IGNORED

Hearthstone

Hexx

poop, premature excitement 

so i dusted FoN (1 gold, one normal) and masters of disguise so am now 2200 dust richer. 

umming and aahing over dusting the others, will see if i'm desperate for dust to craft novelty legendaries that will tuurn ouut to be unplayable anyway (hello Varian, i'm looking at you)

2 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Hang on, does this new expansion have the single player stuff? I've saved up enough now to get at least three wings on the assumption that it did, but now I'm thinking I haven't actually heard any mention of this, or am I wrong?

Nope, it's an expansion, not an adventure.

Expansions are new sets of cards, there'll be 134 new cards.

52 minutes ago, And said:

Nope, it's an expansion, not an adventure.

Expansions are new sets of cards, there'll be 134 new cards.

Whoops. Should have realised. Think I'll just finish off the Blackrock Mountain wings I haven't got then.

2 hours ago, JDubYes said:

I could've sworn the Battlenet home screen said the 27th (and all the trailers say the 26th, presumably for NA). If it's 11pm tonight I'll be very (pleasantly) surprised.

From harsins post it is indeed 27th. The blog post doesnt say whether it is early hours of 27th or evening of 27th though. Hope its the former

4 hours ago, And said:

Also - nerf patch is live !

Just had a quick peek at work and Keeper of the Grove is still a 2/4. Is it only live in the US or something?

Edit: And FON still says charge.

Edit: Ah, went to the play store and now its updating. Weird how it didn't prompt me just from running the app.

2 hours ago, Uzi Temp said:

From harsins post it is indeed 27th. The blog post doesnt say whether it is early hours of 27th or evening of 27th though. Hope its the former

If they're attempting a simultaneous worldwide release then I'd guess it'll be live by the time people in the EU are getting up on the 27th. I'd love it if that's the case - the earlier on Wednesday I can start playing around with my packs and making/testing some new decks the better.

In other news, Reddit is of course already full of stories about confused Face Hunters and Druids dropping Arcane Golems and attempting Savage Roar combos, and Rogues trying to use Blade Flurry for lethal.

I'm still a bit torn on the nerfs, incidentally...

Arcane Golem I don't really have any issue with. The card is still justifiable, almost just a slightly different Dancing Swords. It probably won't get used, but it fits, and I won't lose any sleep over there being one less charge minion in the world.

Blade Flurry feels like possibly a step too far. One or the other on the cost or the Hero damage would've been fine, I think. Maybe Blizzard's justification regarding the new weapons will come true in a later expansion, but at present this feels a bit much really.

Big Game Hunter and Ironbeak Owl are interesting. I think BGH is probably fine, it was a bit much for 3 mana because of the body and tempo swing, and it'll be interesting to see if they're still run. I'd guess yes, personally. Owl maybe should've been a bigger body if they were making it 3 mana, bearing in mind Spellbreaker is a 4/3 at 4 mana with the same effect. Unless you're a Hunter (looking to combo with Kill Command), Owl doesn't really make a lot of sense in comparison now.

Force of Nature is an odd one. Decent stats for the cost, horribly vulnerable to most AoE, probably won't get played. I thought Savage Roar would get hit instead of FoN (as it's basically a better Bloodlust for two less mana, so I was surprised here. Nerf Savage Roar to 4-5 mana (and/or maybe take the effect off your hero) and this stops being such a problem (as, as myself and (I think) TGP were discussing recently, 12-14 burst damage isn't too bad, it's just the double-combo that makes it totally unreasonable), so I'm surprised (but hardly upset) that it's been hit so hard.

Ancient of Lore is the one I'm most befuddled by. They've pretty much killed a really good card, when all they needed to do (if they wanted to tone down the card draw) was reduce the mana by 1 (to 6). That's not unreasonable at all - It lines up with Shieldmaiden, Azure Drake and the new Priest minion (the 4/5 for 5 mana that heals 5 damage), and it's in good company there, certainly still viable, but leaving it at 7 mana makes it shite, which is a real shame.

The cards were nerfed for me from first thing this morning playing on my mac. Funny how some people don't seem to realise its happened. Have had 2 people quit when their Arcane Golem didn't have charge on it

28 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

That's a bit harsh. Is there not an in-game newsfeed about stuff like that?

