IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

Win three Arena in a row! Ha! Think i've managed that once. I suck so hard at it :(

Do many of you guys pay for cards?

I've bought ten packs when they were on offer for about 30p each at some code site, and have paid to enter the Arena a couple of times early on in the beta, but other than that am completely free-to-play. I have the advantage of having played for a long time, but the main thing to consider is that purchasing a card for dust costs a lot more than you can recoup in dust if you don't need it any more. As a result I'm really hesitant to craft expensive cards unless I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of them, and have a surplus of about 4,000 dust as a result - just from arena rewards, ladder rewards, and the odd pack bought with gold from dailies.

It takes time but is very doable, just don't expect to be able to have everything, all of the time.

Witty's point about insta-dusting golden cards you don't need is great, too. They're generally worth 4-10x the dust of the normal version.

There's an interesting way to cheese the final boss of the League of explorers expansion on heroic...

As he nicks your deck, simply load it with 0 attack minions and draw mechanics. Ideally, play as shaman, and use 2 mana spring totems, and if you have him, Nat Pagle. The only threats he'll play are the ones from his hero ability, and eventually you can get him to fill his board with minions that cant attack (or have really low attack and arent threats) and hopefully those 3 cards to make him fatigue without being able to do much. As long as you take care of his hero power cards, you're set.

Challenge: lose a match in this week's Brawl as a Murman.

Fq0yNbQ.png

I'm not convinced it's possible so far.

Yay! I win the challenge!

Mages Arcane Explosion destroyed me early game beforee Seer came out.

Won the next, a nice early 3 mana Tirion put an end to a rather spammy Paladin :D

I also won the challenge (though I had tweaked the deck a little) - the Secret Paladin I was playing in my first Tavern Brawl of the week got out a 1-cost Mysterious Challenger on turn 3...

What decks are people playing at the moment? The Shaman fan in me feels fully justified in using that Aggro deck to get a few wins here or there, but I've mainly started trying out various Warlock decks, including the swarm one, some other Zoo and Handlock variants, and most recently a Reno* deck that works surprisingly well, just because of the comparative strength of the cards included (despite there only being one of each) and, of course, Gul'dan's hero power.

Can't settle on a Mage deck yet though, annoyingly, and the other heroes aren't appealing again just yet.

* To be honest though, I'm still not totally sold on him yet, in terms of his even being a card - I already feel like there are a few too many decks out there that focus on one potentially insurmountable combo/gimmick (and can all too often get away with it), like Secret Paladin and Druid FON Combo, etc, and Reno being a thing creates another.

Fair play; this week's brawl is an old favourite. Presumably they rolled out the Christmas special before staff actually went home for Christmas, and this week they're using something they know how to handle with a Skelton crew.

I'll still have my fun.

Just had the most epic game.

Playing Control Warrior vs Priest. Got Elise out early and luckily also drew the map a few cards later. When we were on about 18 cards each he played Thoughsteal and the jammy fucker managed to get a copy of the Golden Monkey!

Through some miracle I somehow I managed to stall him with all my removal spells and armour building cards for 8 turns until I drew my monkey. Traded Legendaries for a couple of turns, with me mostly on the losing end of it. He was on 8 health and had a Sneed's Old Shredder on the board, which would be enough to kill me next turn. In desperation I played Ragnaros, figuring what the hell it's a 50/50 chance. Blame, fireball straight in his mug.

I nearly did a victory lap of the living room.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had what was quite probably the most brutal bad luck in a game of Hearthstone that it is possible to have. I was playing against a Tempo Mage, and on turn 6, they played Unstable Portal in to Dr. Boom. I had no response so played a couple of minions. The next turn they played Unstable Portal and they got, that's right, you guessed it. Dr. Boom. Again. Twice. Both times. In two consecutive turns.

I started at the screen for about a minute, mousing over the two Booms with 'Created by Unstable Portal' written below them in a continuous loop before the rope started burning and I conceded.

Almost immediately after I realised I should have taken a screenshot for proof, but I was so genuinely shocked that my mind actually went blank.

Can anyone beat that? I think it's the most ridiculous occurrence I've ever encountered in over a year of playing this game.

