IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

Got my golden druid just in time. 

The only one I think is a bit too harsh is the blade flurry - double the cost AND remove the ability to do face? I agree with either, but together is nerfing it into ze ground possibly.

I also think if the game slows down and everyone is placing these huge legendaries late game, 2 mana difference to BGH isn't going to stop it being used by absolutely everyone. They should have changed the effect rather than the cost possibly - but I guess lets see how it turns out. 

From the way they have written about the Blade Flurry nerf it seems incredibly likely that they have wanted to add a new weapon and weapon buffs to rogue but just haven't been able to because of how ridiculous a spell like Blade Flurry is. If they announce a new awesome weapon for Rogue then it kind of makes sense.

I agree about the BGH change. I would have liked the text on the card changed altogether, but the increase to 5 mana has logic to it. The most oppressive thing about BGH wasn't the fact that it cleared your inevitably expensive minion, or the crazy tempo gain you get from removing a giant threat and playing a 4/2 minion, it was that you could then play your own big threat for the remaining 7 mana. Now if you play BGH, you get the crazy tempo swing, but you can't follow it up with a Boom or a Sylvanas or whatever. At best you can play a 5 drop, and with Loatheb and Belcher gone, I can't really think of any card that I would be afraid that could come out in conjunction with a 5 cost BGH.

Also, I'm really shocked they didn't touch Divine Favour. I know Paladin is losing a lot but that card is just fucking ridiculous.

I think they held off divine favour because they're assuming with leper gnome, silence and knife jugger nerfs (and in standard no GvG stuff) aggro pally which is reliant on DF is gonna struggle to maintain ground in the new metas. But yeah, it is a brokenly insane effect when up against control. 

I agree that at least BGH can't be followed up by a big minion. However they deal is still really sweet to take out something 7 mana plus and maintain a 4/2 on the board which has to be dealt with for 5. It's still way better than a polymorph on the same minion for only one mana more and the thinking behind the BGH nerf was to make classes prioritise their own removal. Assassinate is terrible value wise in comparison for example even with the BGH nerf. 

Oh yeah, I completely agree with what you say about BGH. I was just trying to play Devil's Advocate. Increasing it to 5 mana does nothing to remove the 'I've got the fun in my sights' nature of the card, and continues to promote people playing aggro/tempo decks or control decks that don't run minions with 6+ health that don't have an insane effect. It's hard to figure out the reasoning for that specific change.

I don't recall the last time I saw anyone play Master of Disguise, but I guess with their comments about future cards they have something specific in mind. The rest is okay, but I'll admit I was quite enjoying Druid's race to 9 mana.

LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Initially I was a bit surprised at some of the changes, but having listened to a couple of streamers run through them, I'm on board with most of them. Seems like it will free them up to do some funky stuff with weapons for rogue, and effects that are a bit more expensive to silence. I think the only thing I'm really sad about is Ancient of Lore. 7 mana for a 5-5 + a card is awful. Guess I'll take the dust though.

On 4/19/2016 at 11:07 PM, The Grand Pursuivant said:

stuff

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an incredibly generous post. This is a real example of what forums used to be like as I remember them. I read part 1 of the guide and I will read the others with great interest.

As to your challenge, I didn't quite figure it out, no. I paused it and took a look just before he was to take his turn. I figured it had to be something to do with forcing a large attack early to trigger the ice-block, and your wording of "most counter-intuitive" made me think about hitting himself in the face but that's as close as I got. It was 2am though.

Still, I am now much more educated than yesterday. I need a lot more cards before I can really think about being fancy. I only have the legendaries from LoE and Blackrock so I'm missing quite a lot of the big players you guys have been talking about. As well as most of the essential cards that you call out. But I'm heartened by the changes coming! The whole game turning on its head sounds like a fun time and I think I'll stick with it. I spend a lot of time travelling with my new job so it's a perfect game for me as I don't need my PC to play.

I'd be interested to know how much real cash folks on here have put into the game? I've bought both those adventures so about £35, so far.

I've bought all 3 adventures - some with gold though. I bought 15 packs not long after I started to give me a boost and also a few of tgt when they were priced wrong. 

So maybe £50ish. 

I should have 6000 gold saved up for the new expansion plus about 4000 dust to craft with. Exciting. 

Who wants to bet me that the eu servers don't shit their pants and crumble as usual on launch?

Thanks to @The Grand Pursuivant being an utter god-damn legend, I have faffed around in unranked, tweaked my deck according to his advice and ventured back into Ranked play. I've won four games straight and am now at Rank 16**. I encountered a particularly aggressive Shaman who was using Merlons, but he ran out of steam as soon as I wiped the board with Lightning Storm, played Spirit Wolf guys and whipped out a Bloodlust.

TGP, sir, you are a forum hero!

I think this may even convince me to preorder the Old Gods :D

I bought Naxx, but then paid for Explorers and Blackrock in gold. Never bought any cards packs. It's not the kind of thing I would spend money on, I play every day for about 30 minutes to get my quests done, and do a bit of the ladder, and never felt the need to buy card packs. Have been playing since the Beta though, so have a nice collection now. 

8 minutes ago, And said:

Apparently launch week will

have 2 daily quests for wins in standard with 5 packs rewards for each. So that's 13 packs for free. 

Blizzard must be desperate for this to be a success 

Thats pretty nice though. Good way to get people to build standard decks

SO much information and things released over the past day or so. Exciting stuff. Apparently there was an awesome Ben Brode/Frodan twitch stream showing of the new cards and stuff as well which I'm gonna check out over the weekend.

And yeah really nice that they're giving away a few packs. Mind you they are making half of our cards kinda redundant, so it makes sense!

I really hope that offer lasts a week after launch, and not just a day, otherwise the servers are going to be a clusterfuck even by Hearthstone launch day standards.

Also, does it make me a bad person that I almost immediately contemplated how making a Face Hunter should be a quick and easy way of getting those packs soon after launch, while people are trying to shove all the high cost cards into their decks? I'm not saying I actually will do that, but still...

Also been trying to decide who looks in best shape bearing in mind the cards we're gaining and losing (and having nerfed). My initial thinking, based on hazy recollections of seeing most of the cards for the first time last night, is that Shaman and Druid have the most obviously decent cards, and that Priest looks to be losing a lot more than it's gaining. Rogue has been so comprehensively changed by all of this that I have no idea what to think (but it's not looking great), and seeing the state of Mage and Paladin in the new meta will be interesting too. Warlock hasn't gained anything I'm liking the look of too much, but can never be counted out. Hunter and Warrior will probably be fine, but I can hardly remeber any of their cards (apart from that Hunter looks to have a decent Leper Gnome alternative, unsurprisingly).

Mainly though I just can't wait now. I'm actually more hyped about next week with the influx of new goodies and the meta shakeup than I am about most full retail releases.

I'm looking forward to it as well, will be fun building some new Standard decks next week.

After a lull in playing, I've managed to get myself to Rank 11 for the first time this week, and am trying to push on to 10 for the extra reward. My play and deck building is definitely improving. Next week should be fun times

I don't think it is tomorrow for us, is it? I think for us it'll be the wee hours of the 27th.

Due to limited memory I haven't had this on my iPhone for a while, but I'm getting a new 128gb 6s later, and I'm thinking this'll have to be on there now I have plenty of room for it (even if I do keep playing on the laptop for the most part). This is great, of course, except I think it means there's a real danger that I'll be sat at my desk on Wednesday opening packs when should be working...