I believe there's a pop up when you launch first time after it happens. Be nice if there was an ingame change history so that if you launch and click through because you're impatient or by accident you can get back to it and review

After dusting all the nerfed cards, I had three playable decks left. Two of which were Murloc variants.

It's likely that some of the cards will be re-crafted later - Knife Juggler especially - but may as well stockpile the dust while it's available. At worst you re-spend the same amount at some point down the line.

2 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

It's likely that some of the cards will be re-crafted later - Knife Juggler especially - but may as well stockpile the dust while it's available. At worst you re-spend the same amount at some point down the line.

That's actually a very good way of looking at it. I'm terrible for disenchanting stuff these days, but I might get rid of all the nerfed cards bar the BGH and Knife Jugglers now. I already said I doubt I'll play any of the others, and that dust will mean I should get a free legendary (or half a deck) out of them at least. I don't have a lot of dust saved at present, but the sheer number of packs I'll be opening should make that less of an issue. (All things considered, quests (and servers) permitting, I'll be opening well over 100 packs tomorrow.)

Oh, and I think there's scheduled maintenance from 00:30 to 01:30 tonight for EU, which most are taking as meaning that it'll go live for us here at 01:30.

Trying to push myself to 10 with my current decks, can't get past 11. Using my tempo mage and control priest, but keep getting a bad run. Annoying, would be a nice milestone to hit after all this time. Never been at 11 before, so it's a win, but would like the extra reward

45 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Trying to push myself to 10 with my current decks, can't get past 11. Using my tempo mage and control priest, but keep getting a bad run. Annoying, would be a nice milestone to hit after all this time. Never been at 11 before, so it's a win, but would like the extra reward

I was at 11 this season and played Tempo Mage for a quest. Lost about 6-7 in a row. Rip that golden rare.

After getting my golden warrior with a frankly comedy face deck, I've been playing as a kind of midrange beast hunter which has got me to 13. But I've mainly been pissing about.

Will hopefully push for 10 with new decks (10 is a good result for me)

I'm  then going to main hunter and warlock if I can build some fun decks as they are the next 2 nearest to gold portraits. 

I'm pretty much set on trying a n'zoth hunter deck, as I think they have some strong cards to back that up, as well as a nice curve with the new additions that as long as you have them to hand, make for a very strong lead up to end game, as well as decent beast synergy. I've always enjoyed hunter too, possibly because that's my main in wow, but I'm going to have to retire my current main deck for standard (which I've barely changed from gvg- it's not face hunter before you say!) so I'm thinking of other alternatives I may enjoy as much.

I've got about 390 hunter wins so am going to push on with that - n'zoth is what i was thinking coupled with the new legendary.

Seeing a few piratey face warriors on the ladder too, I'm going to give that a go once the new pirate cards are out 

Nearly 5000 in dust so should be able to craft at least 3 legends 

This was my haul from 55 packs - only screenshotted the legend packs - got a tonne of epics and goldens in general too - got one dupe but considering the first one was a golden can't complaint too much - that works out as a legendary from just over 10 packs a go - feels gud man

Pak1.jpg

PAK2.jpg

PAK3.jpg

PAK4.jpg

PAK5.jpg

The new cards are the first time I have wanted to quit playing. Just had a standard game and my opponent had tons of the new cards. I was just blown away, no chance to compete, which is bollocks. I've not been that overwhelmed in a long time. Will keep going, but the new cards seem OP to me in standard. And I am not paying for any

6 hours ago, Uzi Temp said:

This was my haul from 55 packs - only screenshotted the legend packs - got a tonne of epics and goldens in general too - got one dupe but considering the first one was a golden can't complaint too much - that works out as a legendary from just over 10 packs a go - feels gud man

Pak1.jpg

PAK2.jpg

PAK3.jpg

PAK4.jpg

PAK5.jpg

What!?!?

i opened 64 packs and got the boogeymonster as the only legend. 

Fucking hell

38 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Ok.C'Thun is a bullshit card. The only one I have got really annoyed at. A crap player can turn a game with this, it's wrong. 

You could probably slap down a few low cost, high health minions just before your opponent gets to 10 to absorb most of the damage. Everyone's playing C'Thun right now and they're all desperate to lay it down as soon as possible.