Hearthstone

Hexx

Worth noting that Tinkmaster has now been changed to a 3/3 that transforms a random minion (not even enemy, so it could end up being one of yours), so he's lost a lot of value. Arguably, he could still be useful - if your opponent has just Rag on the field, and you side was empty, you actually gain from him being more powerful now. But he loses a lot of his consistency, and considering he could change something into a 1/1 or a 5/5 it's not like he was mr consistent as it was. I still think he'll find some play, as he can still take out big end game cards, if not reliably, but a lot of high ranking decks considered him a must have purely for cheap removal of legendaries.

I think tinkmaster's done as far as high level play goes. He's gone from a reliable big-guy removal (Druids especially really made a lot of use of him because of their lack of other options apparently) to something that only works if you're in a shitty situation (you have no minions on the board) and he has only the one card out that you want rid of.

I think I'm going to build a shammy deck next. I've been having loads of fun with my Paladin, Imp Master/Knife Juggler/Sword of Justice fun early game, Tirion and Rag in late game :wub:

I can't wait for the ipad version, looking likely to be in the next couple of weeks.

Making my way through the tutorial at the moment. :)

I can see this as the perfect "winding-down" game after CS:GO and Titanfall sessions.

Yep. Just decided to start playing this tonight. Big download and then I'll be dipping into the tutorial.

Played through the tutorial, and beat a couple of the practice characters with my first custom Mage deck. Good fun. I'll beat the rest, tweak my decks and then venture out against some other noobs.

Is it me though, or is adding friends' battlenet tags utterly flaky?

I'm happy that tink got nerfed because I had two of the fucker! Dusted both for 3200. What are the still the must have legendaries? Sylvanas rag, ysera and leeroy?

Forgot to mention him earlier, but Cairne is also one of the legendaries that fits well in any deck, and worth considering alongside the ones you've mentioned, and above Leeroy if you're not going shaman/hunter/rogue.

I'm happy that tink got nerfed because I had two of the fucker! Dusted both for 3200. What are the still the must have legendaries? Sylvanas rag, ysera and leeroy?

For my money Ragnaros for sure. Leeroy is good in control decks where you need some burst damage at the end, Sylvanas has fallen a bit from favour since she got the mana cost nerf, and Ysera's fun but really expensive. Bloodmage Thalnos sees a lot of play, since he's a great early game minion (he's a bit boring though, I'm glad I got mine out of a pack rather than making it). I think Cairne is going to see some love soon, he's a great value card as long as he escapes the dreaded silence, I was sorely tempted to make one instead of Leeroy, but the need for chicken won out...

Oh, has it? Saw it for the first time today! Maybe I'd have encountered it sooner if more people played Shaman.

It got a new animation in the patch when it triggers, but it's always been there.

For those just starting and looking for a solid deck that is competitive at all levels but not overly expensive to craft I would recommend the Warlock "Zoo" deck:

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=26977/zoo

There is scope for customisation (for example http://www.hearthhead.com/card=242/abusive-sergeant instead of the young priestess for more burst). And whilst it looks like a rush deck it is in fact mainly a board control deck where you make favourable trades with your opponent, until fuelled by the 'locks hero power you overwhelm them.

Gah! Just finished the tutorial missions and am now on my 4th try against Hunter. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Well... only that he will overwhelm me on the 5th turn and just have like 4 cards on the table which keep on damaging me.

Have a look at my deck. Got any tips?

icR5ELFST9WP7.png

This is my first every card game mind you.

Hm managed to defeat the Warrior (with a bit of effort) on my first go. Guess I'm not THAT shit after all lol.

EDIT: Can you play this vs friends? Is there even a friendslist? If so Jonamok I reckon you're new to this as well then? Add a brotha' so we can get some proper noob matches on! I'm VN1X on Battle.net. Fuck knows where to find 'friends' though lol.

Will add you. Click the little person icon in the bottom left, I believe. Beyond that I haven't got it working yet!

Edit: just tried to add and it just says in red "You must enter an email address or battle tag".

That's what I'm fucking doing! Try to add me VN1X. jonamok, all lowercase.

Anyone else had this prob?

The battle tag is usually a name followed by a hash and then 4 numbers. Mines in my sig, for example. The top of the friends list should tell you yours.

(not sure if you still require going to the website to make it, I'd assume all newer accounts have it by default by now.)

Okay, so what am I doing wrong. I was winning a lot of matches when I started. Now I'm on a continous losing streak. I always run out of cards whilst the other player has 5 or 6 left. What's going on?

Came to a head last night - first match I had the guy down at 3 health whilst mine is 20 then he dropped 3 huge cards and I was fucked with zero. Second match was even worse - got him down to 1 health on 2 seperate rounds, then he pulled out huge cards and destroyed me.

The barrier preventing me from rising higher than rank 17 is either my inexperience, or my lack of legendaries. But it's definitely the cards, right? There was a cheap Mage deck posted earlier in this thread, and I've been having some luck with that, but its mana curve feels a little skewed, I had to concede two games today where I drew runs of cards all costing 4+. I think I'm starting to get better.

Trump's at almost level 1 with his F2P deck. :P

His youtube videos are a bit behind due to them being edited.....

He got Legend rank a few weeks ago, and sang "We Are The Champions on his stream to celebrate"

I like Trumps vids a lot. Unlike Force who basically finds the top decks being used and makes videos on them (but his videos are often marred by poor play), you can really learn about the game by watching his videos. Especially arena runs where you see how he drafts and which cards he picks over others, and how he looks at his mana curve and stuff.

Hmm, played four games where the enemy was a class I hadn't unlocked yet, played elite cards and knocked half my health off on the third turn, then killed me on the fifth or sixth. Is that right? Admittedly I'm just sort of creating random decks, but all the cards look dump anyway? Maybe I'll go back into practice :)