IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

12 hours ago, James Lyon said:

I've been playing this for a couple of months now. I still can't get past rank 20.

Having said all that, I got a winning streak as a Shaman this morning and got to the top of level 19... :)

... and then went straight down to the bottom of 20 again. :(

Just had my single most satisfying game ever. Playing as Control Warrior vs Echo Mage. Got to fatigue, I was on ludicrous armour, something like 60. I had Golden Monkey'ed with 5 cards left, he killed off the first four legendaries I played with his spells, and was left with 6 molten giants on the board, spamming "Well played". Rather enjoyed playing Deathwing and him instantly conceding :)

I've started seeing quite a lot of Face Shaman this past week. Someone must be doing well with it, but it seems like a terrible match for the Control Warrior I've been playing. Terrible for them, that is. I've had a couple of close encounters but I don't think I've lost a match against this deck yet. It is capable of quite a frightening amount of early-game damage, but relies too much on some extremely fragile minions, and runs out of steam very quickly against a stalling player. Control Warrior has a much harder time with the newer Face Hunter decks than this rubbish.

Secret Paladin is still the worst thing about this game, seem to be facing a bit less of it at the moment though.

Well after hating on priests for so long I finally built a control deck and got myself to 4 stars on rank 13, which I think is the highest I have been. Few setbacks since then, but hope I can get to 12 over the weekend. Enjoyed the more control style so built what I believe is called a Tempo mage. Bit of aggro, bit of control, and am learning how to use that. Still make some bad decisions when I go for a hit to the face and then my opponents weak minions get buffed to death but am learning! Did have to look on the net for help building that, but always put my own spin on any net decks, I have too many cards I enjoy using!

I love Priest. A couple of days ago I lost against an interesting deck I'd not come across before, which was focused around Auchenai Soulpriest. They got Justicar Trueheart out which turned his hero power into a devastating targeted 4 damage, and dropped a couple of Flash Heals on me for some scary burst damage.

Playing Control against a deck running two copies of Entombed is tough, too.

Aahh that there's a beautiful thing! The mentality of some players does make me laugh, I could never add a player to rage at them, only to comment on a fun game or congratulate on an absolute pasting. People rarely accept though, probably because of toxic nubs like that..

Ranked has been REALLY tough this month, like harder than I can remember for a long time. End of month rewards give me some incentive to get to rank 5 which is normally not too bad if I try - the annoying thing is how the meta slightly changes from some sets of ranks and I'm impatient so I don't stick with one deck which means I go on losing streaks because I lose with a deck, keep switching to other types and keep fucking up. Still finally got to 5 just in the nick of time, phew - and people really don't like losing to druid - another drive by message post game "friend request" lol 

Hearthstone Screenshot 02-28-16 13.56.49.png

Hearthstone Screenshot 02-27-16 20.01.33.png

Superb. Got to 8-2 in Arena, which is the best I've ever managed. Playing on my laptop, going for win number 9, about halfway into a game which I had a chance of winning. Daughter fires up Hearthstone on the tablet to play some solo adventures herself, and guess whose Battlenet account was active? :hat:

New expansion name in spoiler...

Spoiler

g7O7WJt.jpg

Looks like the name of the new expansion has been made public via an advert painted in New York. Although there have been rumours that this expansion would be based around the old gods for a few days now.

Full reveal is at 18:00 tomorrow.

C'mon Standard!

I'm trying to learn a completely new deck archetype this season. Control priest. I keep messing up pretty horrifically, but when I masterfully shut someone down oh how sweet.

Fuckin' druids still ruin my day though.

Nice. Will C'Thun work with the likes of Raid Leader if it's a Battlecry?

I've got one wing left of League of Explorers left to get. After that I can grind out enough to get most of the wings of the next expansion before it arrives. I think that's probably a good idea over buying packs, right?

C'Thun's battlecry deals random single damage around the enemy side of the board, for whatever amount you managed to buff his attack up to before playing him. Raid Leader would buff him as he lands, so it probably counts I guess.

His effect is like Avenging Wrath or Timepiece of Horror, but bigger.

12 hours ago, James Lyon said:

Nice. Will C'Thun work with the likes of Raid Leader if it's a Battlecry?

I wasn't sure, so had a read of the advanced mechanics page on the gamepedia wiki. I think it works like this:

Raid Leader's effect is an aura, but auras are only applied to newly summoned minions after they've had an opportunity to execute their battlecry, so it wouldn't give you an extra damage from C'Thun.

There are not a lot of opportunities for auras and battlecries to interact in the game, so this creates some interesting situations.

Fair enough.

I've got a Warlock deck I quite like. No idea what you call it. I've got a Reno Jackson and Youthful Brewmaster combo along with Grim Patron and a number of damage spells to keep control. Doesn't always work but it's fun when it does.

But, Mysterious Challenger won't be in Standard, right? So this card (in Standard, at least) is pointless. And in Arena it's terrible. Seems a very "Wild only" card, and a bit... whilst it would have been super-relevant before its release, once it appears it will become largely pointless very quickly.

Edit: Also that's a HUGE downside when playing against non-secret classes a 4 mana 2-4 is so useless (could it die to Shredder any more?). And even if you do destroy 1 secret it's still an underpowered 4-drop. In my experience Flare isn't even all that great vs Secret Paladin because you have to spend 2-mana on your turn 6, when they just put a 6-6 out (and you're probably behind anyway because of SP's strong early game). So now you're going to be spending 4 mana to destroy all secrets and make a minion that will almost certainly be Aldored or Uldermaned or Equalitied. Doesn't even seem that great to me (gut reaction).

It is a tech card so yeah all of that makes sense. Point of it is you have a neutral class card that allows a counter. if a secrets meta ever becomes an issue again. Secrets on paper should be far less of an issue in standard but just in case I'm happy that exists.

It also kills secret paladin in wild too which is great because fuck secret paladin.