I've had about as bad. Maybe worse - just can't remember due to the rage it probably put me in at the time. Thing is it happens so regularly that I see it as normal. My friend watched me play 5 games the other day. They were all a disaster - he looked at me shocked when I said that is pretty much normal for me. Ie seeing games with three paladins in a row where after very strong openings and early game minions - they all has MC on turn 5 or 6 - taking everything I had to clear them. They all had the second MC on the next turn

For example: literally the game I just had - he also had a wrath on turn 2 to kill my own darnassus - as you can see my mulligan went swimmingly, I managed to get every late game card in my deck in my hand - by turn 4 he has had the double darnassus/double shade AND the perfect removal

post-70-0-85309200-1452643697_thumb.jpg

I'd say 60-70% of the games I play, the opponent gets a godly draw and keeps getting it throughout into the late game (if I manage to survive). Fuck hearthstone. I wish I streamed to evidence how fucking badly the game treats me.

Liking the return of this brawl. But first guy stopped playing after 2 turns and the clock just ran out. Second match I was Mage and the other guy didn't seem to figure what was happening. Third one though was great. I was Mage, we took our time on turns and seem to play exactly the right cards when we needed them. He kept highlighting minions which he though I should attack with, which I was going to do anyway. We both finished with the dude dead and 20+ health each. When it clicks like that, it's brilliant

Fuck me I hate fucking Paladins.

Post LoE the meta seemed to have a good shake up and became more fun again. However, that seems to be over and its Paladins as far as the eye can see again.

Oh he's got the coin. Gee, I wonder what he'll play.

SHIELDS UP! RED ALERT!

Fuck off!

If you're good enough to keep tempo through his barrage of sticky cheap minions and lucky enough to have have the perfect spells to somehow survive his two Mysterious Challengers (he might not draw them you say? Oh he will. He will) then you still have Tirion Cunting Cockring or whatever he's called, to look forward to - essentially a 6/12 minion who also gives the arsehole a 5 dmg weapon.

Hey maybe I can just make him run out of steam if I play control, the only real counter in the game to aggro cancer. decks. Nope, Blizzard in their infinite wisdom have given the shitlords a card that will instantly give them as many cards as you as well.

I WILL FIGHT WITH HONOUR!

Fuck off!

About the only saving grace is when you do manage to get the upperhand on one of the twats, you can almost see the confusion in the character portrait's face 'Why isn't it working this time?' in the milliseconds before they concede.

Fuck me I hate fucking Paladins.

Post LoE the meta seemed to have a good shake up and became more fun again. However, that seems to be over and its Paladins as far as the eye can see again.

Oh he's got the coin. Gee, I wonder what he'll play.

SHIELDS UP! RED ALERT!

Fuck off!

If you're good enough to keep tempo through his barrage of sticky cheap minions and lucky enough to have have the perfect spells to somehow survive his two Mysterious Challengers (he might not draw them you say? Oh he will. He will) then you still have Tirion Cunting Cockring or whatever he's called, to look forward to - essentially a 6/12 minion who also gives the arsehole a 5 dmg weapon.

Hey maybe I can just make him run out of steam if I play control, the only real counter in the game to aggro cancer. decks. Nope, Blizzard in their infinite wisdom have given the shitlords a card that will instantly give them as many cards as you as well.

I WILL FIGHT WITH HONOUR!

Fuck off!

About the only saving grace is when you do manage to get the upperhand on one of the twats, you can almost see the confusion in the character portrait's face 'Why isn't it working this time?' in the milliseconds before they concede.

Even at the top end of legend...

I get the Paladin hate at the moment, but I've been playing Pally since day 1, I used to curse the hell out of priests, they did my nut in. So it's nice for me that the Paladin is good at the moment as I am a pretty shitty player, it gives me a good chance. TBH though I don't play it much as I can't be bothered playing just to climb the ladder, I just tend to do my quests with whatever class is relevant.

This morning though, I got the "Win 5 games as a Paladin". The first 2 I just played quit as soon as they saw I was a Pally. That seems crazy. I am rank 18 at the moment (I always aim to 15 for the reward each season) but someone at 18 with a Paladin deck is obviously not that brilliant at playing it.

The game shifts all the time. Hunters used to be a pain in the arse, Locks for a while too, and it will move on from Paladin.

Plus I still play the way I want. Yes I use Secrets and MC but I have to have a Murloc Knight in there for giggles

Vorgot, I've added you (I'm Thinpaddy#2554) as I'm about the same standard as you but enjoy playing Priest :hat:

Added you but am regretting it now I know you like Priests :)

Is it me or is the returning brawl much harder this time? I've not managed a win yet, but have had the bastard's health down to one.

Think it depends who you have playing with you. And wasn't it a priest last time, not a druid, so the healing was more full on