perhaps I'm remembering Miracle Rogue too fondly). But that amount of tempo on turn 6 is ridiculous. Especially if they also managed to have Minibot on turn 2 and Muster on turn 3. Maybe I just haven't learnt how to optimally play around the secrets yet though.

The trick I found is to trigger the initial Noble Sacrifice/Avenge/Redemption deluge that happens after your first post-Mysterious Challenger attack, and then try to thin/wipe out their board that turn. Obviously with a lot of decks that's easier said then done, as you need to have a minion or three and/or some removal, but if you can get it done your chances of winning from that point improve substantially. I've had the most luck with the Inspire Paladin I was trying last night and my Dragon Priest (which has a lot of removal - two of each Shadow Word, Holy Nova and Light Bomb). With most of the other classes I've tended to be in real trouble.

The Inspire Paladin I played last night tends to have a lot of minions on the board, as well as 2 x Equality and Consecration in the deck, which gives you some options (especially as not all Secret Paladins run Consecrate, giving you more chance to keep your side of the board busy). Trigger the deluge, clear his board, kill his tempo. He'll probably have burnt through his hand getting that far, so unless he's got Divine Favour (and often even then) you're probably able to take control, as the second MC never tends to put up more than a couple of secrets, and is therefore a lot less fearsome.

The Dragon Priest is even more obvious - early on the taunts will slow them down, Minibots and Jugglers will die to SW:Pain. Musters/small minions are cleared by Holy Nova, SW:Death kills MC (or Tirion, if they run him), and a Lightbomb will generally clear their whole board even after MC is out. (Chillmaw is an issue for them too.) Eventually they'll completely run out of steam, and I'll get to see what Ysera and Paletress are going to summon.

I got two legendaries in the last week or so. That shitty Skeleton thing that's a neutral Malorne with worse stats and is reliant the Joust mechanic, and another dupe of one of the Wonder Twins (who I'd already got both of and never use).

On the plus side, that did mean I got to craft Paletress and Velen, who I also may not use that often, but at least Paletress is in my current Dragon Priest (and great in it), and I will absolutely be looking for excuses to use Velen at every opportunity, what with Priest being my favourite class at the moment.

I did manage to make Paladin fun again last night too. I hate Secret Paladin, regardless of who's playing it (even if it's me), so had a gone off the class a bit, but I had a quest for Warrior/Paladin wins, and Control Warrior really struggles with a lot of the fast/swarm decks around at the moment, so I decided to try and make a new Pally deck. What I've got now has a lot in common with the old midrange decks I used to love back when GvG first came out, but has a lot of Inspire stuff going on too. Musters, Silver Hand Recruiters, Murloc Knights, Mukla's Champions, Quartermasters, Justicar and Saraad mean it's a token/Inspire-fest and, while not perfect, is a bitch to stop, and can get out of hand fast.

It also means I get to play Tirion again, and the fact that Secret Paladin struggles more against decks with multiple minions means I'm having a fair bit of success against the latest flavour of the month, which is always a bonus. Lots of fun, so anytime I'm not playing Priest in the near future I'll probably give that some play.

I'm actually having quite a good season with control warrior, keep getting to 1 win away from level 10 and then losing.

Secret pally is a pain in the bum, but whirlwinds and death's bite helps

Got a paladin deck i'm tinkering with that might be good, maybe next season, you're really making me want to play priest though

I'm actually having quite a good season with control warrior, keep getting to 1 win away from level 10 and then losing.

Secret pally is a pain in the bum, but whirlwinds and death's bite helps

Got a paladin deck i'm tinkering with that might be good, maybe next season, you're really making me want to play priest though

I'm not running Whirlwind anymore. Generally not much of a problem, but I do miss it after a Muster has just been played...

Do you run Brawl(s)? Think my CW needs a tweak - still good against Face Hunter and most Control, but midrange decks that get a good start and Secret Paladins are proving to be real issues.

I am really enjoying Priest again though. Every few seasons I find a Priest deck I like, and it instantly becomes my favourite deck for the rest of that season, before somehow falling away again. I think the only reason that I've generally preferred Warlock over the course of the game's life is that it's generally been the stronger/more consistent class. Now I've got the three classes I've tended to lean on most (when lacking in inspiration) up to 500 wins apiece I think I'll try and stick to Priest and Paladin, as they've tended to have the decks I've actually enjoyed playing/liked most, and are both in pretty good places at the moment.

Seeing as I realised the other day that I'm basically four cards away from completing the Priest's full set*, I might actually go ahead and finish it seeing as there's not really a legendary or anything I'm saving for anymore.**

* I actually think there's more utility for all the Priest cards than most, and all the legendaries have their uses too. Most classes have a bunch of cards that will just never, ever see play, but I've seen just about every Priest card there is played in some deck or another. Not sure that's the case with any other class.

** I'm at the point now where the closest there is to a legendary I don't have but want is either Deathwing, Blingtron or Toshley. I'm pretty set at the moment, basically.

I spent about 1 minute improvising a deck for this weeks brawl and am unstoppable. People must not understand the premise. What I put together would be OP in the wild, but I've yet to come up against a similarly OP deck. I've played about 10 games and seen 2 face hunters.

J-

I'm running 1 brawl

Think it's

2 each of :

Whirlwind

Execute

Acolyte

Armour smith

Fiery win axe

Deaths bite

Armour up

Sludge belcher

1 shield slam

1 brawl

1 cruel taskmaster

1 shield maiden

10 legendaries

Emperor t

Sylvanas

Justicar

Nexus champ

Ragnaros

Varian win

Alex

Grommash

Kel thuzad

Dr.boom

Have 175 wins as warrior now so will keep pushing on with that, have 350 with hunter but am sick of hunter

Anyone else really dislike the new single class quests? Currently sitting on two quests, "win 3 matches with Shaman" and "win 3 matches with Rogue". Blizzard do you have any idea how long that's going to take me?!

It just encourages people to go out and use a netdeck. I have a Pally and a Mage deck that I am very happy with, got the Warlock quest. Turns out I have all the cards for a great Zoo deck, so built one based on what I found on the internet, but it doesn't feel like fun. Dreading getting the Rogue, Druid or Shaman one as I have barely played those classes